22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

As an AFOL I have zero interest in some of the minifigs they come up with for BAM.  I'm more likely to grab the parts I'm actually interested in and cobble together figures using only the parts I really want.  I'm pretty good at knowing which parts are pricer or exclusive so I definitely try to get my money's worth when doing BAM.  Solid color legs are mostly a pass for me as they are easily gotten cheaply elsewhere.  I go for the printed or dual molded legs or the skirt pieces and things like the Mermaid tails if I can find them.  I try to get the seasonal figures if I like them but if I have a choice of grabbing bottoms other than the solid color ones they usually use I will.  If it's a specially printed one meant to match the rest of the figure then I will get it.  I also go for animals, some of the newer instruments, decorated pies, the flask pieces and such for accessories rather than something like the snowboards, pizzas, bananas, swords, cameras, umbrellas, wands, purses & such that can be bought cheaply elsewhere.  Likewise I seek out interesting Headpieces over most plain hair or basic hats like the baseball caps & bike helmets. 

They were on a roll for a while with trying to make coherent figures but the Q3 wave that was mostly Ninjago did nothing for me other than the Chicken.  This new Q4 wave has more body parts I'm interested in but no decent accessories.  The Halloween wave was just so-so but I did grab a bunch of the Jack-o-lantern hat piece.  I wish they'd bring back the Jack-o-lantern head.  The accessories for those three I think I only grabbed one watering can.  Passed on the lantern & saxophone and took extra Jack-o-lanterns for accessories and a couple of blue bunnies.  Also took some dual molded legs rather than the solid green & brown ones.  The challenge with putting together any particular coherent figure is actually finding all the parts that are meant to make up that figure.  I've often found it challenging to find all 4 specific body parts needed for some figures, or if I can build the figure itself they accessory I want isn't available.

The last 3 waves this year have been rather uninteresting to me, some animals in new colors or a re-release of the black falcon would be a winner to me (maybe next year):def_shrug:

Just now, williejm said:

Genuinely struggling to make sense of a mermaid tail with printed jean belt loops, pockets & fly … 

Haven't you bought the new mermaid jeans?! Everybody that's follows fashion use them these days :tongue::laugh:

2 hours ago, williejm said:

Genuinely struggling to make sense of a mermaid tail with printed jean belt loops, pockets & fly … 

...it's a costume?

I feel like the latest BAM release has been just a random combo of some wanted parts. It used to be that the BAM releases were almost a CMF unto itself.

Well I have to say that this batch has zero accessories I want.  Unless they aren't showing something interesting.  In the pictures I've seen a few of the figs didn't appear to have an accessory.  Pitchforks, mugs, croissants, umbrellas & cameras are all cheap parts.

2 hours ago, hikouki said:

I feel like the latest BAM release has been just a random combo of some wanted parts. It used to be that the BAM releases were almost a CMF unto itself.

The concept seems to evolve through phases. Earlier in this very thread I described what the phases had been up until that point, and now they seem to be trying something else again.

13 hours ago, williejm said:

BAM is just obsessed with jeans. Jean shorts, jean skirt, now jean mermaid tail. Next it'll be a blue dog with jeans printing on the side and buttons for eyes.

13 hours ago, williejm said:

M E R M A I D

M E           I D

D E    I M

D E N I M

I don't understand what's so confusing about this.

7 minutes ago, kalexicon said:

M E R M A I D

M E           I D

D E    I M

D E N I M

:iamded_lol: :roflmao:

10 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

BAM is just obsessed with jeans. Jean shorts, jean skirt, now jean mermaid tail. Next it'll be a blue dog with jeans printing on the side and buttons for eyes.

Levi’s jeans everywhere now!

12 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

To be honest, if they did that, it would be an excellent print for a toy and I would get a handful.

12 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

That dog sounds horrifying.... like something out of the nightmare-inducing film known as "Coraline"

1 hour ago, Murdoch17 said:

That dog sounds horrifying.... like something out of the nightmare-inducing film known as "Coraline"

It would be sweeeeeeeeet! :wub:

carousel_large_featured_image_3a98219b.j

19 hours ago, kalexicon said:

M E R M A I D

M E           I D

D E    I M

D E N I M

You got it all wrong:

M E R M A N

M E    M    N

L E      I   'S

LEVI'S JEANS

image.png.313f7560b3cad22876ebe2c26f7b8174.png

On 9/29/2023 at 6:50 PM, Roebuck said:

-Their aim is to use PAB parts to stock BAM online in H1
-They also hope to introduce more seasonal BAM parts next year, this is still a work in progress

That sounds pretty useless! If you can buy the parts in PAB having them available for online BAM adds nothing. If they included the store BAM parts then it might be more interesting.  

Online BAM started off OK (I bought 160 figures over 4 orders)  with some interesting torsos and accessories but once they were sold they were never replaced.

El 9/2/2023 a las 15:46, ShoelaceAglet dijo:

Me encanta tu insta, siempre lo uso como referencia para cualquier cosa relacionada con BAM

Thank!! 😃

5 hours ago, El Garfio said:

Don't bad talk about pitchforks

How soon they forget...a decade or so ago, the humble pitchfork was one of the most craved parts in the LEGO catalogue. We were ecstatic when they started showing up as CMF accessories.

Not talking bad about pitchforks.  Just saying it is now a somewhat cheap part that is easily gotten.  They are on PAB for $.34 whereas the something like the Lute is $2.83.  Likewise snake is $.17 and a chicken is $2.06

On 10/2/2023 at 8:57 PM, RichardGoring said:

Where else do you think mermaids keep their keys and cash? Pockets are essential.

Like you’ve never heard of mermaids purses!