22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

On 10/2/2022 at 8:59 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

You're looking at it.

Jokes aside, it would be nice if LEGO added an individual online inventory to each store so you know which store has which minifigure parts.

That would require the employees at each individual store to care enough to keep track of what’s in stock. The ones at bot my local stores can’t even be bothered to keep the parts sorted into different bins based on category (the main thing keeping me from blowing all my cash on BAM is the fact that finding a head that I actually want is THE WORST in that set up). The system might be able to automatically log in new parts when the store receives a shipment, the someone on site would have to go and remove parts from the store inventory when they sell out, and that’s just not going to happen unless there’s someone with major OCD on staff. The system would become unusable for most stores within months. But it’s a nice dream (honestly though I’d just be happy if my local stores kept the different part types sorted into separate bins :/ )

It would be almost impossible to keep track of in stores, but if we could get the same parts online with say a 4 month delay from when the parts show up in stores it would be very easy to maintain :shrug_oh_well:

On 10/12/2022 at 8:11 PM, brimbolet said:

Still no silver falcon knights

I visited my local Lego Store at Tuesday, which reopened after a one month renovation. And first time since it release, I finally could find gray knight helmets, which is related to the silver falcon knights. But still no torsos or legs or shields.

Instead, the same company also runs a Bricklink store, and guess what, there are 96 silver falcon torsos available at 7.50 EUR price each. (A complete bam figure is 4 EUR.) And the same is true for many of the most interesting bam exclusive parts.

2 hours ago, kodlovag said:

I visited my local Lego Store at Tuesday, which reopened after a one month renovation. And first time since it release, I finally could find gray knight helmets, which is related to the silver falcon knights. But still no torsos or legs or shields.

Instead, the same company also runs a Bricklink store, and guess what, there are 96 silver falcon torsos available at 7.50 EUR price each. (A complete bam figure is 4 EUR.) And the same is true for many of the most interesting bam exclusive parts.

That's a shame. Feels far too underhand. Sorry.

10 hours ago, kodlovag said:

Is there a way to report this to lego. 

does anyone have the list of exclusive BAM parts for 2021?....that seems to be the only year that you can't see on bricklink, or was there no new parts for 2021 due to covid?

Edited by Josh06
more info

There were definitely new parts in 2021, they just don't seem to have officialized the list on BL.

5 hours ago, Karalora said:

There were definitely new parts in 2021, they just don't seem to have officialized the list on BL.

I think I remember getting some new parts then,is there any kind of grouping of them on here or anywhere?

I wonder if Christmas Elf’s hat+hair piece from CMF Series 23 would show up in BAM some times later? That hat piece is just lovely and I would like to popular my Christmas town with more female elves!

I'm hoping they remake it with different color braids.  Even if they did red hat with brown or blond braids I'd be happy.  But I hope they don't continue with the obnoxious bright pink & green colors they used for the BAM elf.  I prefer my elves to be traditional holiday colors.

That reminds me - does BAM usually offer hairpieces that are rubber (like Dorothy Gale/Moaning Myrtle, Libranain from CMF), and now this new female elf one)?

52 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

That reminds me - does BAM usually offer hairpieces that are rubber (like Dorothy Gale/Moaning Myrtle, Libranain from CMF), and now this new female elf one)?

I think there was a blond version of the Spooky Girl wig in there for a while, but all the ones I saw looked very grungy because dirt clings to the rubber.

1 hour ago, Karalora said:

I think there was a blond version of the Spooky Girl wig in there for a while, but all the ones I saw looked very grungy because dirt clings to the rubber.

That Spoky Girl’s wig is the same thing I was talking about - Librarian (from CMF)! I agree with you on the grungy part.

Ok, I am really curious that they would release rubbery hairpiece in BAM at all. 

On 10/19/2022 at 2:55 AM, Josh06 said:

does anyone have the list of exclusive BAM parts for 2021?....that seems to be the only year that you can't see on bricklink, or was there no new parts for 2021 due to covid?

There was no new animals in BAM last year I think, but I believe there was some printed parts even if it was a bad BAM year overall :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

It looks like BrickClicker has a video up with image of Christmas-themed BAM. 

how do see that video?

14 minutes ago, Josh06 said:

how do see that video?

Search BrickClicker on Youtube and it will come up.

I went to the Las Vegas LEGO Store yesterday and they had all three of these new BAM figures in holiday/winter blister packs. I was only there for the last minutes before closing and wanted to scan the PAB wall, so didn't take photos, and forgot to pick one up before leaving. Oops!

Mrs. Santa is Boring but I'd grab a couple of the red skirt piece.  Already have several of the Gingerbread woman unless there is something different from the one from the Gingerbread House.  The Sweater on the kid is very nice.  I'll need a few of the sweater & may consider a few more Gingerbread people.  Was really hoping to see a recolored Elf hat with the braids like the CMF.  Maybe in the rumored Elf GWP.

Not technically a BAM figure but the Minifigure factory is up and running at the Lego Disney Store in Orlando. I fill out their survey with some scathing remarks last time and the Manager offered me 4 minifigure boxes to use at the factory. I gave two away but here was the only "castle" torsos on there and i wanted to post how they came out. The torsos are always white and there wasn't much available in the way of Accessories - they didn't even have any castle helmets. So the torso and faces are all that are OG in the pics. The red Dragon is a little more vibrant in real life then the picture, and the print grain is a little harder to see at first glance.

2022-11-06_09-37-342022-11-06_09-38-04

Edited by natesroom

On 9/30/2022 at 9:41 PM, Chilis said:

And is there a place online where you can see the PaB-wall inventory?

There used to be a few sites that did this. Wallofbricks was one, there was another worldwide one whose name escapes me. This one currently tries to do the same: https://www.pabfinder.com/stores

There are others for individual stores such as https://brightonbricks.com/pab-wall

The problem with them is that they need to be kept up to date by fans, and fans are not good at keeping them up to date to the point that they tend to be useless.

I think the same would happen if stores updated them. If they say they have such and such parts in stock when checking online, and they don't have those parts in stock when you arrive, then there will be complaints. And the type of parts that someone would travel for are the type of parts that will sell out fast. Especially with BAM parts, it would be impossible to keep track of what is in stock unless they kept all stock separated in drawers and took parts out themselves and not allow kids to do it (as they inevitably mix them up) which takes away all the fun of the BAM bar.