22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

13 hours ago, natesroom said:

Anyone want knight torsos, the Cherry Hill Mall, has a whole bunch. The lady in charge Jessica went in the back and pulled a bag out and said I could buy the whole bag, she's got a bunch. I felt bad so I only picked up about 100.

That was modest of you:tongue:

Haha, i wish i had the knowledge of the parts and where they showed up. Sometimes i see prints in the BAM that i know i havent seen in other BAMs, but i dont know if they are rare. Saw this one the other day

250x250p.jpg?1658361296.0634332

Edited by natesroom

7 hours ago, natesroom said:

Haha, i wish i had the knowledge of the parts and where they showed up. Sometimes i see prints in the BAM that i know i havent seen in other BAMs, but i dont know if they are rare. Saw this one the other day

Yup, that one’s been in several city/creator sets. Most recently in the Horse Transporter set with the new dark orange horse. 

1 minute ago, SirBlake said:

Yup, that one’s been in several city/creator sets. Most recently in the Horse Transporter set with the new dark orange horse. 

IIRC it first appeared in the Lego Ideas ‘Old Fishing Store’

On 7/19/2022 at 10:15 AM, Agent Kallus said:

Haven't seen the knight's torso yet, I've looked in Bristol and Brighton so far. Managed to get the Wizard's parts though. Skirt in Bristol, torso in Brighton.

Yeah, found the wizard torso in Brighton. Bristol a bit far for the skirt, had to make do with a blue, brown dual mold. No head or hat :( 

And no falcon knights though there was  green knights torso. 

1 hour ago, Rjbricks said:

Whats a green knight torso?

13 minutes ago, natesroom said:

Oh man would have loved to see that torso

It’s been showing up in BAMs now for quite a while, I think 

My store had the Green Knight torso two weeks ago when I was there.  They didn't have the legs in the BAM tower but they did in the Minifigure Factory Tower so I was able to get both parts.  Luckily my store allows you to check the Minifigure Factory Tower if you are looking for something that's not in the BAM tower.

9 hours ago, Rjbricks said:

Yeah, found the wizard torso in Brighton. Bristol a bit far for the skirt, had to make do with a blue, brown dual mold. No head or hat :( 

That's ironic as Bristol is my closest lego shop by far (I live there), and I only went to Brighton as it was a 'pitstop' on the way back from Kent. They did also have the head and hat in Bristol, I should've mentioned them but they weren't of special interest to me so I forgot to mention them. Both shops had the uniquely coloured tricorne + ponytail part and the printed wanted poster. I was gonna nip into the shop in Cardiff as well because was there for filming the other day but by the time I left the studio the shop had closed.

8 hours ago, natesroom said:

@RichardGoring The picture you posted last month is that a display they show at the Boston Store? My Disney Springs location store doesn't do any of that..

Yes. The stores that don't have a BAM tower in the US appear to do this. The stores where all the pieces are just loose in the BAM tower don't (appear) to do it. So if that is there, all you can do it select those figures and the store employees will get it for you. You can choose which accessory you get through.

I was in California this week. San Francisco, Hillsdale, and San Jose stores all had pre-made BAM figures, if anyone is interested and in the area:

San Francisco

52237706714_9eb163df5c_k.jpg

Hillsdale

52237916375_e0406cae46_k.jpg

San Jose

52237426486_3563571337_k.jpg

A couple weeks ago I got some build-a-mini figs on a trip to the Lego store... one part I hadn't seen before was this face, which I felt was perfect for the new knight figure! I also got a lady pirate with dark red hair and hat, and the new wizard.

I'm always conflicted with BAM on whether to get heads or not. My head, ha ha, says don't bother, as they're only 26c through Bricks and Pieces. But my heart keeps looking at the different designs and wanting the variety that they bring.

Finally found the BAM Magenta Bear & Spring Chick at the Disney Springs Store today, my store has been out of them the few times I was there.  Also got a couple of the butterfly wings, some Flying owls, a few more Falcon Knights and a few odds & ends of other BAM parts including the Egyptian skirt piece.  Both BAM Towers were out but one has no dividers in it so it was just two giant levels of everything tossed together.  PAB wall was mostly 1x1 & 1x2 pieces, no larger plates or bricks.

Nice to see the BAM tower is back - when i went two weeks ago they were down to 1 and claimed stock was low.

Much furniture shopping recently has had me go near the LEGO store once again, and it's always worth popping in if you're close. I got a few more things from the Boston Northshore store. The female ice skater CMF legs and torso are there. I got the gnome torso too. Does anyone recognize the silvery blue female torso on the left? I could only find that one, plus another that had the arms removed (sigh). And nothing that seemed to match for the lower half.

52253920367_8ff0e5c1ad_k.jpg

Plus added a few of the chainmail torsos for castle-related things. No matching legs today though.

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

Does anyone recognize the silvery blue female torso on the left?

That's the Series 17 Elf Maiden.

Spotted the torso (and only the torso) from the Series 1 astronaut today in the BaM bin (although I didn't actually buy anything since there wasn't anything in the bins I needed, already got several S1 astronauts back in the day)

Just saw a picture of some supposed new Halloween themed BAM figs.  A Scarecrow, Bat Boy & Witch.  They look pretty good, hope they're real.