22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

I went to the Burlington Mall, MA LEGO store today and they had most of the new BAM figures in. They arrived last week. Sadly not the chicken suit or fairy. The terrifying pink bear was also not there.

51870702283_20ad1d9e6a_k.jpg

This is their full selection. I've not seen the green top (#8) before, so got one of those to go with castle stuff.

51870937744_81fa96098c_k.jpg

56 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Why is your username not Clone OPedia? Fabulous knowledge, as usual.

:laugh: More like Clone OProcrastination from doing more important things. But it's a pleasure.

4 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

:laugh: More like Clone OProcrastination from doing more important things. But it's a pleasure.

Ha ha! Although I think that might be a lot of people on here. Me included.

Is the violin a different color? I’m pretty sure it’s the same one as in the CMF...but can’t quite tell. 

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Is the violin a different color? I’m pretty sure it’s the same one as in the CMF...but can’t quite tell. 

It's dark orange, which I think is the same as the CMF (I didn't get the CMF).

I’m trying to find a light blue brick costume minifig online (other than B&P). I could find it on Bricklink. 

Does anyone know where I can find it?

15 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m trying to find a light blue brick costume minifig online (other than B&P). I could find it on Bricklink. 

Head, party hat and hair is in B&P 

The costume is in bricklink and I know a couple of places, but depends where you live.

On 2/13/2022 at 5:13 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

It might also become available in the new Pick A Brick combined with Brick&Pieces, if that hasn't rolled out yet in your region, but no guarantees either.

It looks like the cake suit fig, the clown, and the bright light blue brick suit have started to show up on a few stores in the US (they call the pack "birthday figures", apparently), but I haven't heard of the other 3-pack with the magenta bear showing up. The bear seemed to be intended for Valentine's, which makes it odd that they haven't shown up yet in the US (as far as I know). The other figures seem more Easter-themed, so perhaps they intend to release them closer to Easter.

Packs with pink bear, chick and fairy have been seen at the shop in New Zealand. They are doing pre-packs currently. Until recently, it was pick your own as per normal.

With all the new juvenile animals we getting this year I sure hope we start see some recolors of them in BAM soon :wink:

11 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

Packs with pink bear, chick and fairy have been seen at the shop in New Zealand. They are doing pre-packs currently. Until recently, it was pick your own as per normal.

I've observed this too in the US. Personally, I do like having the option of getting pre-packaged figs whose pieces haven't been handled at BAM stations by other customers.

14 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

with the pandemic still going strong here in NZ, I think it's the right move.  Lots of kids would be touching it otherwise.

I agree. I also like that the local scalpers cannot just build many packs all with the same sought after fig or parts in them.

21 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I miss building my own. Still annoys me I can’t do it myself, I’m an adult for goodness sake. 

Here in Australia the bins (at least the ones I have seen) are fully operational and you can just pick what you want.

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

Here in Australia the bins (at least the ones I have seen) are fully operational and you can just pick what you want.

This is coming from Australia - one of the strictest countries in terms of COVID restrictions. Crikey no excuse for LEGO UK doing it then.

On 2/22/2022 at 4:57 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

I miss building my own. Still annoys me I can’t do it myself, I’m an adult for goodness sake.

After two years I was finally able to do it. It was so nice & fun digging through the parts & looking for the gold that sunk to the bottom. Hopefully you can return to that soon. 

16 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

This is coming from Australia - one of the strictest countries in terms of COVID restrictions. Crikey no excuse for LEGO UK doing it then.

We also have the 3 pre-packaged packs for sale as well as the bins in operation.

So if you don’t want to dig through bins where little kids have had their grubby sticky hands in there touching everything, that’s an option.

Just got back from the Disneyland Lego store.  They don't have the Fairy, Magenta Bear or Easter Chick parts.  Unfortunately their BAM tower has everything totally mixed together so it was beastly trying to locate what I could find of the newer pieces.  I managed to get two of the pinkish red balloon dogs and they had loads of the pig.  Couldn't find the Violin and I didn't see the Year of the Tiger tile.  Some of the older stuff from last year they had some parts but not everything for each figure.  I never managed to get the Dachshund and sadly they didn't have the pie with sprinkles unless you did the Create your own Minifigure.  There were loads of options for that including the Shark head & a white Chicken Head and also some other accessory parts.

I prefer being able to chose my own parts because some of the accessories aren't of interest to me.  I also try to find some of the more unique heads because I have so many different yellow ones already.  When I find different ones like the Pumpkin head or any that are a different color than the basic yellow or have unique features like the animal print style faces I'll try grab some of those.  Even the figures I did today I chose some random legs for rather than the Brown & Light blue they had for the Cake Suit Guy & the Brick Suit Girl and I also chose some different hair pieces.

Edited by karrit

10 hours ago, Vindicare said:

After two years I was finally able to do it. It was so nice & fun digging through the parts & looking for the gold that sunk to the bottom. Hopefully you can return to that soon. 

Thank you, I hope so especially with all restrictions ending the UK.

7 hours ago, ChrisW said:

We also have the 3 pre-packaged packs for sale as well as the bins in operation.

So if you don’t want to dig through bins where little kids have had their grubby sticky hands in there touching everything, that’s an option.

Both options is probably best case scenario tbh.

12 hours ago, karrit said:

Just got back from the Disneyland Lego store.  They don't have the Fairy, Magenta Bear or Easter Chick parts.  Unfortunately their BAM tower has everything totally mixed together so it was beastly trying to locate what I could find of the newer pieces.  I managed to get two of the pinkish red balloon dogs and they had loads of the pig.  Couldn't find the Violin and I didn't see the Year of the Tiger tile.  Some of the older stuff from last year they had some parts but not everything for each figure.  I never managed to get the Dachshund and sadly they didn't have the pie with sprinkles unless you did the Create your own Minifigure.  There were loads of options for that including the Shark head & a white Chicken Head and also some other accessory parts.

I prefer being able to chose my own parts because some of the accessories aren't of interest to me.  I also try to find some of the more unique heads because I have so many different yellow ones already.  When I find different ones like the Pumpkin head or any that are a different color than the basic yellow or have unique features like the animal print style faces I'll try grab some of those.  Even the figures I did today I chose some random legs for rather than the Brown & Light blue they had for the Cake Suit Guy & the Brick Suit Girl and I also chose some different hair pieces.

This is exactly why I never pulled the trigger on the prepacked minifigs. The exclusive parts were always tied to other parts I didn’t want. I’ll go for regular stuff, but only if I don’t have many of them. Like the dark blue sweater that only came in Spring Lantern Festival...I finally found that & was able to grab what I wanted with it. I’m the opposite of you with heads though...I don’t go for those, just different/exclusive or rare to me prints are what I look for.