22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

2 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I'm pretty sure they are fully official, but as to how they were obtained... I doubt they were purchased. Is there an embargo on any LEGO product; these PAB exclusives have always just popped up at some point, right?

I saw people posting about having bought the Halloween pieces in Billund a couple of months before they finally showed up here around the end of September. So while it's unlikely that Easter stuff is out somewhere this early, it's not impossible. But either way, I'm looking forward to the next BAM selection... ;)

Oh, no. I haven't even found the Valentine's elephant or snow crystal guy yet, and now these are showing up? What am I going to do? All these holiday/seasonal minifig parts are too cute!

4 hours ago, williejm said:

Those ‘easter’ BAM figures are all kind of retro sinister ... 

Agree

That Bunny dude is fever dream material

On 1/7/2020 at 2:52 PM, makoy said:

Ok here it is... Spot the difference! Don't blink. 

[insert image here]

The eyes are different, which is rather strange. Why didn’t Lego keep to the previous design?

Just saw on IG a new minifg « at the fair » pack (40373) It seems to have the blue teddy bear in it (2) and looks like the same from the future BAM one? 

12 hours ago, J4ck said:

The eyes are different, which is rather strange. Why didn’t Lego keep to the previous design?

Yes, they are slightly different but I don't think it will be considered as 2 different entries in Bricklink. It is possible that the variation is due to the different manufacturing plant those penguins are made.

42 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

Just saw on IG a new minifg « at the fair » pack (40373) It seems to have the blue teddy bear in it (2) and looks like the same from the future BAM one? 

I noticed that too. 

I can seem to attach the screen cap from my iPad but I just saw over on IG the flower minifig without the bear but it seems to be holding some type of foliage I can’t recognize... new?

49431651158_f22df386a8_b.jpg

Edited by Megbricks
To add pic

1 minute ago, Megbricks said:

I can seem to attach the screen cap from my iPad but I just saw over on IG the flower minifig without the bear but it seems to be holding some type of foliage I can’t recognize... new?

It's just an apple. :sceptic:

Ok, I'm loving these :D Is there some kind of group one can join in order to buy these?

(am currently on a long term on-site project with no access to LEGO stores)

Edited by Dardanel

I am in the same boat and doubt if I will see these figures in a store before I get there.  Does anyone have the item ID for the ice man head, torso, and skirt on bricklink?  I'm not sure how to look that up since they're not part of a set.

Edit: Found the skirt.  It's the Princess Leia skirt: 36036pb14 on BL.

Edited by Grover
Found one

On 1/7/2020 at 10:32 AM, makoy said:

MBV_3892

From left to right --

The bicycle helmet is a recolour. I think it's exclusive to BAM at the moment?
Then the white torso with white stripes is also available, which first appeared in People Pack - Fun Fair (3626cpb2380).
Pink legs assembly is also a welcome addition.

Hair Bowl Cut Parted in Centre, in Medium Nougat also appears to be BAM exclusive at the moment.
The face is also from People Pack - Fun Fair (3626cpb2381)
The torso is from Chip/Dale in Disney Train & Station. They did not even bother changing the reddish brown hands. LOL
Legs assembly is from sushi chef as already mentioned.

I still see some DBG cats and black dogs... so I added here.

I've seen the magenta legs previously is in the female Legoland Minifigure magnet

s-l1600.jpg

Was in the Amsterdam Store today.

No cats or dogs :sceptic:, lots of rats, some bats and lobsters, and lots and lots of blue skis filling that accesoires section.

I also saw some of those knights Crusader shields but those were part of the more expensive custom minifig station, I don't know the policy on that , but it's pretty much right next to the BAM towers.

But I will come back more often in the future, having a store fairly close (45 minute) isn't bad at all compared to how it used to be before when the nearest store was Belgium or Germany.

Edited by TeriXeri

Being an avid Minifigure collector I have recently found myself intrigued by the BAM exclusives MF parts and accessories, as such I have gone through all of my BAM figures and have compiled what I believe to be "Exclusive" parts, I have done a lot of research thus far, in fact that is how I came upon this forum, this is by no means all the "Exclusive" BAM parts there are, just what I have in my collection, some may not be and I would love feedback if you find something that is not, but I can only find bits and pieces of information on the subject aside from Rebrickable's Dummy Set and New Elementary's Articles, in the torsos photo the 3rd row back containing 4 torsos, they all differ from their existing counterparts in that they lack back printing, also I have duplicates of the majority of these parts and would love to trade for ones that I do not.

BAM TorsosBAM LegsBAM HeadsBAM HairBAM HeadgearBAM Accessories

Great post . Interesting that some torsos are different due to lack of back printing.

I was just in a LEGO store today for the first time ever so didn't pay that much attention to each torso, but did see some of those.

There also were a lot of blue skis everywhere so seeing accessories was kinda hard.

I didn't make figures myself yet but will return.

Edited by TeriXeri

@Broke4Bricks That's a very interesting list, thank you!

There are two parts in the shots that don't seem to be BAM-exclusives :
- The black torso with a skull and dual-molded arms also comes with CMF Serie 16 Spooky Boy,
- The printed white skirt piece also comes with Princess Leia from the Tantive IV set.

You could also add the following parts to the list of exclusives :
   lego-orange-minifigure-hair-with-side-piThe orange and black pigtails
970c00pb1015.t1.png The orange legs with bat and pumpkin print

26078pb003.t1.png The black terrier dog

13786pb05.t1.png The dark bluish grey cat with pink nose

@Aurore thanks I actually have all of those, now to dig them up, most of mine come from Legoland FL in the Minifigure Market store, similar to the BAM bars I've seen but a little more organized and also $12.99 instead of $9.99. There are some parts I know I need but hard to determine sometimes if they are indeed exclusive. I would like to compile a list of known exclusives to aid others who may be looking themselves.

@TeriXeri Thank you and yes tons of the blue skis at Legoland as well. ?

@Broke4Bricks, I think a number of these have been released previously as CMFs.  For instance:

Green shirt torso from the CMF 11 Holiday elf

Pirate torso from the pirate chess set

Vampire torso from the Halloween haunt

Wacky witch torso from CMF 14

And a few are recolors, like the skirt from Ms. Claus, the spider lady CMF, etc., although as far as I know, those are still exclusive to BAM.  Similarly, some of the accessories, like the guitar and the boombox, are slight recolors from other CMFs and sets.  Some may actually be from a CMF or set, I'm not sure.

As @Aurore pointed out, the white printed skirt is from SW, the spooky boy torso is from the CMF line, etc.  There are still exclusives to BAM, but there's quite a few that are excess stock from the CMF line.  I missed out on the excess prints of the shakespeare CMF torso.  Oh well.

Nevertheless, I appreciate you collecting these pieces in one picture.  Maybe we can start a list on here, with or without pics, for the BAM exclusive pieces?  I think that might be a useful endeavor.

Edited by Grover

I was just in the Pentagon City shop in Virginia, and they had plastic BaM packs with pre-assembled Chinese New Year figs next to the till. Didn't notice any pieces for the figures in the actual BaM section, though.

@Grover absolutely,  the spooky boy torso and Leia robes were mistakes on my part, but elf, vampire, and witch torsos are recolors for the BAM bar, which I personally consider to be exclusive, the pirate differs in that it has no back printing like the other version, as well as the rest of that row lack back printing , all accessories, hair and headgear have been verified to been unique, if only in color to the BAM bar , and if only for the time being, but I agree it would be nice to have the information in one area as I've searched exhaustively to compile the collection I have, and some more I dug up today. Heading to Legoland tomorrow hopefully the Brown bunny and Blue flower pieces will be out for Q1 2020

https://flic.kr/p/2iny3DK

Edited by Broke4Bricks

Ah, some of that was unclear to me from the pictures.  I can't really tell that the elf, vampire and witch torsos are unique from the pics.  Thanks for clarifying! 

There's also a pure white skirt at the BAM station from what I have heard.  I have not yet seen that myself, however I also only get to Lego stores 1-2x/year on average.

@Grover I've been digging through about 15 of these organizers of my minifig accessories trying to find the BAM exclusives , we buy a lot of them from Lego store and Legoland, here is what I've got so far.

20200131_140158