brickcitydepot

2 Modular Houses - Dark blue and tan

This is the 2nd in a series of two houses together that we are making. This set was made by my brother but I do all the posting. These 2 houses were modeled after 2 houses in Richmond, VA. We decided to put an alley in between the two houses to try something new. Both houses are 18 studs wide. Both houses also feature a lot of SNOT work from top to bottom. Check out all the cool details, like the roof, greenhouse, BBQ grill and the porches. The tan house in real life was sand blue but he didn't make it sand blue because there weren't enough parts available (finished just before petshop pictures came out).

5710358945_1b9bd683a2.jpg

Lego City Residential Pack #2 - Modular Houses by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

5710921874_60bc91146e.jpg

Lego City Residential Pack #2 - Back by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

5710359913_ff46ca4846.jpg

Lego City Residential Pack #2 - Top sections by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

5710922556_dbdf8ecebc.jpg

Lego City Residential Pack #2 - Greenhouse by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

5710923418_2364b0f209.jpg

Lego City Residential Pack #2 - Deck by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

Awww, they are gorgeous :wub:. Lots of great details in there. The roof is a real eye-catcher, lovely done. And now I can't stop looking at all your other awesome buildings on flickr :wink:.

Those houses look incredibly beautiful! :thumbup:

There are so many great details. The little alley gives a great separator of the two houses.

These are just gorgeous. Saw them on your website yesterday and thought 'I might just have to get those instructions' :) that other pair of houses you did is also a great addition to any modular layout. The creations that come out of the Brick City Depot just get better and better!

These are just amazing.

The level of detail is fantastic default_thumbup.gif, The small green house at the back is a really good addition and it really gives the house character.

Great work.

They are things of beauty, the greenhouse and that little bird house is just the icing on the cake ! :sweet:

AWESOME work 'brickcitydepot', Brick On...totally ! :grin:

Ooh I love it when people have some continuity in buildings. Not to knock anyone's efforts but I see some layouts and think it's all too diverse. Every building is different. Even the official modulars are a bit too diverse. Here though you've taken the same basic design and built houses just different enough to feel realistic. Like you'd see on any street. And the mirroring of the houses is great. There's so much to love here. :wub:

That´s a really beautiful work. The design is really impressive in it´s realistic feeling way and the little alley inbetween is a fantastic idea.

Wonderful!

Those are two lovely modular houses. :wub: The overall smooth build and unique detailing (1x1 round bricks for the roof tiles) are simply wonderful. Simply beautifully done brickcitydepot! :thumbup:

Very nice- having two similar houses, but done up in different colours with different detailing helps create a sense of neighbourhood. Nicely proportioned.

You guys are good! Real good haha. Very nice work with this one.

I saw the tarheel firetruck in person this past weekend. :thumbup:

Superb work, brickcitydepot and brother.

I particularly like the tree/vine up the back of the tan house.

Great buildings.

:classic: :classic:

Wow, those ate awesome! I would definitely buy those if they were official. But, the owner of the tan house neglected their watering duties a bit. :tongue: Excellent MOC man, well done. Kudos to your brother, too.

Totally awesome houses. Great job... love the balcony and the sunporch. Wish there were instructions to build these. :sweet: Looked at some of your other buildings too.... amazing stuff.... especially loved the burned out war buildings... my son would LOVE to have those to play with!