r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

A Wizard series would be awesome, though.  I'd really love to have an affordable way to get my hands on those Flying Monkeys, anyways.

4 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Oh I really wished it was the Wizard of Oz.
But can it be?

:snicker: you got something you wanna tell us Itaria? 

Wizard of Oz series?

Oh...  I dont know how I feel about it (if true).

I con only think on 6-7 appealing minifigures. (Excluding the Wicked Witch, because there are already 2 versions of her. If she appears again here, I bey she will have an exclusive face print and that's it. Like Sensei Wu)

They really don't want to make more regular CMFs, right? If they are going as far as getting a 80 years old license for a CMF series..... 

Also, I hope it wont be a Marvel CMFs wave.

2 Batman series are bad enough. Not everyone is fan of superheroes. Itaria's CMF game and the polls in WhiteFangs reviews show that. 

47 minutes ago, JGuy said:

:snicker: you got something you wanna tell us Itaria? 

43 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Well... no I got something that I don't wanna tell :D

I don't think the Wizard of Oz CMF series is happening and that's what he doesn't want to tell us.

Thank god...

Dr Who and Wizard of Oz are out of the game

Now I really want to see if someone confirms this is not a Harry Potter CMFs

4 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

It's not Wizard of Oz. The end.

Loooooool

Just now, Robert8 said:

Thank god...

Dr Who and Wizard of Oz are out of the game

Now I really want to see if someone confirms this is not a Harry Potter CMFs

I hope not, It might be a Star Wars CMF Series, perhaps? Maybe not? Probably not. Although it is a licensed theme and the oldest licensed theme so maybe?

6 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Star Wars CMF Series, perhaps?

Doubtful because Lego has already stated that due to licensing reasons, they can not release SW figures without actual sets. Of course, licenses can change.

Both Marvel and Star Wars cannot happen because of Hasbro. They have some exclusive licensing deal that means that only they can produce individual action figures for these properties. They sued when TLG started making magnet sets with removable Star Wars figures, and won because a minifig can be classified as an action figure. That is why all Lego magnet sets are glued now. A CMF series of either of those themes would infringe upon Hasbro's licensing rights.

Edited by gedren_y

If they can't do CMFs because of licensing, how are they allowed to do the Star Wars buildable action figures without Hasbro being annoyed?

Right, because Doctor Who is the most important thing in the whole entire universe and anytime anyone does anything at all that is not directly related to Doctor Who, they are bad and wrong and stupid. I almost forgot. I might need you to post the exact same thing another 1,630 times, just to make sure it sinks in.

17 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Please tell your sources at LEGO that the company is losing so much potential money.

Don't know whether to laugh or be frustrated.

3 minutes ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Right, because Doctor Who is the most important thing in the whole entire universe and anytime anyone does anything at all that is not directly related to Doctor Who, they are bad and wrong and stupid. I almost forgot. I might need you to post the exact same thing another 1,630 times, just to make sure it sinks in.

^^^

17 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Please tell your sources at LEGO that the company is losing so much potential money.

Actually I don't think so.
CMF are targeting kids. I don't think there are many kids that are fans of Dr. Who. Many adults are. Kids aren't.

9 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Actually I don't think so.
CMF are targeting kids. I don't think there are many kids that are fans of Dr. Who. Many adults are. Kids aren't.

Pretty sure most of them would go "Dr... Who?"

So i'm thinking that it would have to be some kind of licensed theme that they haven't put many sets out for... like ghostbusters? Or BTTF even? But kids aren't really fans of that I wouldn't think... 

Adventure time? Or has that been disproved?

4 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

It's not Wizard of Oz. The end.

Well too bad it's not Oz.  I'll have to suck it up and buy some of those flying monkeys at high prices from the resellers.

4 minutes ago, JGuy said:

Adventure time? Or has that been disproved?

It's been said it's old, so I highly doubt it will be Adventure Time.  I'd love to see a series based on such a fantasy universe, though.

Too sad about Wizard of Oz, I really wished it too.

What about Dimensions or Castle ? It sounded good ideas. Are they out ?

I was thinking about Castle, the first Castle set (the yellow castle) came out in 1978 and we're talking about a series expected in 2018. Instead of WoO 80 anniversary, it could be Castle 40 anniversary and I could see LEGO makes a series with minifigs of every team we've got since 1978. Better versions like LEGO did with the Wolfpack Rogue.

Edited by notpennysboat

Just now, notpennysboat said:

What about Dimensions or Castle ? It sounded good ideas. Are they out ?

I was thinking about Castle, the first Castle set (the yellow castle) came out in 1978 and we're talking about a series expected in 2018. Instead of WoO 80 anniversary, it could be Castle 40 anniversary and I could see LEGO makes a series with minifigs of every team we've got since 1978. Better versions like LEGO did with the Wolfpack Rogue.

I would love this, but the series in question is supposed to be licensed from my understanding.

That said, a Castle themed series would be beyond amazing, and a new Wolfpack Rogue that sticks closer to the old Wolfpack color scheme (browns, blacks, greys...) would be icing on the cake.

Yes. It is confirmed to be a licensed series.

As for now, the only "regular" series next year will be Series 18

14 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I would love this, but the series in question is supposed to be licensed from my understanding.

That said, a Castle themed series would be beyond amazing, and a new Wolfpack Rogue that sticks closer to the old Wolfpack color scheme (browns, blacks, greys...) would be icing on the cake.

I thought about the licence just after posting :( double sad tonight, I liked this new idea of seeing all the Castle families we've got in 40years in new version especially the Wolfpack guy with the original color you've mentioned. 

TLNM or TLM are considered as licensed or just LEGO ? What about Dimensions ? Still possible? 

Edited by notpennysboat

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Yes. It is confirmed to be a licensed series.

As for now, the only "regular" series next year will be Series 18

So, is this upcoming licensed CMF series based on an old theme already featured in LEGO Dimensions? For example: The Lord of the Rings, The Simpsons, and Jurassic World.