r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

A space cmf wave would be so awesome. I will need all the aliens :-) and maybe they can give us a classic golden age sci-fi retro space guy/girl as well to match with the first one (series 17)

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

“Space” might also just be a codename :shrug_oh_well: A certain theme has its 25th anniversary, so who knows :laugh:

It could also mean they have an empty space in the roster!

18 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Interesting - So this is an unnumbered themed Series like the German National Team or Team GB? 🤔

No i don’t think so. 

13 hours ago, MAB said:

It could also mean they have an empty space in the roster!

Just give it some space… (sarcastically). 

Anyways, I feel like it’s a coindience becuase city hast a LOT of new space sets coming in 2024. The list mentieond one set will come with alien minifigure. So I’m very curious about Space CMF.  I sure hope it’s NOT a licensed series. 

I feel like Lego LIS ended to my idea, such as Pirates-, Viking-themed CMF Series a few pages ago

17 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

“Space” might also just be a codename :shrug_oh_well: A certain theme has its 25th anniversary, so who knows :laugh:

Do we know if there will be any set that CMF Series will accompany then? 

I recall seeing some posts saying there is a lot of “iconic” set lineup next year, such as Pirates, Castle and Space. I may be wrong? 

18 hours ago, danth said:

If it really happens, and it's Space, not City Space or something dumb, then it'll be awesome.

There might be a City Space Minifig, but there is no way that an entire Series would be dedicated to something that can (and will!) appear in regular City sets. 

18 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Unlikely; LEGO uses codenames that are unrelated to the theme that they represent, so if “Space” is a codename, I do not expect it to be for a sci-fi theme. 

Could it be tied then to the new theme they are releasing next spring? 

It could be like the LEGO Movies CMFs, which were "regular" and unnumbered

Very intriguing indeed 

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

Could it be tied then to the new theme they are releasing next spring? 

Very intriguing indeed 

You mean the potential animal crossing one?

1 hour ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

You mean the potential animal crossing one?

I didn't know about the Animall Crossing rumor.....  (dude, TLG really is behind with what is popular...)

I was thinking about the theme @Falconfan1414 posted for March 2024 with set numbers starting with 77046

@Falconfan1414 do you happen to know if said theme is licensed or an in-house new theme?

23 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I was thinking about the theme @Falconfan1414 posted for March 2024 with set numbers starting with 77046

@Falconfan1414 do you happen to know if said theme is licensed or an in-house new theme?

I think you should check out Brick Clicker. 

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Finally someone with some brains got the hands on the new minifigs :wink:

https://www.thebrickfan.com/possible-way-of-figuring-out-lego-marvel-studios-collectible-minifigures-series-2-71039-characters/

Remains to be seen if this is usable for ID them, but sound interesting :sweet:

Excellent. There’s a good chance these vary between regions, but definitely useful 

Evidence from around the place is that those numbers aren't actually useful to identify what's in each box (with people reporting too many differences in the codes even from the same factory)

Well I would guess that are basically the same numbers we already had on the old CMF bags - which are based on their production (date? line? no idea really). So while they might work to find the same Minifigure from the same box, it won´t work to really identify them throughout thousands of boxes. There will just be to many different numbers for each Minifigure.

I find this almost..... too easy

Why would they go through all the trouble changing to boxes  just to give it away like this? 

Edited by Robert8

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I find this almost..... too easy

Why would they go through all the trouble changing to boxes  just to give it away like this? 

Because card is much easier to recycle than the foil packs, and likely to hold up better than paper bags.

Considering it's the 25th anniversary of Lego Star Wars next year, could the Space CMF be a code name for it since they usually have 1 unlicensed CMF and the 2 others are licensed every year it could be possible since the ''Space'' CMF releases in May and you know what happens in May ? (May the 4th)

1 hour ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Considering it's the 25th anniversary of Lego Star Wars next year, could the Space CMF be a code name for it since they usually have 1 unlicensed CMF and the 2 others are licensed every year it could be possible since the ''Space'' CMF releases in May and you know what happens in May ? (May the 4th)

Umm, i don’t know… is there a rule that Lego an’t make Star Wares minifigures for CMF only? Plus, we have so so so many minifigures from Star Wars theme already. Do you want Darth Vader? We have minfigure! Do you want Obi-Wan - both young and old verisions? Yup, we have them! Do you want General Grieveous? Done that. It’s kinda not making sense to me. 

And no, it’ nsot always two licensed seires every year - we have TWO non-licensed series last year. 

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

It seems possible, but on the flip side, code names are also a total crapshoot.  For example, I believe Mario was "Leaf" (which I guess is kind of maybe related to Mario since there's a Leaf power up, but I feel like it's not really that associated with the brand in the way that a name like "Mushroom" or "Shell" would've been).  Same with the May thing, it would make sense, but the Disney 100 CMF was also a May release, so I'm not sure if that necessarily indicates anything.

I do remember some folks in the Star Wars thread discussing the licensing issue before, and a user that had shared leaks in the past said something about the fact that LEGO was able to sell the Obi-Wan 20th anniversary minifigure polybag (after the promo had expired) seemed to point to the fact that there was no longer an exclusivity contract with Hasbro or something, but as far as I know they were not hinting at anything.  This was also like two years ago, so it may have been just an offhand remark, since I highly doubt they would've known about this CMF series that far in advance, if it was Star Wars.

Personally, I'd love a SW series, but I'm also really disappointed in the boxes.  I haven't really bought many CMFs in the last few years, there just weren't many that caught my eye as one that I HAD to have.  I grabbed a couple of the Disney 100 ones since I really, really wanted an Oswald and there were some other fun characters in there, but I'll be a lot more discouraged going forward if I can't feel for the figure that I want.

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

I do remember some folks in the Star Wars thread discussing the licensing issue before, and a user that had shared leaks in the past said something about the fact that LEGO was able to sell the Obi-Wan 20th anniversary minifigure polybag (after the promo had expired) seemed to point to the fact that there was no longer an exclusivity contract with Hasbro or something

That Obi Wan came with a buildable stand though - and stands are the favorite workaround of all the manufacturers when it comes to that licensing issue. (Several other Star Wars minifigure promos have also come with buildable stands, presumably for this same reason)

And it is still an issue that would probably prevent a Star Wars series. Just look at all the Star Wars offerings from Funko. Every other license has its share of freestanding figurines - except Star Wars. ALL the Star Wars Funkos have a base of some sort - even if it’s super plain. Even the Star Wars Funko Sodas have little bases on them, and nothing else from that line bothers with any sort of base. All that is happening currently, so it doesn’t seem like the Hasbro contract has changed at all. 

So yeah, pretty sure a Star Wars cmf is still well out reach unfortunately. 

I heard “so-called” rumor about Ninjago CMF Series. It’s form just2good’s IG account. He said “people are no ready for drop” or something like that. 

I assume it’s just a fan-made project?

Correction: just2good is “she”, not “he”. 

19 hours ago, Lion King said:

“people are no ready for drop” or something like that.

I think that was a hint towards her latest video :classic: At least I hope so, a year with three unlicensed CMF series would be a horrible decision in my eyes.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think that was a hint towards her latest video :classic: At least I hope so, a year with three unlicensed CMF series would be a horrible decision in my eyes.

If that’s true, then it will be sweet for me. But thee unlicensed CMF series in 2024? Something not right unless Lego has run out of ideas for other licensed series. 

What do we make of this? I am thinking Fortnite, but these are not existing skins (that I can find, at least), and I am curious about why all of the characters have the same silver oval belt buckles. 🤔

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

What do we make of this? I am thinking Fortnite, but these are not existing skins (that I can find, at least), and I am curious about why all of the characters have the same silver oval belt buckles. 🤔

I heard strange speculation that those flesh tones showing up in non-licensed CMF series. To be honest, it’s hard for em to beleive.  So i feel there has to be a new theme?