r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

On 2/26/2020 at 2:20 PM, gedren_y said:

No Marvel for the very same reason. We live in hope that Disney ends this someday.

That ain't quite true, as they are getting the licenses, I heard.

Just now, Itaria No Shintaku said:

For what?

Marvel individual figures?

That must mean... Marvel CMFs are on their way

Looks like the new licensed series is going to be for a new Mario theme. I wonder if it will stick strictly to the Mario games or if it will pull from the entire Smash Bros. Universe. 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Looks like the new licensed series is going to be for a new Mario theme. I wonder if it will stick strictly to the Mario games or if it will pull from the entire Smash Bros. Universe. 

At that price I don't it can't be a Mario CMF series

These are $5 now....

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

At that price I don't it can't be a Mario CMF series

These are $5 now....

Maybe they bumped the price back down? Or maybe there’s an entirely different kind of blind bag coming with the theme - the Dots bags are still $3.99 after all. 

I don't think a Super Mario CMF series is all that likely. For starters, a lot of Mario characters and enemies just wouldn't really be suited to standard figs. Characters like Donkey Kong and Bowser, for instance, would make more sense as "bigfigs" of some sort, while many enemies like Boos and Goombas aren't even remotely humanoid in the first place.

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I don't think a Super Mario CMF series is all that likely. For starters, a lot of Mario characters and enemies just wouldn't really be suited to standard figs. Characters like Donkey Kong and Bowser, for instance, would make more sense as "bigfigs" of some sort, while many enemies like Boos and Goombas aren't even remotely humanoid in the first place.

I´d go as far to say Bowser and Donkey Kong make only sense as bigfigs. On the other hand... It wouldn´t be the first time lego releases barely recognisable ugly minifigure versions of licence characters *insert picture of Barney from the flintsones set or Dschini from Disney series1*

55 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I think it will be Marvel, but still have my wits.

*oh2*

Well, Marvel was a best seller last year, so a Marvel CMF wave wouldn't be surprising

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Maybe they bumped the price back down? Or maybe there’s an entirely different kind of blind bag coming with the theme - the Dots bags are still $3.99 after all. 

I'd think something like a Blind Bag they do with DOTS (random printed tiles) or previously Nexo Knights (printed shield-tiles), with random assorted coins/power ups (Stars/Flower/Mushroom etc) could work as a non-CMF blindbag for Mario. 

Basicly the majority would be some sort of coin(tiles) with the rest being random powerups of some sort, either moulded or printed.

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:
5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Well, Marvel was a best seller last year, so a Marvel CMF wave wouldn't be surprising

I'd really hope not, as the DC Series was pointlessly redundant enough already, but if it's Itaria saying so... :def_shrug: 

Well I imagine the Marvel series would have the main characters from the MCU because no one knows a thing about Marvel comics out of the MCU (expect for Spiderman's characters and XMen that is)

I wouldnt be surprised if this actually turns out to be a MCU CMF series, wich would mean Marvel characters but with leg printing 

8 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Oh???

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

For what?

Marvel individual figures?

That must mean... Marvel CMFs are on their way

Could it be?

5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

omg..omg...omg...

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

*oh2*

Yessss

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

Well I imagine the Marvel series would have the main characters from the MCU because no one knows a thing about Marvel comics out of the MCU (expect for Spiderman's characters and XMen that is)

I wouldnt be surprised if this actually turns out to be a MCU CMF series, wich would mean Marvel characters but with leg printing 

OMFG YES PLEASE!!!!!

This would be exciting for me.  As much as I enjoy my collection of umpteen-hundred batman variants, MARVEL holds most of my favorites. 

...It's not like I expect to see any Image Comics minifigs.

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Well, if there's gonna be such insistence to have a Marvel CMS, then an MCU-themed one would be a little more worthwhile, as there are many characters and character variants whose in-film contexts might be harder to translate into a sellable playset. Comic-based variants, on the other hand, are just too easy to shoehorn into a contrived playset, hence why the DC Series felt mostly pointless to me.

I would be all for a Marvel CMF IF they had some X-Men characters thrown into the mix. If it's all MCU then I might not care for it as much ... but would still get at least one full set. I'd still prefer DC CMF Series 2, however :D

If this is going to be a MCU series, consider some of the Netflix Marvel characters are crossing over to the movies. There are a number of AoS characters that would need a CMF mold budget to be made. A Hive fig would be awesome.

27 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

I would be all for a Marvel CMF IF they had some X-Men characters thrown into the mix. If it's all MCU then I might not care for it as much ... but would still get at least one full set. I'd still prefer DC CMF Series 2, however :D

I mean, I’d be well up for an entirely X-men series... 

Just now, williejm said:

I mean, I’d be well up for an entirely X-men series... 

Abso-friggin-lutely!  I have a mixed series of X-men and would love to legitimize all the characters (no off-brand pieces)

I'd say XMen are not likely becuase they are in a weird place now. The Fox movies just finished and the Disney ones will come in a few years.

Maybe the comic book versions, but I'd imagine Disney would put any XMen related merch on hold for now

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That's a very odd thing to say, what are you basing it on?