r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

On 11/23/2019 at 2:25 PM, Gorilla94 said:

They are just selling them reduced without profit to get customers into their store and earn their living with sponaneous purchases. A few from shops outside the town already stopped ordering them. I can still buy all the serieses back to Batman Movie one reduced in stores. At the moment Lego still gets the money from shops even if they can´t sell them. The company will notice this not until stores stop ordering them.

I think the problem there is the number of licensed CMF sets, especially Super Heroes, that do not sell well in Europe and especially in Germany (compared to other LEGO sets).

On 11/23/2019 at 2:37 PM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

And no, perhaps your informations are very misleading, but there is absolutely no customs between Italy and Austria or between Austria an Germany as they are all european countries. So I would be able to fill my car with italian minifigures and come back to Germany without any question.

That should be EU countries, rather than European. :-) It matters for us! We'll still be European, but not in the EU, soon (or in 2 or 10 years, however long it takes to sort it out).

7 hours ago, MAB said:

That should be EU countries, rather than European. :-) It matters for us! We'll still be European, but not in the EU, soon (or in 2 or 10 years, however long it takes to sort it out).

When it will happen, if it happens, you won't be even UK any more

On 10/17/2019 at 9:16 AM, Robert8 said:

How come everytime TLG updates the CMF website it becomes more and more confusing?

https://www.lego.com/en-us/kids/minifigures

LOL! I read that and clicked on the link to see what you were on about. Made me instant laugh out loud! So confusingly laid out.

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

When it will happen, if it happens, you won't be even UK any more

Not sure what you mean by that but it's not really topical.

15 hours ago, MAB said:

I think the problem there is the number of licensed CMF sets, especially Super Heroes, that do not sell well in Europe and especially in Germany (compared to other LEGO sets).

Well, for that matter, what is selling better in Germany and elsewhere around Europe? :shrug_confused:

Do you think TLG might release different CMFs line- ups for USA and Europe at some point? They kind of already did it with Team GB and DFB 

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Do you think TLG might release different CMFs line- ups for USA and Europe at some point? They kind of already did it with Team GB and DFB 

Huh, what about regionally exclusive CMF line-ups for China? :shrug_confused:

15 hours ago, Robert8 said:

15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The main appeal for me personally is that they’d be Abel to make designs that they wouldn’t otherwise be able to make, which is cool. But otherwise I’d still be bummed, and feel bad for those outside the US if it were regional for here.

17 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

The main appeal for me personally is that they’d be Abel to make designs that they wouldn’t otherwise be able to make, which is cool. But otherwise I’d still be bummed, and feel bad for those outside the US if it were regional for here.

That is, unless they start handling regionally exclusive CMS from here on out in the same manner as they have with 2019's and 2020's Chinese New Year sets, with international availability coming some time after their domestic releases. :shrug_oh_well:

On 11/25/2019 at 8:44 PM, leafan said:

Not sure what you mean by that but it's not really topical.

I was referring to Nicola Sturgeon. But I agree that's not topical, I was just following the out-of-topic discussion :)

On 11/25/2019 at 8:41 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

On 11/25/2019 at 8:36 PM, Robert8 said:

Possibly, but I was under the impression that the backlash over the Chinese New Year sets had put a stop to regional exclusivity.

8 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Possibly, but I was under the impression that the backlash over the Chinese New Year sets had put a stop to regional exclusivity.

Yes, though in the case of the Chinese New Year sets, they're still designed in mind for the Asian Pacific market, as 2020's sets are only to be released worldwide two weeks after they hit shelves in Asia...

The Brick Fan - LEGO Officially Announces Two New Chinese New Year 2020 Sets

The two new LEGO® Chinese Traditional Festival models will be ready to discover in China and Asia Pacific markets from December 26, 2019 and the rest of the world from January 10, 2020.

Yeah but they created that rule, which means they can backpedal whenever they want if it tuns out to be a more profitable alternative

On 11/26/2019 at 2:36 AM, Robert8 said:

I can sort of understand it for sports teams, although even some of those have global appeal.

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah but they created that rule, which means they can backpedal whenever they want if it tuns out to be a more profitable alternative

Which is something I'd like to see happen more often, as it'd be a good way to test the waters on concepts and ideas they'd be more fickle about. :classic:

I think it will be very interesting to see where this theme goes after Series 20

It doesn't suprise me to hear the Superhero CMFs dont sell well on Europe but that's exactly what we are getting next January. which does surprise me. So, they are releasing a series that they already know won't sell well there, especially having such oscure characters.

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I think it will be very interesting to see where this theme goes after Series 20

It doesn't suprise me to hear the Superhero CMFs dont sell well on Europe but that's exactly what we are getting next January. which does surprise me. So, they are releasing a series that they already know won't sell well there, especially having such oscure characters.

Heh, what if Lego started releasing six CMS a year, three various licensed Series a year for US retail and three non-licensed Series a year for European retail, with all six only being made available through Lego's online shop? :sarcasm: *

* Well, maybe... 

20 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I have yet to see CMF in a store at all.

I rarely see regular Polybags, but I still see a lot of €10-€20 sets in many stores that aren't purely Toy focused.

Magazines are sold in many supermarkets and bookstores as well.

Multiple dedicated toy store brands went bankrupt in recent years or had to close a number of stores or change store name.

Online sales work great for regular LEGO sets, but for something "random" like CMF, it doesn't. (talking about main market, not secondary/bricklink markets)

It's not all going so negative with LEGO stores, as they just opened 2 official ones (Utrecht/Amsterdam), but I personally would mostly go there for other features like build-a-minifigure/pick-a-brick etc.

Edited by TeriXeri

A shame in my view that a valuable CMF slot has been taken by DC. There doesn't appear to be much new or any figures that you wouldn't expect to appear in a regular set.

Roll on summer...

Just now, lifeinplastic said:

A shame in my view that a valuable CMF slot has been taken by DC. There doesn't appear to be much new or any figures that you wouldn't expect to appear in a regular set.

Roll on summer...

Same.

Great for those who like the characters, but there is nothing for me these. Maybe Huntress and Aquaman for the hairpieces but I wont buy minifigures just for 1 piece.

Other than that... hmmm this might be one of the worst CMF waves. Hard to say. Batman Movie 2 was quite terrible as well. 

33 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

Roll on summer...

I get that.  But not everyone CMF will appeal to everyone.  The same feeling you have about the DC set, I had for both Simpsons and Harry Potter sets.  Not my cup of tea, but oh well.  Just saves me some money until the next set appears.

If you think about it tho, there's been two other DC series, with The LEGO Batman CMF Series 1 and Series 2, so it's not like this is a first.  Just not tied to a LEGO movie property this time.

Lego managed to put in a fish surprise so it turns out there is one piece I want from this series. On the other hand that is the 4th time they put a uniquely coloured fish in the CMF so it makes it impossible to collect a big shoal of them with out spending a fortune :hmpf:

8 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

For the most part, absolutely agreed, though that might not be true of Jay Garrick Flash and First Appearance Batman & Wonder Woman, as they're definitely the most "dated" variants of the bunch and therefore the least likely to have otherwise appeared in a playset. Rebirth Superman on the other hand... :ugh:

lego-dc-minifigures-serie-2020-71026-0001.jpg

A VERY easy pass for me. Says it all the only mild interest concerns two accessories...the fluoro-green/Hidden Side fish and amber/trans-orange claw.

And at 4.99, I’m glad about that :laugh:

On 12/3/2019 at 9:48 AM, Lucarex said:

A VERY easy pass for me.

Seconded. I have never seen such an underwhelming series before. :look:

I won't buy anything. Even if it was cheaper than the impertinent 5€.  :damn:

I haven’t been following the DC series thread, can someone please remind me what the 2 pieces next to each of the figures is for? Thanks.