Bonaparte

EB 2011 Windsor Event: Program and information

We all stay in the same hotel (address see first post) and we'll leave each day from there. The presentation on Friday will be in the hotel also. I guess that after breakfast we will try to leave the hotel in group. I estimate that will be around 9h-9h30 each day. If you send me a PM I can give you my mobile number so you could SMS me if you like to know where we are on a certain moment.

Ah, thanks. I won't be staying in the same hotel as everyone else so that'll be helpful.

Any more details about the possible visit to the LEGO call center on Friday afternoon yet ? I'd be interested to know what there is to see. I'll try and get the afternoon off work to join with you guys for the trip if possible.

D.

Hi!

It´s confirmed for friday forenoon, a.k.a the morning. As for the content, that´s still in the works :wink: .

Hi!

It´s confirmed for friday forenoon, a.k.a the morning. As for the content, that´s still in the works :wink: .

Great Mike, I'm glad our visit to the LEGO call center is now confirmed!

So, what is happening on Wednesday with the us lot who are there? I am going to be there by about 10am what with my train. Taxi from the station (1 mile) Who else will be there before noon? Is there any sort of idea, or should I just de-camp to a pub :grin:

So, what is happening on Wednesday with the us lot who are there? I am going to be there by about 10am what with my train. Taxi from the station (1 mile) Who else will be there before noon? Is there any sort of idea, or should I just de-camp to a pub :grin:

I'm going to London on Wednesday with my travel companions (CGH, Pally and his brother) where we'll visit some stuff by a strict schedule. CGH and Pally are working this out based on one of our Skype calls. You can join if you're ok with the places we'll visit (some museums and some monuments, I don't remember by heart what we were going to visit and in which order but CGH and Pally know the details).

Hi!

Thanks, CopMike. I assume you guys will post details on exactly where and when to meet prior to the event, so I'll keep checking back here.

D.

I'm going to London on Wednesday with my travel companions (CGH, Pally and his brother) where we'll visit some stuff by a strict schedule. CGH and Pally are working this out based on one of our Skype calls. You can join if you're ok with the places we'll visit (some museums and some monuments, I don't remember by heart what we were going to visit and in which order but CGH and Pally know the details).

Cool, just glad I won't be twiddling my thumbs in the hotel bar after I arrive :laugh: (I mean, my last holiday where I was unable to meet others for a while, I just dumped my stuff and headed for the beach!) Once I get a confirm on how late I might stay on Sunday I can buy my tickets.

Thanks, CopMike. I assume you guys will post details on exactly where and when to meet prior to the event, so I'll keep checking back here.

D.

Probably more details will come. But maybe easiest is we meet in the hotel in the morning (which is pretty close to the call center IMO) and we go to the call center together. Let's see if Copmike can give an indicative time when we are expected at the call center, but meeting in the hotel at around 8u30 should be very safe in any case. I could provide you my mobile should you have trouble finding us.

Hi... I live about 5 miles away from Windsor (in Staines) and have some spare free entry voucher's for Lego Windsor (Tesco's are giving them out at the moment) if anyone cares to pm me, I can arrange for them to be given to you.

.. and Bonaparte if you can pm your contact number as well I might be able to meet up for part of this... let me know...

... also if anyone is travelling into the UK for this and needs any help or guidance in anything I am more than happy to help... if people need any tips on where to go or what to visit I can give lots of ideas, I'm very familiar with Windsor & London and have helped many groups with tours etc. in the past, and visit lots of museum's, restaurant's etc here all the time so can give pointers on where to go....

I'm still planning to accompany you. My plane arrives at 9:25 a.m. in Gatwick as you might have already noticed.

Depending on Sir Norman Ray and the plan he had for this day :classic:, I can either join you in Windsor or London City.

Wohoo - we're getting closer!

Hi!

I was wondering if there is somebody coming from Belgium who is planning to go to the event by car and who would be interested to share the ride and split the costs (either for the 3 days or just for 2)

Please PM me if interested!

We all stay in the same hotel (address see first post) and we'll leave each day from there. The presentation on Friday will be in the hotel also. I guess that after breakfast we will try to leave the hotel in group. I estimate that will be around 9h-9h30 each day. If you send me a PM I can give you my mobile number so you could SMS me if you like to know where we are on a certain moment.

I'll be driving down Thursday morning but won't be staying overnight - would it be best for me to come to the hotel and continue on with the group from there? Might be best for a meet and greet before heading to the park?

.. and Bonaparte if you can pm your contact number as well I might be able to meet up for part of this... let me know...

Mobile number provided :thumbup:

I'm still planning to accompany you. My plane arrives at 9:25 a.m. in Gatwick as you might have already noticed.

Depending on Sir Norman Ray and the plan he had for this day :classic:, I can either join you in Windsor or London City.

Wohoo - we're getting closer!

You have my number (or that of CGH), so we can get in touch once you are there to share our whereabouts. Yup, it's getting pretty close now :sweet:

Hi!

I was wondering if there is somebody coming from Belgium who is planning to go to the event by car and who would be interested to share the ride and split the costs (either for the 3 days or just for 2)

Please PM me if interested!

I'd be great if you could still make it. It should still be possible. The ferry (we're going from Dunkerque to Dover) is very cheap. We paid 100 Euro for 4 person and car (http://www.norfolkline.com/ferry/). And as it's a big hotel I'm pretty sure there are still rooms. If you want you can give the booking agency a call and have them check.

I'll be driving down Thursday morning but won't be staying overnight - would it be best for me to come to the hotel and continue on with the group from there? Might be best for a meet and greet before heading to the park?

It's probably easiest if you drop by the hotel and hook up with the rest of us before going to the park. I case you don't find us, you can sms me to see where we are. I just noticed the park opens only at 10am so I guess we'll stay in the hotel till roughly 9am30.

Well, on the 1st I'm not really planning much beyond getting to the hotel and dumping my stuff.

So I'll gladly join you in the the big city for a tour of my Capital.

-Sir Norman "I can understand cockney!" Ray.

I'm all booked up, my tickets are all sorted. I will arrive late in the morning (close to lunch likely) Anyone else going to be at Sunningdale station at 11:43am? We can split the taxi cost or what-have you (or could a lovely driver fetch me :wub: ) Heh, PM me if you need a mobi number.

I'm all booked up, my tickets are all sorted. I will arrive late in the morning (close to lunch likely) Anyone else going to be at Sunningdale station at 11:43am? We can split the taxi cost or what-have you (or could a lovely driver fetch me :wub: ) Heh, PM me if you need a mobi number.

Well, I COULD pick you up, but I have no idea what traffic is going to be like after gettin the docotr of holograms. I'm pretty much riding rush hour traffic all the way from Essex on the M25.

-Sir Norman "I really am gonna need petrol money for this..." Ray.

Actually - I don't know if this is the right place - since there are London tours planned, is anybody around in the big city on Thursday? My other half has to work and I am planning to see an exhibition in the V&A - apart from that I'm free for a meetup and touristy stuff!

Edited by Miss Kyle

Well, I COULD pick you up, but I have no idea what traffic is going to be like after gettin the docotr of holograms. I'm pretty much riding rush hour traffic all the way from Essex on the M25.

-Sir Norman "I really am gonna need petrol money for this..." Ray.

Oh, it's fine. I was mostly just checking if anyone was going to be at the station near/same time as me, seeing as it is the nearest to the hotel (well, by google maps calculations anyway) and splitting a taxi fair is better than both arriving within half an hour of each other at the hotel from the same station.

However, I would prefer to go into the city with company than to strike out on my own, if only to allieviate the boredom of a journey alone.

Not many days left now! :sweet:

I'll arrive a day later then most of the rest, on Thursday evening. I haven't found out how to get from the airport to the hotel yet but I'm sure that will work out.

Looking forward to meet you all, both old and new friends! :thumbup:

I have a plan for Wednesday now. The British Library (A bibliophile's dream!) and it's Science Fiction Exhibition. I'm not sure if anyone else is interested, but as soon as I get into London from the hotel, me and my oyster card are heading for Kings Cross tube station and the Library.

Just mentioning it no one has to come with me, and I will be perfectly happy to meet-up later and browse the exhibition alone.

I'm also around on Wednesday, and I need to pop into town next week anyway (I'm about 40-45mins out from the centre by tube). I'd be glad to join for coffee or other plans.

For the sake of everyone's sanity, I recommend browsing the Transport For London website, as it has info on engineering works and planned closures (for instance the lack of Northern Line at Tottenham Court Road for the foreseeable future). It should be updated daily, and it's rare for there to be absolutely no problems with the tube, plus there's info on there about Oyster cards (as mentioned by Peppermint) as they might save a bit of money.

Once again, mobile number available on request.

I've been adding some more details about the program to the first post of this thread.

And I found out that a new attraction, Atlantis Submarine Voyage, opens for the first time on the 20th May 2011 in LEGOLand Windsor :thumbup:

I have a plan for Wednesday now. The British Library (A bibliophile's dream!) and it's Science Fiction Exhibition. I'm not sure if anyone else is interested, but as soon as I get into London from the hotel, me and my oyster card are heading for Kings Cross tube station and the Library.

Just mentioning it no one has to come with me, and I will be perfectly happy to meet-up later and browse the exhibition alone.

Oh wow!!! This will definitely fill my gap between V&A and Guildhall! I'd love to go with you, but Thursday will be my London day - I only arrive on Wednesday evening. Can't wait to discuss it with you though :) Thanks for mentioning it!

Hi,

I'm from Brazil but I'm in the UK on business.

Unfortunately, I can't join you on Thursday or Friday (have to work :cry_sad:) but I'd like to visit the LEGOLAND on Saturday with the group. How can I meet you guys in the park?

Cheers,

Ildefonso.

Are we all planning to get Q-Bots on Thursday? I'm not sure how busy the park will be being a school day but they do save a lot of time instead of queueing for the rides. What do you think?