The Forest Mafia: Conclusion

Here's a hint, though:

Scum:

069.jpg

Town:

056.jpg

Original Arsonist:

067.jpg

Correct, sorry. I will get to that tomorrow when I write critiques. To update the first post I have to go into the board software and increase the number of pictures allowed in a single post. :blush:

I hate more waiting! :sing:

You should have reserved two posts. Or just use Poo's post. :grin:

Critique time! :grin:

The Winners

cameron.jpg

Cameron Crocodile - Carpenter

played by Rufus

Mason Role: 2nd Head monk, Inventor

-I hardly have to say it. The town couldn't have won without you. You came close to death a couple of times and almost lost your mind in real life, but your dedication to solving the puzzle of it all was an enormous part of the town's victory in this game. I'm glad you didn't lose focus or freak out...too much...after the temple had been infiltrated. I was ready to kill you when you started to vote for CorneliusMurdock. I was, literally, quite insulted. I was afraid for CorneliusMurdock because there was the possibility that you would think he had caused the death of The Baker and his wife. In reality, he was the one mason you could trust 100%. The game was setup to wait a couple of days to warn you of temple infiltration, but to start the cycle of warnings on the day it was infiltrated. The frog even said "A clue is a clue not a giveaway," meaning the host is not going to make it that simple for you that the person you recruited the night before The Baker and his wife are killed would be the scum infiltrator! :hmpf: I could've reached through the computer and strangled you. Luckily for you, The Foog was on your side. Glad you were able to see what was going on and reverse the decision. You were the clear town leader in this after Def and Draggy were killed and you did a helluva job leading those who trusted you to a successful ending. And you solved some amazing puzzles! Although, there's a reason there's a panda in the last shot of the village. :wink: But honestly, getting the head monk action was a huge move for you. You continued to coordinate well after both times Dragonator was killed off. Dragonator is a great leader and it's hard to keep a side together after his loss. You did more than a fine job at it.

edgar.jpg

Edgar Elephant - Fisherman

played by WhiteFang

Mason Role: Firefighter

Yet another survival for Fangy! Great work. This is the most I've seen you put into a game in a while and it paid off. Way to talk your way out of a conviction on the first day. That was really strange the village turned on you like that. You were the first recruit into the masons and for some reason they got suspicious of you right away, so I'm not sure how much you were allowed to be involved after that. One thing I would watch is making sure you completely understand something before posting. I apologize for losing my patience with you a couple times. It can be frustrating when your Fanglish vs. English phenomenon kicks in, especially for me as a host. There were some things I tried to be open ended about that you stuck too very solidly one way and some things you took the exact opposite meaning of what I was trying to tell you. This is bound to happen and you take time to clarify it and have a lot of patience which is helpful. Overall, great game.

gilbert.jpg

Gilbert Goat - Schoolteacher

played by Fugazi

Mason Role: Treacherous lover paranoid bodyguard, Vigilante (tile) killer

- It's The Foog! Dude, if we went to college together, I would totally be your drinking buddy. People would ask "What'd you do last night?" And I'd say, "I hung out with The Foog!" And they'd say, "Oh no, The Foog! That's trouble." And I'd say "The Foog!" And they'd say "Foooooog!" And I'd say "Foooooog!" And it would just go on like that for too long. How the megabluck did you survive this game? I make this messed-up role, Treacherous Lover Paranoid Bodyguard, that should just be a pawn killed off by day five. You're in love with the godfather so you protect her every night, unwittingly blocking every action that targets her. You also kill yourself if she dies, unless you vote for her. It doesn't take long to see that you should vote for her and you convince the town leader that you're not scum yourself. And you do it all so quietly, the rest of the village doesn't even have a chance to suspect you. You write a play, which is good, but I could kill you for putting Trent Rezner and Lady Gaga in the same room. :angry: I hate that Gaga thing. I admire her creativity and work ethic, but learn what music is, freak. Anyway, back to The Fooooooooog!!!! You guess the riddle that gets you the wand. And nobody knows you have because you log in as invisible. Way to guard against the metagamers! You beat Rufus by, honestly, a matter of seconds and Rufus sees the only other player online is def. They think def is lying about having the wand and that's probably another thing that gets him killed. But for some reason, you never use the wand! I'm watching Arjay explain to the scum that Rufus said you tried to kill Scouts but the wand didn't work and I keep checking your role PM to see if I misread it. I kept thinking "What is he doing with that wand? :laugh: " It was confounding. I understand you thought 50/50 chance of working correctly meant it would kill you instead. That's a little disconcerting because you were obviously really concerned with getting on that survivor's list. I wish we all thought our team winning was more important, but we can't all have it my way. :tongue: But then, the kicker is you pulled the town leader aside in the end and slapped him around. "Hey megablock," you said, "If CorneliusMurdock is the brown frog then why did Cara know about the Masons on day eight?" You saved the town. You saved the town from Rufus freaking out. :laugh: But you saved the town and you saved me from having to create one extra day of pictures which would've had to have been delayed for dehydration issues. You are the unsung hero of the town this game, my friend. Go Foooooog!!

marcus.jpg

Marcus Monkey - Apple Seller

played by Inconspicuous

Role: Bomb

- You're the bomb! Why why why will we never see one go off? I think that's a good way to protect a player from being killed off in EB mafia: make them the bomb. We're destined not to see one detonate, in-game. :cry_sad: Oh well, I'm glad you won this one after playing Werewolf so well only to lose in the end. You played a quiet game, but clearly a smart one. It's easy to just give up without a night action, but you made your vote count and obviously made the right friends behind the scenes. Congratulations on surviving.

portia.jpg

Portia Poodle - General Store Operator

played by Cornelius Murdock

Mason

- You had to have had the equivalent of Rufus's whole game anxiety in one game day. Here's how it went, "Congratulations, you're a Mason and now we're going to kill you." You really did a great job at rallying who you needed to and finding the pieces and evidence that could prove to Rufus that he was making a mistake. It's nice to see someone dedicated to the game that cares enough to try and turn it around. That took a lot of work and energy and I appreciate seeing that. It's so easy to say, "Oh well, I'm dead..." than to work your megablocks off to stay alive. Way to fight for it. Well deserved win.

wendell_dead.jpg

Wendell Walrus - Librarian - The Village - gave his own life on Night 2.

played by Stash2Sixx

Win condition: use night action Role: One shot suicidal reviver

- You didn't get to play much and I think you were hampered by real life responsibilities but your timing couldn't have been more perfect. People expect you to be "more proactive" according to your previous game play, so suspicion was growing around you quick. If you hadn't revived Dragonator, you would've simply been killed by Walter Kovacs and not won this one. So, everything you had to do, you did right!

The Deceased Villagers

bristol_dead.jpg

Bristol Bunny - Seamstress - The Village - convicted on Day 2.

played by Bob the Construction Man

- Um, Not too much to say because you were killed off quickly for a stupid ( :tongue: ) reason. Sorry we lost you so soon.

brigit_dead.jpg

Brigit Bunny - Florist - The Village - murdered on Night 2.

played by Sandy

Role: Bodyguard

- Hey, you were making the right friends and were on your way to a good game. You were too much of a threat to the scum and they knew you had targeted WhiteFang. Somebody told Zepher you were one of the people def saw targeting Fangy on night 1 when people were trying to figure out what the 3 people who targeted WhiteFang were doing. Just so you know, you were killed because you were a threat, not because you were protecting def. They came after you, not him.

lazlo_dead.jpg

Lazlo Lion - Butcher - The Village - died mysteriously on Day 4.

played by TinyPiesRUs

Role: Role-blocker

- The most valuable player with only one survival under his belt. You always have a night action and you're always killed prematurely. Like I said when you died, I think it's all pent up animosity over Witch Hunt. You may never survive another game. I hope you keep playing anyway. You're a good player. You talked your way out of being lynched and were enough of a threat to be taken out quickly by the scum.

benji_dead.jpg

Benji Bulldog - Hat Maker - The Village - murdered on Night 4.

played by Walter Kovacs

Role: Vigilante killer

- As I said earlier, you were an excellent vigilante despite your own view of it. People were suspicious of Stash and he was a good choice for target, even if it wasn't right. You took out Shadows and would've taken out Quarry if it hadn't been for a stupid coin. It says something that the scum removed you, not because they thought you had a night action, but because they sensed that too many people trusted you. You were speaking up in thread and seemed to have trust behind the scenes, so well played. Good for you. :thumbup: Let's see you survive one soon! :sweet:

pennie_dead.jpg

Pennie Pig - Spring Haven Mayor - The Village - murdered on Night 4.

played by Eskallon

Role: Protector

- They thought you were the investigator! Sorry to lose you so quickly. You were protecting the in-crowd...again...so you contacted the right players and they trusted you. You're always underestimated but you know how to play behind the scenes. Too bad the scum knew you had a night action or you would've last longer. You were a good candidate for flying under the radar in this one. Nice work, too short of a game.

kenda_dead.jpg

Kenda Cat - Baker - The Village - murdered on Night 5.

played by I Scream Clone

Role: Tracker

- Yay! I Scream Clone is back. What I like about how you play is that you have a trusted core group behind the scenes but you don't let them decide who you will use your action on. You made some good choices, regardless of the fact that I had to change my expectations compared to what I was reading the Masons thought you would do. Sorry this game ended early for you. The scum got the night action folk quickly. I would've liked to have seen you last longer, especially since it's been a while since I've seen you play. Hope you had fun. You were doing a great job.

helen_dead1.jpghelen_dead.jpg

Helen Hippo - Cook - The Village - murdered on night 2 and convicted on Day 6.

played by def

Role: Watcher

- Oh no! A stressful game for you this time. That was the hardest part of this game was watching you get framed. I knew you were going through a lot and didn't want to see you pushed over the edge. We've had some private conversations about it so I'll leave most of that out. I understand what you were going through. Without knowing that, you seemed like a steam train in this game. You and I had recently had a discussion about how I can sometimes be insulting to newer players during games. :look: Then, I saw you in this game. You insulted all during this game. I know it was due to outside stress but I was very surprised before I realized what was going on. You insulted even your allies. Anyone who disagreed with you got their intelligence insulted. It's a very odd tactic. Again, I know it was all the stress, but from Flitwick on one end to Shadows on the other, the game became your punching bag. I would've preferred you going out quietly in the night, but you had to be framed instead. It made me uneasy. That being said, you handled that situation very well. You took the circumstances very graciously. You threw out some more insults, even kicking Flitwick again, but I digress about all of that... I'm impressed that you stuck out the game through several earthquakes. I wish I would've been more receptive to your requests to step out. I realized after how stressed out you were and how it affected your game. I'm happy you stayed in and I think it showed a great deal of strength on your part. I would've liked to see how your leadership would've been different under different circumstances. It would've been great to see how you make it to the end of the game and see how the lack of stress would've loosened up your game. Looking forward to the next game with you. I really hope we're on the same side.

booker_dead1.jpgbooker_dead.jpg

Booker Bear - Garbage Man - The Village - murdered on Nights 1 & 7.

played by Dragonator

Role: 1st head monk

-Oh Draggy!! Will you never learn? Blabbing about your role in IRC will only get you killed. :tongue: Well, at least you got revived. Too bad the scum killed you too. As always, you led very well in this game. You should've listened to Rick and Rufus that the cycle of clues started when Arjay was recruited, but nobody's perfect. I was glad to get to see you play this one. If you'd have been killed on night one in two games in a row, I think that would've bee pretty boring. Shadows had good reason, but it was good to see you back. You have great organizational and leadership skills. You're always a formidable enemy and that makes you a threat. I like that you were fighting for the team, refusing protection for the better target. It takes risk-takers to forward the cause of the team. Didn't pay off for you and that damn quarter hates you. But, the town couldn't have won this without your leadership.

becka_dead.jpg

Becka Bulldog - Beautician - The Village - murdered on Night 7.

played by Rick

Role: Two shot reviver

- My rock and co-host! I wish you, Rufus and I could go play cards and drink with friends on weekends! I'm so sick of seeing you killed in these games. At least you had a good love story this time. :tongue: You prove again and again what a good player you are. You know how to keep the panicky calm and you even humor me, and I imagine Rufus too, and my need to constantly discuss the game. The scum can't stand you. They took you out because you're "too smart for your own good" and they quickly adjust it to "their own good." You have a good knack for coordinating actions and reading people. You're also a good strategist and keep the game interesting and fun. I hope to see you survive one soon. You deserve it! The town couldn't have won this one without you. You did a great job leading the way towards victory.

mindy_dead.jpg

Mindy Mouse - Accountant - Unknown Affiliation - convicted on Day 8.

played by Professor Flitwick

- Yay Dr. Fuckwit! I'm very impressed that you handled that situation so graciously. It takes a lot to turn the other cheek and it's the smartest way to handle an online attack. I'm glad you were able to give def the benefit of the doubt. He's a great guy who was in a bad and stressful situation and I'm glad you had the wisdom to see it. I thought your theory about def being scum, burning his own house down to revive himself so people trust him was creative and clever. Even far-fetched ideas need to be explored as EB mafia games get more and more complicated. The scum loved your theory anyway. :tongue: I think the insults affected your game a little bit even if you did take them well. I thought the Fuckwit comment was funny so I started putting Mindy looking off in random directions in the pictures. I thought it'd be funny if she was a fuckwit and looked away from the action. I always forget that being funny leads to death. People thought those were clues and that your "odd behavior" in pictures" meant you were scum. So, it's partially my fault you were robbed of another victory, but mostly Arjay's. Best of luck in the future.

horace_dead.jpg

Horace Horse - Blacksmith - The Village - murdered on Night 9.

played by iamded

- I don't know why Arjay wanted you out of there, but he got his wish. I enjoyed your night actions that was my favorites part of the game:

I shan't be forgetting a night action ever again! :devil: Tonight I would like to happily ignore my bag of magic something and dream of basking with the village ladies while they bad-mouth Cameron Crocodile and tell me how much better I am than him. :grin:

Tonight I would like to take my empty bag and fill it with miscellaneous items so it looks like it's full of powder. Then I'd like to hide so any Arsonists can't find me. :tongue:

Ah, almost forgot my night action!

Tonight I would like to cook up a tasty vegan Shepard's pie (I assume Fabulanders don't eat meat), eat it, store the leftovers in my awesome Fabuland fridge, and then go to bed and sleep peacefully. Also, I'd like to stay alive. :tongue:

Tonight I'd like to have some of my tasty pie I cooked last night, then sleep wonderfully knowing that no Arsonist can harm me. :grin:

Tonight I think I'll send in my night action early, seeing as the day's events won't change the fact that I'd like to sleep peacefully and dream happy dreams. :grin:

Your night action fails. You get little sleep due to lots of weird nightmares.

And then you forget anyway: :hmpf::laugh:

Tonight Horace almost forgot to send in his night action, so no dinner for him.

(That's my night action usage - not having dinner.)

Tonight I will make up a huge plate of vegan nachos, and happily consume it while not dwelling on the fact that half of us are all dead... :sweet:

After this you became a drug addict for the rest of the game:

Tonight I would like to gather up some of the tasty looking mushrooms I see in the wonderful pictures you provide us, and cook them up into a tasty meal under the assumption that they are not horribly poisonous like most white spotted red mushrooms. :tongue:

Tonight I would like to gather up some of the tasty looking mushrooms I see in the wonderful pictures you provide us, and cook them up into a tasty meal under the assumption that they are not horribly poisonous like most white spotted red mushrooms. :tongue:

And since Arjay burns you to death:

Your night action is unsuccessful. :sad:

Well, the scum came after you because they wanted to take out a "def supporter." Too bad for them you were a paranoid gun owner. Too bad for the town the freakin' 50/50 protection works and Scouts lives. You did a nice job making them believe you could use the bag again. They figure it out, after a couple of days, that you are the paranoid gun owner, but you successfully stay alive until the very end. That kind of sucked. You were very close and I had a lot of fun with you in this game. Wish you could've made it.

gabby_dead.jpg

Gabby Goat - Dairy Operator - The Village - murdered on Night 9.

played by Ricecracker

- Well, in a game where it was mostly played by PM you didn't send or receive any PMs... so, I guess that sums up your game. If you'd have survived by doing nothing, I suppose that would've been pretty annoying for the likes of def, Draggy & Rick who were working doggedly for town victory. I'd pick on you more if it weren't for the fact that you're focusing on making the Classic-Town place a phenomenal site to visit. I love you for that! :sweet: It looks incredible, so keep up the good work and don't worry about mafia games. :grin:

The Demon Legion

lauren_dead.jpg

Lauren Lamb - Gardener - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 3.

played by Zepher

Role: Roleblocker

- You've been waiting for this, huh? Here's my critique of you. The first note I write is about you. On day one I say "Zepher panics three steps ahead." Meaning you spend so much time foreshadowing what could happen and freaking out about the possibilities that you don't analyze the current situation closely enough. But you play harder than almost anyone. I appreciate the most about your game, that you play for your team to win, never to survive. It seems like you could care less about making that survivors list and that's a great person to have on your team. You remain remarkably calm and can really think like a townie when posting. You deflect suspicion really well, even though you had spread several lies. I felt responsible about your quick conviction since I wrote 24 instead of 48 hours to reach a conviction. Luckily, you had spread too many lies at that point to keep living and it wasn't really my fault. Glad you got a good scum role after thinking you had squandered your Werewolf role. I like watching you play. You're fun and very skilled. :thumbup:

sheldon_dead.jpg

Sheldon Sheepdog - Toy Maker - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 5.

played by Quarryman

Role: Night killer (Obliteration Curse)

- I'd like to see your A game again. I liked that you made an effort this time. You were trying to talk more in thread, you were poking around behind the scenes. It was definitely a different game for you than the last two. For some reason, people still think you're quiet. :hmpf: Meta-gamers. Where I didn't see an A-game was the way you panicked after the tracker saw you targeting Kovacs. It seemed like you took the easy way out and said "The picture screwed me, OK I'll say paranoid wand owner," and it was a weak claim that you didn't give much time to think about. Honestly, I think you're a little too apathetic towards the game. Yes, it's just a game, but some people are playing hard and put a lot into it. I am impressed that your self-evaluation points more blame at yourself than my pictures. It's a change from you bio that always blames somebody else for your losses. I love you as a host and mostly as a player. Honestly, Rufus set his alarm for 5:00 am to answer a riddle. I know you won't do that, but if you'd put in similar efforts in other areas, you have the skill to kick megablocks in these games. Come back, Quarry! :wub:

cara_dead.jpg

Cara Cow - Doctor - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 7.

played by badboytje88

Role: Godfather, Night killer (poisoner)

Wow, this was so interesting to watch you in this role. It was a huge jump for you, and you did good with it. Not great, but good. Plenty of room for improvement. I've made some comments already and haven't heard any responses in the thread, so I hope you're taking the criticism OK. Just remember, it's to help you improve and we all know it's a game. All EB mafia players forgive. We will never forget, though! :tongue: You did a good job roleclaiming to WhiteFang. Telling him about your actual ability to investigate for the arsonist was smart because you could give him verifiable results. Also, that was his role in the first Baritones! The only mistake you made with this was your claims about who you investigated. Why did you say you investigated Draggy? :laugh: That was before they realized the action had been passed on so he would've had to kill himself. Many people have mentioned how you mentioning the masons clued the town into Arjay being the final scum. That's a big oops. Sorry to say so. I will say I think it was due to your vacation. On the scum writeboard you clearly misunderstood everything Arjay had just said. You thought the masons were a third faction that Arjay couldn't be recruited into, which was wrong on both counts. They tried to clarify with you and the next post was a farewell to vacation. You came back from vacation to being lynched and thought you were doing your team a favor by outing the "third faction" but I don't think you ever read the clarifying posts. So, in the future, I recommend staying calm and making sure you understand exactly what's going on before posting. I hope you know you did a good job despite those mistakes, and I hope you know the EB mafia family still loves you. Live and learn!

bruno_dead.jpg

Bruno Bear - Watch Maker - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 9.

played by Scouts

Role: Night killer (Shapeshifter crow with sickle)

- You made it so far again! :laugh: How do you do it with your "do dee do" and :cry_sad: faces?? :laugh: Well, you're skilled at this and you're excited about your team. You were very active which I'm thankful for because it gave me something to do. One piece of advice: When you have Arjay on your team, talk less and listen to him more. :laugh: I have so many notes about "Arjay came up with a great plan...Scouts came in, ignored it and it got changed somehow." Honestly, there were a couple of moves that Arjay suggested that would've been brilliant. You seemed to come onto the writeboard and just blow past his plans and make up one of your own. The other would follow you and Arjay would have to come back in and fix it as best he could. If you guys would've listened to Arjay every time you probably would've won. :tongue: Take that for being unbalanced. You are an excellent player, but in the future try to get your team more cohesive. You had great immediate action plans, but what you lack is an overall strategy. You're close to being scary scum. Great work.

kaley.jpg

Kaley Cat - Mill Operator - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 10

played by Lord Arjay

Role: Ninja Jack-of-all-trades Usurper

- You're my favorite mafia player ever. Nobody else needs to say it anymore, you're good in whatever role you get. This one was a little tailored towards your ilk. Randomly selected, so very scary it went to you-the one who could do the most damage with it. Not much to say. Interested to hear of what you thought of the game mechanics since they hinged so wildly around you. Did it affect your game at all the way your actions weren't fully revealed until they were actually used? Framer, Ninja? One piece of advice I'll frame as a question: do you feel like you lead your team? Because I think this scum team could've used some more solid leadership. I know you have the skill, but I didn't really see you take the initiative to lead and put together a plan for conquest. You were somewhat quiet on the writeboard, maybe it's because you were so busy, but sometimes I even missed you revealing info to your team mates that they definitely missed. Your posts were sometimes run over and your plans were sometimes ignored and you didn't do much to establish yourself as the one to listen to. You got them to go your way most of the time but, I don't know, it wasn't really a case of Arjay leads the scum in a shifty horrifyingly covert operation. Your contact with the town behind the scenes is phenomenal. You can play your game very strong. I think next time I randomly pick you as a scummie, I'm going to purposely add the win condition of you have to have at least two other scum live with you to the end. :laugh: I'd just want to see how your game would change.

Third-party

felix_dead.jpgtree_stump_dead.jpgpetey_dead.jpgbakers_bro_dead.jpgpancho_dead.jpg

Felix Fox - Farmer - Third-party- murdered on Night 3 and convicted on Day 4.

played by Shadows

Role: The Arsonist, later converted to Demon Legion

- God, you suck! Killed five times in one game. :hmpf: Why do you even bother anymore? Were you on your way to a good game or something? Did the resurrection totally megabluck you over? Did you have to keep correcting the host who kept spelling it ressurections yet yelled at everyone else for misspellings and bad grammar? Did everyone you kill come back to life and get you killed? Pfft... Nice excuses. I was excited about you getting this role and what's worse, considering how it turned out, so were you. You were doing well! :cry_sad: I ruined three games in a row for you. Will you ever get to play again? :cry_sad: :devil: :cry_sad: The def/Shadows rivalry is my new favorite. It's funny that it kind of heals our wounds, but I can't help but feel replaced. :sad: Oh well, maybe in the next game I'll be town and you and def will both be godfathers of two scum factions. That'd be awesome...but really obvious now that I've said it. Some day we'll get through a game together again...maybe even as town, though that's highly unlikely.

bruno_dead.jpg

Bruno Bear - Watch Maker - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 9.

played by Scouts

Role: Night killer (Shapeshifter crow with sickle)

- You made it so far again! :laugh: How do you do it with your "do dee do" and :cry_sad: faces?? :laugh: Well, you're skilled at this and you're excited about your team. You were very active which I'm thankful for because it gave me something to do. One piece of advice: When you have Arjay on your team, talk less and listen to him more. :laugh: I have so many notes about "Arjay came up with a great plan...Scouts came in, ignored it and it got changed somehow." Honestly, there were a couple of moves that Arjay suggested that would've been brilliant. You seemed to come onto the writeboard and just blow past his plans and make up one of your own. The other would follow you and Arjay would have to come back in and fix it as best he could. If you guys would've listened to Arjay every time you probably would've won. :tongue: Take that for being unbalanced. You are an excellent player, but in the future try to get your team more cohesive. You had great immediate action plans, but what you lack is an overall strategy. You're close to being scary scum. Great work.

Thank you. To say it simply, I'm too much of a drama queen, so I get away with those "do dee do's" and :cry_sad: faces. :tongue::grin: Apparently it wasn't so convincing this time around... I agree I was overly excited and really should have been more reserved in taking action and planning ahead. I only posted what was from my raw mind, I didn't take too much care to sculpt it. :blush: Though, I did everything without the intention of ignoring Arjay, sorry if that's what happened sometimes :blush: . I was posting what would be the best solution from my point of view, which was rather weak and depended on other's information more. The one problem, though, was that I was so active that I couldn't sit still to wait and plan. It became very nerve-wracking towards the middle of the game as it got quieter and quieter and kept clicking refresh refresh refresh :grin: .

Thanks, again, for the critique and hopefully next time, as scum, I'll be scary scum. I based my past experience in bloodbrick as scum and mostly applied it here, but it didn't work so well. I didn't really learn scumminess all that much from Bloodbricks. So, I believe, since I failed in this game, I have the better opportunity to learn from my mistakes and seeing what works or not :classic: .

I'd love to be town for once, though, you know :grin:

YAY!

Thanks so much Hinck, I read everyone's critiques, and honestly think I learned something, especially from mine of course. I can't wait for you to host again. :wub: Now I just need to be promoted to wished upon college buddy (Rufus, Rick and Foog's level) and my life will be complete. Thanks so much for a fantastic game!

Thanks, Hinck.

I've got to get better at reading signals from people. In the first part of that day when I was just cluelessly happy to have been recruited to the masons, I took Rufus' interrogating messages as just friendly requests for clarifications and thoughts from a fellow monk. I didn't take his keeping us all in separate message threads as a sign that something was up. Or when he told me he thought the writeboard had been infiltrated and not to write on it. I really should have known that not all was right in the temple.

Then the hammer fell. I log in that morning and a message from Fangy pops up telling me how sorry he is. That can't be good. I check the thread and as I'm reading it the lynching vote is cast. Darn time zones. I bombarded Rufus with everything I could think of that pointed to my innocence and kept checking to see if he read the messages I continued to send. I knew if I couldn't convince him before he logged off for good that night, there wouldn't be enough time to reverse the conviction. Luckily he realized the truth and I went on to actually contribute as a Mason.

I think Fangy was pulling for me as well since we had some good conversations throughout the game. And thank God for the Foog. He started talking with me as well during my crisis and pointed out the Badboy mentioning the Masons thing and I added that to my defense.

If you do have any more critiques for me, I'd love to hear them. I know I'm not that great of a player, so it'd be helpful if I want to improve. Which I do.

If you do have any more critiques for me, I'd love to hear them. I know I'm not that great of a player, so it'd be helpful if I want to improve. Which I do.

Well, since this one was so quiet, it's hard to judge. You, like most people, only used the day threads to vote, mostly, especially towards the end. I think Arjay keeps killing you because you're quiet. I guess getting more involved will stop that from happening. If you give people something to judge you on, it's easier to play them, earn their trust or prove yourself. Flying under the radar in game after game won't always work. Eventually, the strategy has to develop further. You lasted nine days in a cut-throat game, so you must've done something right. Unfortunately, I didn't see much game from you so I can't really critique further. The town never suspected you despite Arjay constantly trying to start suspicion around you. Not sure why, but that's a good sign.

edgar.jpg

Edgar Elephant - Fisherman

played by WhiteFang

Mason Role: Firefighter

Yet another survival for Fangy! Great work. This is the most I've seen you put into a game in a while and it paid off. Way to talk your way out of a conviction on the first day. That was really strange the village turned on you like that. You were the first recruit into the masons and for some reason they got suspicious of you right away, so I'm not sure how much you were allowed to be involved after that. One thing I would watch is making sure you completely understand something before posting. I apologize for losing my patience with you a couple times. It can be frustrating when your Fanglish vs. English phenomenon kicks in, especially for me as a host. There were some things I tried to be open ended about that you stuck too very solidly one way and some things you took the exact opposite meaning of what I was trying to tell you. This is bound to happen and you take time to clarify it and have a lot of patience which is helpful. Overall, great game.

Thanks Hinck for taking off your precious time to write this lengthy critique.

For sure, this is one of the few mafia games which I have placed a lot of efforts especially in the private scenes. In the past, I tend to fly under radar and hoping to find trusty allies in the midst of the game and rarely participates actively in both sequence. However, this game change dramatically at the start of Day 1 when I was actually being cast to the fire. I wasn't very happy and determined to fight back. It was an extremely risky move and I can't believe I managed to pull off and because of my reveal of my certain information as the firefighter, people actually believes me one way or another. It was not complete trust but I managed to convinced many leading townies.

More importantly, I do not know why I was not made as a target by the scummie. I thought I will be long dead by now and I really wondered why. Can it be that the scums didn't believe that I was the firefighter at first or simply disregard me as their threat and go straight for others.

When you have so many people interacting with one another in private, we (include the masons) analysis each other claims and that is where we find the loopholes in there. I knew who to trust and hope to trust at first, like beliving in def, Rick, Rufus, Draggy, Murdock, Sandy, Walter, Esky and ISC. Some sneaky scums like badboy and Zepher are trying their best to make me believe in them. I did believe a little at first, but not completely. We lost alot of friends in order to win this cause...

I truly enjoy the games very much. Even though Hinck and I got some misunderstandings along the way, and it was partly because of my misinterpretation and creative imagination which annoyed poor Hinck a little. :blush:

I didn't mean to but the only thing which annoys me the most was actually answering the riddle... :cry_sad:

Managed to get the answer right but asked a stupid question and wasted the chance. Thereafter, I wasn't able to submit my answers on time. Kudos to Rufus for being such an amazing leader. He really woke up at 5am just to make sure he can solve the riddle in time and that answer helps a little to our cause.

There are so much things to look back in this game and I rely alot of gut feeling and hunches to deduce this game.

For example in the masonic network, I had never cooperate with Arjay before but I know he is an elite player and I find it very surprising that he was interacting little or none among us in the writeboard or even PMs to me. I don't know what Arjay has been up to but to me, he is the kind of "leading" person to me and I think his analysis should be there somehow or another. It was just a strong feeling that I could not explain but merely told Rufus on how I felt in private.

We had a lot of paranoid experience in the masonic network and that caused quite alot of mistrust. At one stage in time, I was so worried that I can't even trust a single soul. :cry_sad:

Ultimately, things turns out well. There are so many interesting stuff happening behind the scenes, especially when you are trying to figure out their roles/night actions of others.

I hope to play more of such games and hopefully it will be less intenstive in the minds. Perhaps this is an all star game and we tend to be very wary with one another!

:wub: Now I just need to be promoted to wished upon college buddy (Rufus, Rick and Foog's level) and my life will be complete.

Are you of legal drinking age? :look:

and it was partly because of my misinterpretation and creative imagination which annoyed poor Hinck a little. :blush:

And poor Fangy had to put up with my impatient fit. :blush: Sorry, buddy. :wub: Love you!

Are you of legal drinking age? :look:

....shhhhh....

I can almost buy cigarettes? :blush:

Hey Hinck (and others)

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it. I appreciate the chance you gave me in this game. I wouldn't consider myself to be the all-starriest of all-stars :laugh: when it comes to mafiagames. So I was happy I was even chosen to participate in this game. When I received my character info I nearly shat in my pants. Godfather! I was expecting to be a vanilla townie, or maybe have a small night action. I never expected to be the big bad boss. And I have to tell you it's been one hell of a lesson for me. Every game I learn something new. This game thought me to:

- Over think everything. I didn't over think the list I gave to WhiteFang. While other players clearly pay attention to every possible detail.

- Remain calm! When I get confronted in these games I tend to freak out. I didn't understand the full meaning of the masons and indeed thought I was doing my team a favor. I thought it would confuse people beyond measure... I'm sorry for that my scummy friends.

- Don't go on vacation. I never thought this game would last so long. No let me rephrase that I never thought my presence in this game would last so long. I thought I'd be dead before I would go on vacation. Turns out that wasn't true. I do think that I might have made a small chance if I hadn't gone away...

- Use Mafiawiki. This is the first game in which I used mafia wiki and I believe it improved my game play so I'll keep using it during all future games. That is if I still get chosen to play in any future game :tongue:

Edited by badboytje88

Thanks Hinck! :wub: It was very informative reading everyone's critiques. (What? I was supposed to read only mine? :look::tongue:) It has to be said again, this was a great game and I really did have fun with it. I wish I'd played on the lady-killer part of my character more, I think that would have been rather entertaining. :grin:

If there's one critique I have for you, it's that you misquoted my final night action! :cry_sad: I tried my best to parody your day opening, but I don't think I pulled it off very well... :tongue: Ah well. I look forward to the next game you host Hinck! :thumbup:

becka_dead.jpg

Becka Bulldog - Beautician - The Village - murdered on Night 7.

played by Rick

Role: Two shot reviver

- My rock and co-host! I wish you, Rufus and I could go play cards and drink with friends on weekends! I'm so sick of seeing you killed in these games. At least you had a good love story this time. :tongue: You prove again and again what a good player you are. You know how to keep the panicky calm and you even humor me, and I imagine Rufus too, and my need to constantly discuss the game. The scum can't stand you. They took you out because you're "too smart for your own good" and they quickly adjust it to "their own good." You have a good knack for coordinating actions and reading people. You're also a good strategist and keep the game interesting and fun. I hope to see you survive one soon. You deserve it! The town couldn't have won this one without you. You did a great job leading the way towards victory.

Thanks Hinck. The thing I hate most about being killed is that I have to stop talking about the game. The 15 page PM with Rufus got quiet, so I decided to expand our PM a bit. :blush: You seemed like you needed someone to talk to at that time. :grin: I'm looking forward to The Forest 2, in due time...

To say it simply, I'm too much of a drama queen, so I get away with those "do dee do's" and :cry_sad: faces. :tongue::grin:

I deleted the :cry_sad: from my own posts a couple of times before hitting 'Add Reply'. I keep seeing it as a scum-tell.

Now I just need to be promoted to wished upon college buddy (Rufus, Rick and Foog's level) and my life will be complete.

Only if you let me rant about Eurodina a little more. :laugh:

For sure, this is one of the few mafia games which I have placed a lot of efforts especially in the private scenes. In the past, I tend to fly under radar and hoping to find trusty allies in the midst of the game and rarely participates actively in both sequence. However, this game change dramatically at the start of Day 1 when I was actually being cast to the fire. I wasn't very happy and determined to fight back. It was an extremely risky move and I can't believe I managed to pull off and because of my reveal of my certain information as the firefighter, people actually believes me one way or another. It was not complete trust but I managed to convinced many leading townies.

At least the accusation against you on day 1 made sure you actually played this time. You got a too easy win in Werewolf. :devil: I am surprised the scum kept you alive all the way 'til the end though.

Hinck, Draggy and I were both performing another monk's night action when we were killed. The actions both survived though. Would the monks loose, for example, the arson protect if Fangy would be killed though?

- Over think everything. I didn't over think the list I gave to WhiteFang. While other players clearly pay attention to every possible detail.

Your claimed targets aren't really 'details'. :grin: Everything gets scrutinized.

- Don't go on vacation. I never thought this game would last so long. No let me rephrase that I never thought my presence in this game would last so long. I thought I'd be dead before I would go on vacation. Turns out that wasn't true. I do think that I might have made a small chance if I hadn't gone away...

We really felt bad for starting the vote against you when you just said you went away for the weekend and you'd only be back hours before the day would close. But the evidence was stacking up so high against you we couldn't let it wait.

- Use Mafiawiki. This is the first game in which I used mafia wiki and I believe it improved my game play so I'll keep using it during all future games. That is if I still get chosen to play in any future game :tongue:

You only now realize that's essential? :tongue:

I'm a little surprised, the stuff that would be addressed with me wasn't what was addressed.. No big deal :wink:

My tantrums will be something I'll have to live down for at least an EB year. And a respectable mafia game also will be needed. But I'll be sitting out the next one for sure.

But, the thing I'm happy about was not rolling over and playing dead after I was framed. I really had a 'megabluck it' attitude when those results came in, and was about to say 'whatever'. Then I thought about what a dick move that would have been, rolling over and playing dead. In thread, and to Rufus, Rick, and WF in PM, I pointed out to them that they were convicting a hard townie and freeing up scum to mess with them more the next day. As someone being railroaded to conviction, I doubt I could have done any more to show my towniness. For me, that was the best thing I did in this game; not just give up when things were set in stone.

Draggy, your PM was pretty comic, after I was blocked:

Me: I didn't get any results.

Draggy: Wrong answer.

Next time, I'll try not to be blocked and framed :laugh:

I deleted the :cry_sad: from my own posts a couple of times before hitting 'Add Reply'. I keep seeing it as a scum-tell.

That's what I get when I've played mostly scum. I don't have a good sense of what is the right emotions...I try my best...

The emoticons are a great tool to convey your emotions/false emotions. I guess their overuse has made them relatively useless.

The emoticons are a great tool to convey your emotions/false emotions. I guess their overuse has made them relatively useless.

I learned my lesson the hard way when Rufus killed me for thinking I was 'Gary Coleman'/the investigator, because I used :hmpf: as a commentary on Hinck picking that nickname for flitwick in Werewolf.

Thanks for the great game, Hinckley. The game was so immersive and fun to follow, what with your excellent photography, storyline and roles.

I'm always a little too conservative in my playing style. As you said, usually I have a night action, so I usually just try to keep a low profile. I don't take enough risks, and tend to keep my head down and go with the flow until everything closes in around me and I'm forced to do something.

Unfortunately I got called out for all of this early on and was forced to reveal my role, and from that point on, I was screwed. I'm glad I managed to help the town out a little before I died though.

Here's my role:

lazlo.jpg

Tiny Pies R Us - Lazlo Lion – Village - Roleblocker

In this game of wits and strategy you are playing the character of Lazlo Lion, the Spring Haven Butcher. People are a little skittish around you since you butcher animals for a living. You are a carnivore, after all, so people are already a bit tense. As such, you keep to yourself, but are prone to outbursts. Despite your awkward social status, you love the village of Spring Haven and would do anything to protect the citizens from the evil that is threatening it.

You have been given the magical power of Petrification. The Baker and his wife have given you a bag of magical powder. You may sprinkle this powder on one citizen per night. The powder petrifies them, effectively stopping them from performing any night action.

ROAR! I liked Lazlo.

Also, are we going to get to see the survivors' All-Star tributes?

Thank you so much Hinckley for taking the time and write such detailed reviews of our play! A host's work is never done, even when the Mafia is over!

I do regret not using the wand. For a big chunk of the game I felt like I was giving away information without getting anything back, so I guess I started playing for myself. I will try to be a better person in the future! :blush:

One other regret is not having pushed harder to save Flitwick. From his PMs, I had the feeling that he wasn't scum. And he was also the first person Badboytje cast suspicion on in our private conversation, back on Day 1. I shared this info, but I should have trusted my instincts more and bring it up in the thread. But this was the day after the Kevin Costner mess, so I guess I was just happy not to be the one to be lynched.

Rufus' investigation was so ill-timed from where I stood! Dragonator was the only one I trusted back then, I could have talked with him and he would have told me that Rufus was on our side and I wouldn't have had to come up with that lame play! But Draggy was busy being kidnapped so I only had myself to talk to! :cry_sad: Had Rufus not been so open minded and rational, I was history!

I should also add that I owe one to Cornelius. Right from the start on Day 1, he was the one messaging me and explaining what WhiteFang was hinting at in the thread but I was too thick to understand. He made me take back my vote by being pro-active, well done! No wonder he fought so hard for his own life!

Oh, and Gaga was supposed to be the traitor in my story, if it makes you feel a little better! :wink:

mindy_dead.jpg

Mindy Mouse - Accountant - Unknown Affiliation - convicted on Day 8.

played by Professor Flitwick

- Yay Dr. Fuckwit! I'm very impressed that you handled that situation so graciously. It takes a lot to turn the other cheek and it's the smartest way to handle an online attack. I'm glad you were able to give def the benefit of the doubt. He's a great guy who was in a bad and stressful situation and I'm glad you had the wisdom to see it. I thought your theory about def being scum, burning his own house down to revive himself so people trust him was creative and clever. Even far-fetched ideas need to be explored as EB mafia games get more and more complicated. The scum loved your theory anyway. :tongue: I think the insults affected your game a little bit even if you did take them well. I thought the Fuckwit comment was funny so I started putting Mindy looking off in random directions in the pictures. I thought it'd be funny if she was a fuckwit and looked away from the action. I always forget that being funny leads to death. People thought those were clues and that your "odd behavior" in pictures" meant you were scum. So, it's partially my fault you were robbed of another victory, but mostly Arjay's. Best of luck in the future.

:blush: Thanks Hink, such compliments go a long way. :classic::thumbup:

So thats why Mindy kept staring at the gallows. Here was me thinking I was playing as a Psychic Mouse who could foretell what day she would be hanging from the gallows. :laugh:

One other regret is not having pushed harder to save Flitwick. From his PMs, I had the feeling that he wasn't scum. And he was also the first person Badboytje cast suspicion on in our private conversation, back on Day 1. I shared this info, but I should have trusted my instincts more and bring it up in the thread. But this was the day after the Kevin Costner mess, so I guess I was just happy not to be the one to be lynched.

You're lucky I don't bare grudges Fugazi... :devil:

Even if my investigation saved you're hide in Werewolf Mafia. :hmpf_bad::tongue:

I was ready to kill you when you started to vote for CorneliusMurdock. I was, literally, quite insulted. I was afraid for CorneliusMurdock because there was the possibility that you would think he had caused the death of The Baker and his wife. In reality, he was the one mason you could trust 100%. The game was setup to wait a couple of days to warn you of temple infiltration, but to start the cycle of warnings on the day it was infiltrated. The frog even said "A clue is a clue not a giveaway," meaning the host is not going to make it that simple for you that the person you recruited the night before The Baker and his wife are killed would be the scum infiltrator! :hmpf: I could've reached through the computer and strangled you. Luckily for you, The Foog was on your side. Glad you were able to see what was going on and reverse the decision.

Thanks so much for taking the time to feed back to us, Hinck. I'm sorry I insulted you, however unintentionally. :cry_sad: I really was not thinking straight that day, and it didn't take much for Arjay to push me further in the wrong direction. I actually thought the frog was saying not to take the pictures of the true masons falling over too literally.

And you solved some amazing puzzles! Although, there's a reason there's a panda in the last shot of the village. :wink:

:wink::wub:

You are the unsung hero of the town this game, my friend. Go Foooooog!!

Hear, hear! I couldn't agree more. Go Fooooooooooooooog!

From my PM conversation with The Foog, in the midst of discussion:

Anyway, it's 1.30 am, shouldn't we both be asleep? :laugh:

- My rock and co-host! I wish you, Rufus and I could go play cards and drink with friends on weekends!

Yay! :wub:

Gabby Goat - Dairy Operator - The Village - murdered on Night 9.

played by Ricecracker

- Well, in a game where it was mostly played by PM you didn't send or receive any PMs... so, I guess that sums up your game. If you'd have survived by doing nothing, I suppose that would've been pretty annoying for the likes of def, Draggy & Rick who were working doggedly for town victory.

Everybody was suspicious of you, Ricey. But, right when we were worried about people not getting behind us to vote out batboy, up pops Ricey! You made some great voting decisions, and that's what kept you alive so long.

Managed to get the answer right but asked a stupid question and wasted the chance. Thereafter, I wasn't able to submit my answers on time. Kudos to Rufus for being such an amazing leader. He really woke up at 5am just to make sure he can solve the riddle in time and that answer helps a little to our cause.

Actually, I didn't get that one - I think that was the one The Foog got 10 seconds before me. What was he doing up at 5am too? :laugh:

Thanks Hinck. The thing I hate most about being killed is that I have to stop talking about the game. The 15 page PM with Rufus got quiet, so I decided to expand our PM a bit. :blush:

Our 'Fire Fighting Fangy' PM thread has over 300 replies! I so missed you after you got killed :cry_sad:

My PM experience: (804 total)

Fire Fighting Fangy - Rick - 305

Forest Fire - WhiteFang - 124

Stallion - iamded - 33

Forest Mafia - CorneliusMurdock - 55

The Forest - Fugazi - 60

Furry Temple - Fugazi, CM, WF - 5

Monkey Magic - Inconspicuous - 4

Welcome to the Masons! - Lord Arjay - 31

Masonic Temple - Hinckley, WF, Dragonator, Rick, Arjay, Cornelius, Fugazi - 14

Masons' Revenge - WF, Arjay - 14

The Frog Question - Draggy, WF, Rick, Arjay - 47

Arson Investigator - badboytje88 - 1

Badly burned bear - def - 30

Demons and Such - Draggy - 18

Night Results - def, Draggy - 31

Photographic Differences - Scouts - 11

Townsfolk Chat - I Scream Clone - 21

In addition to this were the Masons' writeboard, and the Character Info thread with Hinck.

At some points I had 9 or 10 browser windows open, with a different conversation in every one. When I started a conversation, I tried to give it a memorable title, to avoid 'Ooops! Wrong conversation!' gaffes; if they were all 'Forst Mafia' or 'The Forest' I'd have been in trouble!

Personally, I hate writeboards. I find them disconnected from the game, and it seems difficult to get a sensible discussion going in them: people don't seem to read them properly. Part of that is the problem with time zones, but also they seem to interfere with good teamwork - it's difficult to explain why. After Draggy was kidnapped I made an effort to keep discussions within separate PMs, which worked much better. Then there's the paranoia - you can't tell who's reading a writeboard, so if you're worried about infiltration, you have to abandon the board even if you think you've dealt with the infiltrator. They're essential for scum, but even then I don't like them.

You're lucky I don't bare grudges Fugazi... :devil:

Even if my investigation saved you're hide in Werewolf Mafia. :hmpf_bad::tongue:

I know, I know, I should have tried harder! But my credibility was low and your voting pattern was rubbish! :blush: And you were also doomed because it was a janitor day and the scum didn't have to walk on tiptoes. At least you didn't get my vote!

Anyway, it's 1.30 am, shouldn't we both be asleep? :laugh:

:laugh: Yeah, so that we can get up before 5 in the morning? :wink:

What was he doing up at 5am too? :laugh:

I wanted that stupid wand! :devil: And it was all for nothing... except some leverage to be included the trusted circle.

I know, I know, I should have tried harder! But my credibility was low and your voting pattern was rubbish! :blush: And you were also doomed because it was a janitor day and the scum didn't have to walk on tiptoes. At least you didn't get my vote!

Actually, defending Flit wouldn't have been a good move - Arjay's 'excuse' for going after Flit was that it would tell us a lot about your affiliation, after you'd defended him in PM. I'd have been a lot more suspicious of you if you had, and I might then have disregarded what you said about Cornelius. And then we might all have died. I'll stop being melodramatic now.

:laugh: Yeah, so that we can get up before 5 in the morning? :wink:

I got that puzzle in a few minutes, but you still beat me to it. Then Panda, who usually gets up at 5am, came downstairs... and got it straight away. But that time it was too late. :wink:

Hinck, Draggy and I were both performing another monk's night action when we were killed. The actions both survived though. Would the monks loose, for example, the arson protect if Fangy would be killed though?

The actions stayed with the temple. Once someone was recruited their night actions became the Temple's and wouldn't be lost unless there weren't enough monks in the temple to carry them. So if you had four night actions and the temple went down to three monks, you would've had to drop one. Most of the game, the masons only had the firefighter and the inventor.

Which reminds me of Arjay's smart move that Zepher and I thought was stupid at first. When badboy died Arjay could keep the poison or the watcher action and he chose the watcher action. Why did the scum always use fire and not poison?? megablocks, I had to keep buildings houses to be burnt down and putting in special fire effects in photoshop. :hmpf: Well, they thought it was funny that the townies were confused about the arsonist and they thought the fires were pissing you guys off. What they weren't considering was the only protection the town had was the firefighter. There was no poison fighter. :hpmf: And I told them that the poison worked as a night kill, which they didn't pick up on. Even though the death happened during the day, any informative night action would've failed. Anyway, Arjay kept the watcher action to find out what Fangy was doing. He wanted to see if what the masons had told him was true to see if they trusted him or not.

Also, are we going to get to see the survivors' All-Star tributes?

Aha! Yes, thanks for asking. I will add them to the first post (like I updated the cast list yesterday) and I hope I can get to that tonight. I love reading the bios! :wub: I will also get all of the riddles up, who answered them, how long it took and what the frog said or gave them. :thumbup:

Thanks so much for taking the time to feed back to us, Hinck. I'm sorry I insulted you, however unintentionally. :cry_sad: I really was not thinking straight that day, and it didn't take much for Arjay to push me further in the wrong direction. I actually thought the frog was saying not to take the pictures of the true masons falling over too literally.

Oh, so you did catch the true masons falling over. :blush: The scum was a little irritated with me over that. No, that's not what the frog meant. :angry: Anyway, the clue started by accident. You megablocking fell over like you did every time. WhiteFang's legs were really sturdy but that elephant head can pull him down if it's posed wrong. So I just knocked Portia down too so there would be some more chaos. Then I realized it was the real masons and thought, eh, well they deserve a clue. There were never meant to be clues in the pictures, only because I knew people would expect that from me. :tongue: Then I threw in the two others only because it was Baker-kill day and the town really needed a fighting chance. They were up against invincible Arjay! :look:

Hear, hear! I couldn't agree more. Go Fooooooooooooooog!

I just walk around my house going "Fooooog!" sometimes, it's fun.

Everybody was suspicious of you, Ricey. But, right when we were worried about people not getting behind us to vote out batboy, up pops Ricey! You made some great voting decisions, and that's what kept you alive so long.

Well, that's good to hear. Good for you, Ricey! See, there's something you definitely did right. I need to learn to watch voting patterns. I don't play that way yet. I always mean to, but I get distracted by the other aspects. Voting...pffft. :sceptic: Does it really mean anything? :laugh::blush:

At some points I had 9 or 10 browser windows open, with a different conversation in every one. When I started a conversation, I tried to give it a memorable title, to avoid 'Ooops! Wrong conversation!' gaffes; if they were all 'Forst Mafia' or 'The Forest' I'd have been in trouble!

That's smart considering how I warned Sandy that he had confessed to me he was a neutral killer in Bloodbrick. He replied "I guess that means I'm dead." And I told him no, but then we killed him. I did that a couple of other times in Werewolf and then eventually pretended to...or planned to pretend to. I don't remember.

Personally, I hate writeboards. I find them disconnected from the game, and it seems difficult to get a sensible discussion going in them: people don't seem to read them properly. Part of that is the problem with time zones, but also they seem to interfere with good teamwork - it's difficult to explain why. After Draggy was kidnapped I made an effort to keep discussions within separate PMs, which worked much better. Then there's the paranoia - you can't tell who's reading a writeboard, so if you're worried about infiltration, you have to abandon the board even if you think you've dealt with the infiltrator. They're essential for scum, but even then I don't like them.

Yeah, I noticed that people don't seem to read the writeboard correctly. I can't imagine that being laziness. I think it's the boring colors. But people do miss things...like that masons aren't a third faction. :tongue: Hell, it took the scum a day to realize Arjay had told them The Sandman had framed def!

- You're my favorite mafia player ever.

:wub:

Interested to hear of what you thought of the game mechanics since they hinged so wildly around you. Did it affect your game at all the way your actions weren't fully revealed until they were actually used? Framer, Ninja?

I'm not entirely sure. Learning that the sandman action also framed people wouldn't have changed much, as Sandy and def were good choices regardless. If I'd known that I could also hijack peoples abilities aswell as kidnapping them then I probably wouldn't have felt so strongly about kidnapping Rick - which was one of the times where I was trying to persuade my team to listen to me - and would have settled on Eskallon. So in that case, not knowing the extent of my night action turned out to be more helpful. As for being a ninja... well, I considered making use of Kaley's job by claiming miller on day one - so if I was investigated and wasn't found guilty... :blush: I might have tried to be more pushy during the day had I known, but the result would probably have been pretty much the same.

You got them to go your way most of the time but, I don't know, it wasn't really a case of Arjay leads the scum in a shifty horrifyingly covert operation.

I think that's a fair point. It's true that as a team we weren't very organized, beyond agreeing about our plan for the night we were never working towards a goal as a group. During the earlier stages of the game I was busy, which definitely interfered with my play. My posting on the writeboard was extremely sporadic and I wasn't nearly as active as I wanted to be. So I settled for being the back seat driver, occasionally chiming in to influence which direction we went in... which didn't work, as there wasn't really a driver in the first place. That's something for me to keep in mind for next time, thanks! :sweet:

This was so frustrating for me. I thought Ricey would be an easy target, to buy Scouts some more time before he was accused. And then Ricey had to ruin it all by voting badboy and gaining enough trust to become a lower priority. Ugh. :sad::tongue: