DLuders

RoscoPC's Lego Technic Racecar Stable

Just to give you an idea, you can check this comparison: personally I'm quite satisfied with the final result... :blush:

I am quite happy you posted this. That is absolutely INCREDIBLE!!

I can not believe just how close you are to being in perfect scale.

I can't wait to build it!

So how long till the fw14b is available ?

Any idea how much these things cost in terms of brick linked parts?

I can only speak from my experience in terms of costing - given that I'm in Australia things like exchange rates and shipping make it a very expensive hobby :)

So far I've built the Lotus 79 and the Tyrell P34 (by far may two favourite F1 cars from that era!), here are the approximate costs without shipping:

Lotus 79: ~270 Euros (keep in mind here that I was new to Bricklink and probably could have optimised the orders with some more planning)

Tyrell P34: ~220 Euros

There are a few hard-to-get pieces/colors that I substituted to get the same results. Overall I'm really happy with how they turned out and I have to say that the work that RoscoPC put into designing these F1 models is amazing!

Thanks for your feedback okiba75: you've built the first two model I made almost 7 years ago, so hopefully the most recent ones should be even better :laugh:

In terms of cost, I can confirm that the average (for new parts) is about 250-300€, plus 120-150€ for the PF components on the two RC models.

And yes, there are some parts which price is rising in the latest months... but I can't believe that my cars are driving BL prices :blush:

PS: for those who have built some of my models and are interested in printing the stickers, just write me a PM or a mail :wink:

So how long till the fw14b is available ?

Blakbird is quite busy right now, so the building instructions will be available only later this year... :blush:

my favs are the dark green Lotus 43 and the new Williams... really awesome!

one question to the lotus: some of the dark green parts are really hard to get... what would be your estimation: what would be a replacement color of dark green which would looking well too and which would quite easy to collect at bricklink?

one question to the lotus: some of the dark green parts are really hard to get... what would be your estimation: what would be a replacement color of dark green which would looking well too and which would quite easy to collect at bricklink?

Frankly speaking, when I was designing my models I was only focused on the final result, and only marginally on the cost optimisation: it was just my own problem...

This approach has changed a bit since the building instructions are available, but I cannot change the car liveries and I know that dark blue is a mess. :tongue:

30414.gif the Dark Green Brick, Modified 1 x 4 with 4 Studs on 1 Side is one of the most difficult part to find: if you use a black one instead would be difficult to catch the difference on the built model, but "I know" that you can see it through the groove of a tile or a cheese slope :wink:

30159.gif the Magnet Holder Plate 2 x 2 Bottom was a cheap part when I bought it: now is a piece of gold and I feel guilty :cry_sad: you can choose a used part of any color, since it's hidden inside the nose...

Feel free to optimize the part list and to find the best balance in term of cost that lets you fully enjoy the final model :sweet:

“Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time” - Voltaire

I'm now starting to gather parts for the McLaren MP4 - this Lego F1 building is an addiction :)

I may have also just purchased a Unimog to act as a "recovery truck" hehe

I've been looking at the steering setup for the Tyrell P34 and realised that in the current instructions a custom part is used for the front pair of wheels... which I don't have :blush:

To get around this I constructed a quick workaround which uses standard parts and still allows the steering to work as designed:

LfpX6o4.jpg

Closer view:

xGLUx4u.jpg

To get around this I constructed a quick workaround which uses standard parts and still allows the steering to work as designed:

xGLUx4u.jpg

Nice solution: I was looking for something like this since longtime, cause I hate that custom part I've used many years ago...

I think with few modifications on the front chassis it could be possible to use the same concept with a straight 180° connector, but in both cases the max steering angle will be slightly limited.

:thumbup:

Yes I think with a 1x5 link it would be possible, I'm going to experiment with some different designs to see what works.

Thanks again for the great designs RoscoPC!

Are you going to make the design for the williams available, for sale?

Yes, but as I said before "Blakbird is quite busy right now, so the building instructions will be available only later this year... :blush: "

Awesome! I just finished building the McLaren MP4 so I think I'll have to add the Williams to the set :)

Well there are some pretty expensive parts in this lot :) Particularly the 4x8 plate in dark blue and the 1x8 technic brick... I'm going to run some numbers tonight to see how many extra parts I'd need to complete this one!

mclarenm23_01.jpg

:wub:

Luca has finished his new beauty: http://rebrickable.c...oPC/mclaren-m23!

Formula One car designed by Gordon Coppuck, with input from John Barnard.

Introduced in 1973 and developed till the 1977.

James Hunt won the World Championship in the epic season 1976 with this version (shown in Ron Howard film Rush).

This model has full working suspensions, steering wheels, V8 engine, rear stabilizer bar.

Instructions available on mocplans.com, per usual.

Edited by jantjeuh

Got all the required parts now... Will save this for Xmas vacation... :classic:

Another great MOC by Rosco... DON'T STOP creating MOCs Rosco!!! :classic:

Williams FW14B

Williams_FW14_B.jpg

McLaren M23

Mc_Laren_M23.jpg

Just finish building Williams FW14B and McLaren M23 and it's a thing of beauty. Rosco tried to connect brick in weird possible way to make it rigid and buildable. I was very impressed with the finish model. These can be at the top 5 or Rosco's MOC even beating the famous Lotus 43. What might be the next model that Rosco will create ... hmmm... :classic:

DSC_0160.jpg

Now my wall of fave needs another space for the 2 beauty...

DSC_0161.jpg