Rate the set  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Souns like a great set, Cant wait to get my own set some time in the future! I didnt see the instructions to motorize it in the instructions, or did I just miss them? Anyone tried motorizing it yet?

Souns like a great set, Cant wait to get my own set some time in the future! I didnt see the instructions to motorize it in the instructions, or did I just miss them?

It's in the instructions, book 2.

Thanks for such a great review, KimT!

One question though, is the train compatible with the PF Lights? I can't quite make it out from the pictures.

I also posted this question already, but haven't found an answer yet. I think that you can only add PF lights when you install them just in front of the drivers-cabin. You could maybe change the red brick with the holes and put other bricks in there and then re-design the headlights a bit...i think i will try this..maybe it is even possible to put one of the two PF-light in the front, and the other one in the back...

Anyone tried this already??

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I also posted this question already, but haven't found an answer yet. I think that you can only add PF lights when you install them just in front of the drivers-cabin. You could maybe change the red brick with the holes and put other bricks in there and then re-design the headlights a bit...i think i will try this..maybe it is even possible to put one of the two PF-light in the front, and the other one in the back...

Anyone tried this already??

Greetz, LegoSjaak

2011-04-11%2015.21.28.jpg2011-04-11%2015.21.54.jpg2011-04-11%2015.29.45.jpg

Hope this helps, had to modify it slightly to make it fit. Sadly the engine is not really designed to take the leds themselves, but there is more than enough space to hide all the PF stuff.

Also, fitted with two PF motors, the 10219 has a lot of pulling power:

. Edited by ZueriHB

Wow this looks great, thanks for the review! How have I not noticed this set before? ^_^

Thank you very much for this great review, KimT! :classic:

This is really an amazing Train set! :wub: :wub:

Nevertheless I give it "only" an Above Average:

Cons:

-nearly no accessory (esp. cargo stuff to put inside the containers)

-completely overpriced (100 Euros would have been ok, but 120 is definately 20 Euros too much)

Pros:

-absolutely authentic

-new minifig torso

-three containers (and not only two)

-absolutely lovely looking yard tractor and refridgerator container (which are the two parts of the set I like the most)

I really hope that TLG will offer us a cargo center next year in order to that we have a place where all these containers can be kept, un- and loaded.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I really hope that TLG will offer us a cargo center next year in order to that we have a place where all these containers can be kept, un- and loaded.

Klaus-Dieter

They already have one this year (the cargo train comes with a crane to lift containers from the train to a truck). The Maersk train car, containers, and truck look really good with the crane from the cargo train set.

Wow the PF Lights was a problem for me but I managed to get them working and have the original deco lights stay as is.

I will post it later if anyone would like? :sweet:

Do post, more options and more people tackling the problem will end up in a great solution.

Building instructions

http://cache.lego.co...ons/4632677.pdf

http://cache.lego.co...ons/4632672.pdf

And my first guess for the LXF file for the wagons was pretty accurate...

http://www.roamingst...0219-Wagons.lxf

And is that a new modified tile piece I see on page 14

The instructions are even more beautiful than the model!!!...

Thanks a lot for the link to instructions!

With the set being so expensive (130e in Finland, as usual the most expensive of EU), I wasn't really planning to buy it... otherwise I know I'll never have the heart to dismantle it to build something else.

But I was indeed planning to build at least the locomotive, in alternative colours, since I don't have the BNSF either and their design is very cool.

2011-04-11%2015.21.28.jpg2011-04-11%2015.21.54.jpg2011-04-11%2015.29.45.jpg

Hope this helps, had to modify it slightly to make it fit. Sadly the engine is not really designed to take the leds themselves, but there is more than enough space to hide all the PF stuff.

Also, fitted with two PF motors, the 10219 has a lot of pulling power:

Thanx ZueriHB, this inspires me to redesign this part and see to get the lights working.....!!

Wow the PF Lights was a problem for me but I managed to get them working and have the original deco lights stay as is.

I'd like to see that.

Do post, more options and more people tackling the problem will end up in a great solution.

Absolutely!

Bravo to the review and (after finally completing the build myself) BRAVO to TLG!

I agree, the train is magnificent. The only thing keeping it from perfect is the lack of a factory-planned headlight addition (although the MOD in this thread is great; I'll eventually be doing something similar).

The build took me significantly longer than expected. The locomotive is larger than I anticipated (even after seeing comparison pictures with the BNSF). The trailer is fantastic in its own right.

Better still (and at long last) BRAVO to the PF system for trains! As a die hard 9V fan, my experience with PF implementation on the Emerald Night left me less than thrilled. 10219 is my first experience with the new 88002 motor. I must say that, when coupled to the 8878 rechargeable battery, it is an impressive and capable system! Keep in mind, I don't do train shows where stock will be running for hours on end. However, the Maersk Train is a heavy unit (even more so when hoisting a battery) and the new motor has no problems with the load WHATSOEVER.

I still have not used the AAA battery box; I have that around mostly for longevity (as all rechargeables eventually die, and my LEGOs are heirlooms for future family).

I still favor my 9V systems overall, but in my (newly changed) opinion PF works, and works well. Well done on the 10219, and well done on the new 88002 motor!

I may have to take another look at 7938 & 7939….

Thanks for the review. I'm not a train fan, but it does look great. The containers are also nice.

That blue is really great though. :classic:

Is this train for sale in Singapore?

Special review!!!!!

Buy 1 set of this, 4 container car and 10 grey and white container!!!!:tongue:

Its excellent set... love it!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by chrk82

Hey guys,

I'm wanting to buy a few of these set from the US & have my friend who lives near a LEGO store send them to Australia. I need to find out how many are in a master carton (I'm guessing between 2 - 4) and the dimensions & weight of the master carton.

My friend knows nothing about LEGO, so want to make it as simple as putting a postage sticker on a box and taking it to the Post Office, plus I want to know what I'm up for postage wise. If anyone knows the answers to this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Experience soo far with my 2 built sets of this wonderful train: runs fine on track, but 1 PF motor cannot pull two locomotives and 4 waggons with ease (full of containers), thus one PF motor per locomotive is needed. In comparison with my MOC norwegian train EL17 with 2 PF motors the 2 locomotives can pull about the same load.

With regards to the comments that there are not many Maersk blue pieces, I disagree. It is possible to swop many of the pieces that aren't seen from the outside, e.g. from the boggies, the mid section under the train as well as inside the body of the train. I have also changed the gray parts in the boggies to black, as this is more pleasing to the eye.

My vote is outstanding, given the fact that this train along with Santa Fe anf BNSF is the closest TLC has gotten to resemble trains from real life in my opinion.

Experience soo far with my 2 built sets of this wonderful train: runs fine on track, but 1 PF motor cannot pull two locomotives and 4 wagons with ease (full of containers),

The wheels on the locomotive have a lot of friction, it should work better if you replace them by regular train wheels.

Just a little question...

me and my friend buy the10219,i build my,and there is no problem,my friend call me and show me one little error of the LEGO company:

instead of 2 part #4589489(i'm sorry,i don't know the name in english)

and 4 part #4589495(that is the mgnetic connector)

he find 6 of #4589489 so,it's a limited editions??no...it's only a mistake i think.

Somebody else have find this,or it's only beacause he buy the first box?

instead of 2 part #4589489(i'm sorry,i don't know the name in english)

and 4 part #4589495(that is the mgnetic connector)

he find 6 of #4589489 so,it's a limited editions??no...it's only a mistake i think.

Is that the magnetic coupler with the plow? Finding 6 is a bit unusual, sounds like a little mix up at the factory.