Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

I don't think achris had time to snap any pictures, nor would he probably have been allowed to.

That's correct, it would be more than my job's worth in more ways than one. You should start to hear offical word next month with the next big Licensing event taking place on the 28th Sep I think, although of course someone may leak something before hand. The only 2011 licenses that have been offically confirmed are Cars 2 and Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2. :jollyroger:

Edited by achris

That's correct, it would be more than my job's worth in more ways than one. You should start to hear offical word next month with the next big Licensing event taking place on the 28th Sep I think, although of course someone may leak something before hand. The only 2011 licenses that have been offically confirmed are Cars 2 and Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2. :jollyroger:

Isn't POTC confirmed as well? (Sorry for noobish question)

Isn't POTC confirmed as well? (Sorry for noobish question)

We dont know that yet, we will see it then when the new POTC movie will come on cinemas. POTC line should released then. LEGO company has promised at pirates will be back someday, but when? Thats the question.

Captain Becker

Hello everybody! :pir-classic:

I had the big luck to get a look into the retailer's catalogue for the first half of 2011.

But I can't remember having seen any PotC sets there.

Two explanations:

1. I might have overread them.

2. The sets firstly will come out in the second half of 2011.

Klaus-Dieter

That doesn't surprise m at all. If we do get this theme, it will tie in with the movie in summer. Thanks for letting us know though.

Pirates of the Carribean would be good for Lego if done right; Would be very interesting. I might actually buy a few if they really do get made.

Thanks for the info, Klaus.

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

Didn't we hear that the first 3 films will be in January then the 4th film sets will come out in May? If this is true and Klaus Dieter has seen the catalogue with no lego pirates then I am starting to get frightened that this theme could be untrue. :pir-cry_sad:

On the other flipper, the reason for Lego pirates small hiatus could be that Lego wanted to create Pirates of the Caribbean thus meaning that this picture is further evidence of the new theme. Also did Jan not confirm this theme somewhere in this thread? I have checked but can't find it.

what would bug me most about a possible potc line is, that we've had pirates for a decent price for about twenty years now, all of the sudden tlg puts a potc label on it and we pay considerably more for what we used to get for a fair price, just because of some fleshy heads? i would definetely not buy a single potc set, not because i can't afford it, but more because i think it's pretty much a rip off, and i'd hate to support that with my dough

@ Halfpenguinhalflego: I don't think anything is confirmed so far. Them releasing "claasic" PotC sets before the main movie-tie-in wave in summer was just speculation based on what they did with Toy Story.

This theme sounds really good! I actually like fleshies, and some licensed sets recently haven't been overpriced. I am most excited for the figures, like hopefully a wig mold, and a Davy Jones fig if they make one! I hope POTC has two waves like Toy Story.

I have thinked too at that minifig can also be a own custom minifig, the hat and the "Bird" (I forgot the right name) looks like at they are made from wood. but i really think at POTC isnt coming (Sorry if i disapointted some of you) But i really dont think at this is a new wave of pirates. :pir-sceptic: '

Captain Becker

This theme is definitely confirmed. Steve Witt, LEGO fan relations, confirmed it at BrickFair 2010. I heard it with my own ears as did many others. He wouldn't give any further details about which movies were included but said we will get POTC in 2011.

Edit: TJJohn Blogged it: http://bricknotes.blogspot.com/2010/08/steve-witts-q.html

Edited by Tervlon

This theme is definitely confirmed. Steve Witt, LEGO fan relations, confirmed it at BrickFair 2010. I heard it with my own ears as did many others. He wouldn't give any further details about which movies were included but said we will get POTC in 2011.

I think I could kiss you.

:pir_kiss::pir-wub: Well please forgot my earlier reply, i take it back, every single word. Amd once yet Tervlon :pir_kiss: Thanks, now i cant stay in my pants. I wish at 2011 would come soon, VERY soon

Captain Becker

:pir_kiss::pir-wub: Well please forgot my earlier reply, i take it back, every single word. Amd once yet Tervlon :pir_kiss: Thanks, now i cant stay in my pants.

Maybe I should have kept this to myself... ;)

I really do not Lego Licensed minifigs! I can not use them for my own "Pirate World" and a release of POTC means the Lego Pirate theme is wiped out. So there are only peach-skinned minifigs... -.-

Edited by josykay

Edit: TJJohn Blogged it: http://bricknotes.blogspot.com/2010/08/steve-witts-q.html

I think it's rather funny that he says the 'Legend' line didn't sell well. Aside from how fast the 'collection' of BFF/GI/BS for the 'Castle' line sold, IMO, it's fairly obvious WHY that is: there's very little interest in the general LEGO-buying population for ONE set from a a line. Where does it go? What do you add to it? Where does it fit in? Etc., etc. BUT...if they were to release an entire LINE as a 'Legends' COLLECTION, well, that's a whole different ballgame. For example: the first offering of classic 'Space', or 'Blacktron', or one specific year of 'Castle' or 'Pirate' sets...

Get away from the idea of "which SET deserves to be a 'Legend'?" and go with "what LINE deserves 'Legend' status?"

A much better idea, IMO.

Imagine a lego flying dutchman! First official made triple cannons and TLCs' first ever ghost ship, I wonder if you can fire the triple cannons? Man I hope they don't screw this theme up, it has so much potential. As long as it lasts as long as the Indiana Jones theme I am okay. The ships alone make it a worthwhile theme because of the Black Pearl and a chinese junk. :jollyroger:

I honestly think we'll only be seeing one ship per release for POTC. Most of the sets are going to be fun little playsets, and maybe one ship. I hope we get a set that will allow us to get Redcoats/Bluecoats/Whitecoats(?)/Yellowcoats(?) for cheap.

I honestly think we'll only be seeing one ship per release for POTC. Most of the sets are going to be fun little playsets, and maybe one ship. I hope we get a set that will allow us to get Redcoats/Bluecoats/Whitecoats(?)/Yellowcoats(?) for cheap.

I agree, it would be too weird if we see all those ships wich were in the movies, i guess at they are only making the Black Pearl in lego (If they ever make ANY ships, BUT time will see) And there is Redcoats in the sets i guess couse i dont remember any french troops on the movies. Only the officers etc had those blue uniforms

Captain Becker

I have completely mixed feelings. I enjoy the films and the characters and I am glad for new sets, ships, parts, torsos, etc. that fit in with the pirates theme but it still makes me feel a little sad. I'll probably only buy three of everything out of protest.

Maybe we'll luck out and there will be Bluecoats in the fourth movie. We really do need a new version of the Bluecoat. I am betting a new version cries and wets itself before it runs away pirate_laugh_new.gif .

I agree, it would be too weird if we see all those ships wich were in the movies, i guess at they are only making the Black Pearl in lego (If they ever make ANY ships, BUT time will see) And there is Redcoats in the sets i guess couse i dont remember any french troops on the movies. Only the officers etc had those blue uniforms

Captain Becker

The East India Company soldiers wore bluecoats, and I heard the fourth one takes place in Florida/Louisiana. Yellowcoats could come from any Spanish, and whitecoats from french. Because you see, the french wore white prier to the revolution.

I am betting a new version cries and wets itself before it runs away pirate_laugh_new.gif .

HAHA that is what we really need....all other things are irrelevant! :pir-laugh: