FiletOFish

Getting girls to play with/buy LEGO

It's been discussed over a year ago. I think the topic is roughly the same.

I am merging now. The old thread title will stay, I like it better than the other one.

Now, I need to reasses my position. I still dislike pink, I still prefer it when the more actiony themes include involved female characters who do more than be rescued. Like Jet, Cam and Trace, Gail Storm and Helena Skvalling. They are all great characters and show the boys who play with Lego that girls do cool things too.

However, I do know that more normal girls want animals and princesses. I appreciate that and think TLG should try a theme like that. A recent article in a UK paper mentioned this too.

It confuses me why those dollhouse lego sets even exist. Bricks are genderless, the spaceships, planes, and homes the bricks build are also genderless, they appeal to boys and girls.

"Girl sets" don't need to be bright pink, I have never in all my life met a woman who would willingly drive a pink car or live in a pink house. Little girls don't mind, but I feel like they like the idea of actually driving or piloting a plane WAY more than just being inside a pink machine. I'm on board with adding more female figures to sets so the girls can have more fun and collectors can have a more varied LEGO population.

I want to see a LEGO theme where the main hero of the story is a chick, and not a princess or fairy, I mean a cool chick like Francesca Cook (Franky) from Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

Oh yeah, and all you parents out there, please stop giving your little girls pink things to play with! :classic:

Edited by DrNightmare

Lego needs to get the typical female stereotype out of there heads that all girls love pink and need it to be put in any set which is targeted for them. The female aimed sets have been lacking alot over the recent years and in my opinion that should be Lego's main priority at the moment to try and improve the female audience. Yes, there are City sets which have had alot of female minifigures added to them which is one attempt of Lego is trying to boost the female audience (which may just be working).

However when I walk into a toy store there aren't and set's which are clearly aimed at girls. When you look at this there are only a few sets with girls may be interested in, Eg. the left over Belville and Sponge bob sets, Which may be going soon (The sponge bob sets may not be going because of the theme being re-introduced). I highly doubt that a girl would want a Star wars magnet set to play with though.

I think lego should make a "House" theme. (No, I am not talking about series with weird doctor xD)

Sets would look like old duplo houses:

-Bathroom- With sink, Shower cabin, mirror, towel, some belvile bottles

-Bedroom- With two beds (with bedclothes)- mom minifig, vacum cleaner, drawer, wardrobe

-Garden- With three-four trees, bushes, watering can, butterflies, bench, dog, frisbee, girl

-Livingroom - Cat, sofa, table, rug, tv, fireplace, remote, bookshelf,

-Kitchen, food(fish, scala bottles,) dad, table, four chairs, teapot, cups fridge, shelfs, oven

-Kids Playroom, two beds (bedclothes), baby(new minifig!), cradle ,bottle, bear, some bricks, toycar, shelf for toys, book, mom minifig

-Garage- car, dad, some tools, shelf, some junk, paper boxes

-Build-a-house- House walls, big baseplate

-Big house-exclusive(all sets together)

That would be awesome theme! Not only for girls, but for

everyone.

I was thinking of this too. Whenever I saw girls playing with LEGO (that is my little sister and her friends when they were like... ca. 7) they build their own house and played 'mommy and daddy'. You know, with children, one dog and a cat. And they played for hours this way. LEGO could indeed make such a theme, with some modular part of a house. But not too much. I actually think your above ideas are a bit too much. However, it adds to the building part to assemble your own house in different possible ways. Maybe your ideas aren't too much actually...

This would definitely have a high chance of succes! And it could expand with a 'vacation' subtheme. (Car with caravan, or camper, tent. Bungalow, beach etc. Wintersports, chalet, skis).

The sets should not be too expensive. So no $80 sets such a belville anymore, but more in the $20 price range. (Well different prices for different sets of course, but lower prices attract children and parents (!) more.)

I might want to expand this idea in a new topic...

It confuses me why those dollhouse lego sets even exist. Bricks are genderless, the spaceships, planes, and homes the bricks build are also genderless, they appeal to boys and girls.

"Girl sets" don't need to be bright pink, I have never in all my life met a woman who would willingly drive a pink car or live in a pink house. Little girls don't mind, but I feel like they like the idea of actually driving or piloting a plane WAY more than just being inside a pink machine. I'm on board with adding more female figures to sets so the girls can have more fun and collectors can have a more varied LEGO population.

I want to see a LEGO theme where the main hero of the story is a chick, and not a princess or fairy, I mean a cool chick like Francesca Cook (Franky) from Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

Oh yeah, and all you parents out there, please stop giving your little girls pink things to play with! :classic:

Honestly, I don't think that's entirely true. If that was the case, there wouldn't be a real distinction between toys marketed towards boys or girls. Gender roles permeate throughout all of society. Walk into your nearest Toys R Us or Walmart and tell me that there aren't aisles of 'girls' toys and aisles of 'boys' toys. LEGO has historically been seen and marketed as a toy for young boys. Adding female minifigs to the mix probably won't change that significantly. Moreover, a set with a high ratio of female figures may sell poorly simply because the target demographic (boys) are reluctant to buy female figures. Even the collectible figure line avoids alienating the male demographic by only including a handful of females in each series.

If you look at most toylines that are marketed to boys or girls the gender balance is skewed to favour the demographic of the consumer. Boys action figures are predominantly male while Barbie and her friends live in a pink world where women outnumber men 10 to 1. Toy manufacturers understand their demographics pretty well. Girls and boys have historically played with different toys and like it or not, LEGO has been clearly defined as a 'boy's toy'. LEGO simply has been unable to find a way to successfully market LEGO to girls. It may be that gender roles are too well defined in society to break this trend. Adding more female figures probably won't change that.

I have a one year old daughter and it is a constant battle for everything she owns not to be pink! Neither my wife or I like pink so very rarely buy it for our daughter but it is scary how much stuff out there is available in pink! The walker we have for her is bright primary colours, but the exact same walker is available in all pink, how is one colour stimulating??? :devil:

Sorry rant over, carry on...

D

In regards to pink, walking into a girl's toy aisle does look a bit like a bottle of Pepto-Bismol exploded, but back on topic...

I have a daughter who is almost 3 years old. She has an older brother who is five. He loves LEGO, and so does she. The sets she is attracted to are the City farm sets, the City House, anything to do with minifigs (she loves taking off their hats for some reason). Unfortunately most of the sets and themes she loves are discontinued.

I've considered some of the Prince of Persia sets, I suspect she'd love a camel or ostrich, but those pieces come in the more expensive sets and I can't see paying $20+ for a pair of Ostriches, or even more to get a few camels. The $10 set has a horse which I know she'd love, but it also has a skeleton, thugs, and weapons which she wouldn't.

As others have said, Zoo, Farm, Hospital, House - these are sets that both boys and girls would like, but they can't be themes with only expensive sets or parents will only buy on the major holidays. They need to have more sets like the Farmer and pig- maybe Farmer and Cow, Horse and rider, etc. For a house theme, they could have rooms with a minifig and furniture. There are so many possibilities, I can't believe LEGO hasn't figured this out yet.

I have a one year old daughter and it is a constant battle for everything she owns not to be pink! Neither my wife or I like pink so very rarely buy it for our daughter but it is scary how much stuff out there is available in pink! The walker we have for her is bright primary colours, but the exact same walker is available in all pink, how is one colour stimulating??? :devil:

Sorry rant over, carry on...

D

Excellent, keep the battle going! Don't let the pink win! :D

---

Girls left on their own won't gravitate towards pink, it's the parents who bombard them with pinkness early on that are the "problem". Pink is cool, but it's time to tone it down already, haha.

Having a crappy childhood, my sister and I weren't fortunate enough to have many toys, much less pick and choose the colors, even less to pick quality toys. We were lucky if we found a flat ball, covered in green gunk and brown dirt and sticky orange Kool-Aid. We learned to find fun in anything, any shape or form. With no one to impose their will on us of "boys play with blue! girls play with pink!", we saw all toys as fair game.

Of course then we got older and started to care what other kids thought. No one wants to play with the boy with a pink ball or the girl who plays with GI Joes, they get labeled a tomboy or gay. And kids don't make up these rules, their parents do, because that's what their parents taught them.

If that was the case, there wouldn't be a real distinction between toys marketed towards boys or girls.

There's obviously a difference between Barbies and GI Joes... one box says "Barbie" and the other says "GI Joe" :P There's nothing in a toy's essence that makes it more or less suitable for a boy or girl. I know it's hard for adults to grasp the concept because of how conditioned they are to believing otherwise.

There's no innate difference between a pink ball and a green one, that's what I mean. The pink one isn't any more effeminate than the green one (it's not a "girl's toy", any more than a blue LEGO brick is a "boy's toy"). Muscle cars aren't more manly than vespas, butterflies aren't more girlie than sabre-toothed tigers, they only seem that way to people who have been influenced to think that way. There's nothing wrong with it, there's no such thing as "wrong", it is what it is.

And yeah, unfortunately I've been influenced. Today I wouldn't be caught dead wearing pink :laugh: but 13 years ago I would have had no problem putting on a pink cape and running around the neighborhood.

Edited by DrNightmare

I'm a female builder and even though I am a tomgirl, I really would like some pink bricks in my collection. The only ones that I really have in my collection that are pink are some 1X2 brick slopes that I picked up at the lego store on vacation.

As far as female minifigures, i'd be nice to see more in sets. Except for that new minifigure community set that was reviewed recently and i guess the lego collectable series as a whole(and that's pushing it), the lego sets are void of Females. The majority I have in my collection are either from a licensed theme(HP and IJ) or custom made from lego PAB.

Yea, I know that there are tubs, but I don't really want either. The tubs are famous for not having many lego in them. I need more then a tiny amount. And I just checked. The PPP for the little tub is about 15 Cents and the big one, 14. Isn't the ideal PPP range something like 7-10 cents?

Lots of great ideas in this thread already, but I'll try to add some of my own thoughts, beeing a girl myself :tongue:

I think pink mostly appeals to the youngest girls, and it isn't the way to go to get girls into LEGO. I overheard a girl talking to her dad in a toy store last year, and she was contemplating the sets while her dad was helpfully suggesting sets she might like, but even though she agreed to liking the sets her dad pointed out (I don't really remember which ones they were, but it was in the City theme), she kept saying she wanted a hospital. In the end, they walked out without bying anything, her dad saying something about trying to find out on the internet what stores might sell a hospital. It doesn't come as a surprise to me that a hospital would appeal to girls, when I was a young girl myself, I played a lot of doctor/nurse/patient with my cousins (girls) and younger brother (we always made my brother be the patient, poor guy! :laugh:).

As others have mentioned already, animals also appeal to a lot of girls. Some girls are really into horses and/or ponies (heck, being an anti pink and anti girl stereotype, I still have to admit I owned a pink toy pony as a child :blush:). But girls really seem to like playing with animals, so any theme including a lot of animals in a friendly setting (zoo, veterinarian, farm, safari...) would probably appeal to girls.

Other than that, I think the city theme already has some good sets that girls might like. As a child I quite liked police and fire too btw, and owned two firestations, one police station (and wanted a second one, it was so much bigger than the one I had! :laugh:). And the creator houses are great sets for girls too. And then, of course, there was paradisa... ah, if only they could bring back paradisa...

But I'm sure there are a lot of girls out there who like the action themes as well (I know I did as a child. Had lots of pirates, castle and space stuff), but unfortunetely, a lot of parents won't buy that kind of stuff for their daughters, thinking they won't like it, or that it's inappropriate (I'm glad my parents weren't like that :sweet:).

(Wow, that became a really long post...)

Having a 9 year old daughter, the first thing that comes to mind is... don't push. If she wants to play, she wants to play. The majority of LEGO in the house is mine, but the kids have some of their own, too, but only when they ask for it.

When she was younger, my daughter would pick purple and pink bricks from the PAB wall at the store, so despite me not interfering with what she picked, she still liked pink... but not just pink. She likes the sets with horses and animals, and every once in a while comes into my office at home, takes a big plate (usually the 48x48 gray one), and just builds on it... geometrical designs and buildings. A couple of weeks ago she did this for my birthday:

5363926177_31aba57942_m.jpg

Happy Birthday, in LEGO. by FredJH, on Flickr

The fact is, there are differences between boys and girls, it's not simply a matter of gender typing. We let her do what she wants... she refused to do martial arts, but wanted to take dancing and gymnastics. I didn't argue one way or the other over dancing and gymnastics, but my wife and I both told her we thought martial arts would be great, but she simply didn't want to (my son had been doing it for several years).

So... I think LEGO can certainly appeal more towards girls. I would bet things like a Veterinarian set and a lot more animals would be great. I recently got several pig farmers and she just wanted the pigs. Like others, she also liked the CMFs, but not limited to the girl figures - she got the Zombie, Mummy, and Ape Suit Guy, too.

I think that if lego stopped with the over the top girly stuff and had a theme that could appeal to both genders in the way that there were some main female characters and a non-aggressive storyline, and possibly a color scheme that could appeal to both genders ( not blinding pink and white and not boring black a gray) and a reasonable price then they could have a unisex theme that would be fun for everyone. :sceptic: But Lego always tries to aim it at girly girls when I think if it was a little more tom-boyish it might sell better since girly-girls usually don't really like building things much.

Edited by ComputerBug

Belville is just ridiculous (even though it has given us AFOLs some nice parts). There are no normal parts to build with and everything just looks way too barbieish to be credible Lego. Most girls like Lego but they don't like all those grim fighting men with weapons. The house is a great idea, something like that existed in the 1970s (Homemaker) but if it could be modular, all the better. For the rest girls like fairy tale like or everyday life playthemes and they like female figures. If proper children instead of just shortish legs were introduced, there could be some very nice hospital, school, family, nursery, playground, etcetera sets for girls. Pink bricks are not needed.

Fairy tales could be nice too, but Little Red playsets have a risk of becoming too childish. They could end up appealing ony to kids under 4 and over 40... A licence to something popular with girls would also be a good idea. What do girls aged 4 to 10 like nowadays? And don't say Justin Bieber. What about that whole Disney princess thing? Those pictures are on all sorts of merchandise, is there a current TV series or whatever going on? (My kids are four and only watch Nick Jr. so I wouldn't know... and no, Dora would be limited to Duplo age. Besides, it sucks)

Oh, and animals, of course. Horses! Riding stables, whatever. And a zoo would be great. The farm series has potential too, but Lego made a boy version with big tractors and machines. A farm that appeals to boys and girls has a house (never understood why they left that out, farms always have a house), a tractor, a bunch of animals... all sorts of things, really.

Edited by eti

I'm so glad I finally found this topic. :thumbup: It's a question that I think is pretty important and one that I touched upon in a recent post in another topic here on Eurobricks found here soliciting suggestions for minifig requests. Rather than repost, I'd love it if folks here would take a look by clicking here.

In it, I basically looked through the first 15 pages of posts to that topic and did a rough/quick data capture of the number of requests made for female minifigs vs male minifigs. (I was sick from work and got obsessed. :blush: ) No surprise that the requests were skewed towards male minifigs, only mimicking TLG's underwhelming track record of giving us female minifigs to populate our System creations. The exact numbers...

We posted ideas for the creation of 581 new minifigs total...

Total requests for females were 167 (29%)

Total requests for males were 414 (71%)

I didn't even get to remarking about what I'd noticed about the types of female minifigs that were requested, which were relatively limited and often times catering to gender stereotypes, etc. :sadnew: Again, that's not the case with all the requests...in fact, there were some great suggestions for female minifigs that I thought were relatively progressive. I also did some quick crunching regarding TLG's female minifig offerings in some newer as well as older themes:

Ninjago: 1 female (14%), 6 males (86%)

----- Didn't count skeletons...too much room for controversy...ha. But if I did...well...

Pharaoh's Quest: 1 female (14%), 6 males (86%)

----- Again, didn't count mummies but did include Amset-Ra.

Atlantis: 2 female (18%), 9 males (82%)

----- Didn't count fishy-folk but did include Poseidon statue and Atlantis Emperor cuz it wasn't Atlantis "Empress".

Pirates: 10 female (9%), 103 males (91%)

----- Ouch! Didn't count skellies.

And, as I tried to make clear (but perhaps failed in my attempt) I wasn't intending to insult or belittle or judge anyone's requests or accuse anyone of sexism, etc. I was just pointing out a pattern in the data, though I admittedly reserved my own analysis. Anyway, I think I might've struck a nerve there and sort of decided to pull back so as not to force the issue; after all, only two or three people commented back, so I figured it wasn't the best place to engage in a dialogue about this topic.

With that said, I'm really curious to hear what people think about the "data". Also, I just wanted to appreciate the thoughtful comments I've read throughout this topic. I started to do a multiquote reply, but then realized that I lost them as soon as I switched to another page of posts. (Basically, there were many great quotes in posts that I wanted to applaud. :laugh: ) In general, the sentiments that resonated most with me are the ones that follow the "don't pander to us, include us" perspective. I wholeheartedly agree that things like Belville aren't the way to go...I think they're an overly simplistic and somewhat regressive (as opposed to "progressive") solution to a deeper, more complex issue. I also echo the calls for, not just an increase in the number of female characters, but an increase in the number of more well-rounded female minifig characters, especially as "leads" or "sheroes" of themes. The running example I used in an exchange with someone in response to my original post found here was the recently launched Ninjago line. It seems TLG tried to include a female character with Nya, but she's pretty one-dimensional, not to mention relegated to a limited supporting character role. I wonder, for example, why they didn't just make one or more of the main ninja characters female?

Also, I found the discussions about "conflict centered" themes vs. "building themes", etc to be enlightening, and admittedly, I lean heavily towards the "conflict centered" sort of play. (Such a "boy". :blush: ) However, I wanted to add my $0.02 that there are many boys who don't fall into the "conflict centered" group just like there are many young women who enjoy the ol' "good vs evil" battles, so I'd like to see TLG less focused on the "boys are from Mars, girls from Venus" type of oversimplification, and simply do a better job at representing young women in their existing/future lines and make a concerted effort to make them feel more welcome by being less gender typical. And yes, it goes well beyond TLG, but as stated in my aforementioned posts, I think a company like LEGO is in an especially good position to help drive progress and has demonstrated an interest in doing so in the past. (More on that in my posts which can be linked to above.)

So yes, I guess I'm one of those AFOL's mentioned earlier on in this topic who thinks s/he knows more than TLG does when it comes to appealing/marketing to young women...at least based on what I've seen from TLG in the past. :grin:

Anyway, here I go again with my novel-length posts. Just glad this topic exists and is getting some quality dialogue.

The fact is, there are differences between boys and girls, it's not simply a matter of gender typing. We let her do what she wants... she refused to do martial arts, but wanted to take dancing and gymnastics. I didn't argue one way or the other over dancing and gymnastics, but my wife and I both told her we thought martial arts would be great, but she simply didn't want to (my son had been doing it for several years).

My daughter is the opposite. She loves martial arts and the ninja sets. She also likes Lego animals like cats and aligators, etc.

Picture7271.jpg

I'm an adult female Lego fan and Belville has some interesting pieces but on the whole is way too pink and domestic. When they had the fantasy elements I loved those, because they were fantasy. Sets with houses and babies, no thank you. I guess I buck the system in that my latest set was a score from Goodwill of all places and a very sort of male set the Troll's Mountain Fortress. In the past I've gotten everything from Town to Star Wars although mainly I collect Harry Potter and Castle sets. If TLG wants to market to women they aren't hard to market to if you take into account the gamer type of women or comic con types which dig Lego anyway. Give us a Hall of Justice set or a X men set we'd be all over it (or I would hehe).

If TLG wants to market to women they aren't hard to market to if you take into account the gamer type of women or comic con types which dig Lego anyway. Give us a Hall of Justice set or a X men set we'd be all over it (or I would hehe).

Agreed. (Plus I'm a proud nerd myself who would freak out in a good way at the prospect of an X-men set.) :grin:

In response to the all the FFOLs who like the action themes, while I certainly appreciate that because I can relate to it well, I think the purpose of this topic is to discuss those who don't like the action themes or the overly girly themes. Those who do like those are not 'Girls who don't play with/buy LEGO'. We're talking about those who fall in between.

Again, not to say that liking those action themes or overly girly themes is bad, because if you do you are a fellow FOL who is buying LEGO sets.

I've said many, many, many times that I think the whole exaggerated dichotomy between girls' and boys' interests and tastes is a completely made-up, self-fulfilling prophecy. Girls do not have to like pink. It's not an intrinsically feminine color. Actually, pink was generally considered a "boys' color" until the beginning of the 20th Century. It was associated with manliness and blood. Look it up!

Likewise, there's nothing inherently masculine about building toys. There is no reason to think that girls who are introduced to building toys wouldn't be interested in doing the same things with them as boys if society didn't teach them a bunch of stupid false values telling them that "girls don't do that". The reason girls like dressing up and putting on makeup more than boys do, is that we teach them to. Many, many little boys like to put on their mom's makeup and jewelry. And no little girl ever thinks anything about it. It's the adults who tell them, "no, no, boys don't do that." And no, it's not up to the parents exclusively. With my first daughter, I did everything in my power to keep her away from the frilly pink Barbie Disney Fairy Mermaid Princess garbage. Unfortunately, our children don't grow up in a vacuum. From age zero onward, everything and everyone in her environment tried to push pink at her.

I raised her without TV. She saw TV at other kids' houses.

I dressed her in jeans with colorful patches, bright T-shirts with animals on them, all sorts of colorful but gender-neutral clothing she could roughhouse and play outdoors in. People gave her frilly pink dresses for Christmas.

I raised her without Barbie. Her best friend had seven Barbies and gave her one.

We'd stop for McDonald's on a road trip. "Girl toy or boy toy?" Boy toy = neat little Lego Batman toy. Girl toy = some pink or purple Littlest Pet Shop creature.

Everyone we knew (except for my mother, an old-school feminist who understood EXACTLY what we were trying to do) thought we were weird and unfair for doing what we were doing. My good friends told me "stop worrying about it, one Barbie doll never killed anyone."

It's impossible to keep society's ideals from growing girls. Don't blame parents. Blame parents and daycare workers and schools and TV and toy companies and fast food chains and everything. Blame yourself if, shopping for a niece's birthday present, you ever skipped over the Lego aisle or the bookstore and opted for some Hannah Montana trash or a set of hair accessories because you assumed her parents wouldn't want her to get Lego or books.

But our efforts weren't entirely for naught. For a couple of years, my girl had to have every girly thing her friends had. She was all about the fairies, Barbies, Disney Princesses and pink glitter. She's nine now. She loves to read. She's pretty much over Barbie and Disney. She'll never be over the princesses. She loves Harry Potter and Eragon and Star Wars and Miyazaki movies. She still dances around singing Taylor Swift songs, and wears glittery things and acts all girly. She plays with her Nintendo DS and she plays with Lego, whether it's the pink tub that I bought her at the height of the Barbie phase, or Kingdoms sets with Star Wars and POP minifigs. One day, it's all tales of treachery and epic battles with her, and the Lion Knight Princess is in charge of everything. Another day, it will be about the girls on the farm, and how difficult it is to take care of pigs, and how the Prince of Persia is being a real jerk to Tamina.

My second daughter is building a Duplo city at this very moment.

How do you get girls to play with Lego? You buy them Lego. You show them how to build some cool things, and set them loose. And you don't tell them girls don't play Lego.

If there were more sets that involved decoration and used soft colours like lime and tan, could that also attract girls?

I look at the work being done by Legohaulic's little sister and I wonder, wouldn't girls like to recreate/design a bedroom like this in lego? It certainly has me interested.

That's what I think too. TLG simply has to expand their civilian lines and add more generic women. They have a City line, but it has no houses! I mean, most people don't want 129382 fire stations with no house to set on fire.

How do you get girls to play with Lego? You buy them Lego. You show them how to build some cool things, and set them loose. And you don't tell them girls don't play Lego.

I agree with your sentiment, but perhaps the real question in that case should be "How do you promote Lego in a way that parents won't think of them as boy's toys?"

How about commercials w/ boys and girls PLAYING w/ lego instead of mainly animated commercials or BOYS playing with sets? Or how about bringing back house sets? That is what would really catch my attention as a Female AFOL. I'm not into the pink and girly stuff though I could appreciate SOME pink lego. I just don't want pure pink. YUCK!

Caveat: I am teasing you about the following (since I know its not always possible to read the emotional intent on a forum).

"We've been trying to break down gender stereotypes for generations... "

"Lego needs to get the typical female stereotype out of there heads that all girls love pink "

"Pink is cool, but it's time to tone it down already"

I find it funnily ironic that I've read alot of comments in this thread about female stereotypes and pink blocks. Yet as soon as I posted identifying that I was female, what did you do but slap a pink star me!

I find it funnily ironic that I've read alot of comments in this thread about female stereotypes and pink blocks. Yet as soon as I posted identifying that I was female, what did you do but slap a pink star me!

I realize this is a joke, but in response, you only get that if you ask for it, and it's a color that's easily identified. If we gave you a not-so-over-girly color like red, then you'd get confused with the Grand Dukes. Besides, think of all the poor male Dukes running around with purple stars! :laugh:

Edited by Brickdoctor