Fugazi

Pharaoh's Quest 2011

Personally, I like the mummies. I really don't look for how historically accurate sets are, because that doesn't really matter to me (with the exception of licensed themes, but those aren't exactly historical).

As for the new mould, I think I may know why there is a new one. Looking at the other helmets, there's a part that extends down the minifig's back. Maybe the helmet here has got the back part removed to fit in the wings easier.

Why the stud thing is missing, though, I don't know. I would rather have the gold version only to have the stud, because it looks more suited for leader mummies (generally, I assume the gold-plated characters to be the leaders :tongue:). Or at least a combination of the stud and no stud version for the more common black helmetted ones. Wait, there are in fact black versions of the studless helmet in the "sphinx" set! In this case, I assume it just to be a variant.

Oh, I didn't think about a new mold to allow the wings to be put on, that makes sense now. Since they did make a new mold, I hope it does have something intresting on the front like what dyntar suggested.

EDIT: After I looked closer, I see a very small beak on the dark blue helmets. It makes perfect sense now!

Edited by Baylego

I looked closer at the pic from the biplane set and it looks like the falcon headdress has Horus eyes painted on it.

So it looks like the Pharaoh is using the Egyptian gods Anubis and Horus to fight for him.

Do Gods beat humans with guns?

btw also looks like there is a couple of different versions of the mummy's face.. one only has 1 eye another has 2 eyes. the bike set shows both of them. Some of the sets use the studio mummy face.. So I'm guessing these will have a different face that they haven't finished making yet.

The female minifig and the archeologist looking character only appear in one set each.

The pilot and the character who looks like Mike from the jungle subtheme of Adventurers appear in two sets each.

While the hero character appears in three sets.

Though as the torso prints appear to be quite dull I suspect lots of them will be available on Bricklink and Ebay.

While I'll wait for official and/or better images of final versions of these sets to comment more specifically, I will comment on the basic theme: in the parlance of our time, WIN :classic:

I was a HUGE fan of the original Adventures theme, and it's absolutely fantastic to see LEGO return to it in a way that's clearly a nod to that concept but updates it in some fun ways with some neat stuff, especially minifig and minifig accessories-wise. I was definitely in the "The Indy line was ok, but I really wished it was classic Adventurers" camp, and with the Indy license apparently over, I'm VERY glad to see LEGO still running with the 30's adventure serial concept!

Being honest, there are lots of falcon and jackal headed gods. The Egyptian gods changed appearance, sex and merged with each so often these minifigs could represent any number. It's probably easier to think that Lego simply picked a couple of cool looking ones and went with that.

I would like to see more mummy gods with Baboon, Crocodile, Ibis, Ram, Frog and Set creature[**] heads. Just because more Egyptian god minifigs would make my city museum layout look more showy.

[**Looks like a cross between a Giraffe and an Aardvark.]

[**Looks like a cross between a Giraffe and an Aardvark.]

Ohhh I would love a Set figure! It would make sense to have the god of evil be the ruler and cause of all this chaos! :devil: I would also like a crocodile head for Sobek or a cat head for Bastet! :cry_happy: It would be like a really morbid version of Fabuland. :tongue:

This theme, now that I think about it, is like a cross between an Indiana Jones movie and "Age of Mythology" from Ensemble studios! :laugh:

That's a win in my book, but there is something that worries me;

Unlike the original Adventures line where Johnny was the main character and had a whole cast of friends and foes to bring to the adventure with him, in this line all of the adventurers seem very generic, and there doesn't seem to be a main character.

It's almost like the dive crews from Atlantis, or the Power Miners where they pretty much include minifigures to fill a niche, and not necessarily to tell a story.

Of course these are prelims and a lot of the faces/pieces will change but it's nowhere near as distinct of a character base as Adventures had.

This theme, now that I think about it, is like a cross between an Indiana Jones movie and "Age of Mythology" from Ensemble studios! :laugh:

Good point. I'd love to see figures from Norse mythology next. :wub:

I don't really care if they resemble certain gods or not, as long as they don't get them totally confused like the Sphinx's head. :hmpf: And since the giant creatures look so rock-like, I can take them apart and make a gate MOC that I was thinking of. :grin:

Do Gods beat humans with guns?

btw also looks like there is a couple of different versions of the mummy's face.. one only has 1 eye another has 2 eyes. the bike set shows both of them. Some of the sets use the studio mummy face.. So I'm guessing these will have a different face that they haven't finished making yet.

That reminded me of what we first heard about NinjaGo. :laugh:

At least they're doing face variations now instead of later like they did with the trolls. :thumbup:

Edited by indianajones

I saw this the other day, I looove them! :wub: The Anubus (Anubite?) heads are awesome. The weapons are wicked too, and Pharoah... man, I can't wait!

~Peace

This theme is looking great. Winged mummies? I'm in. :wub:

The only thing I'm worried about are the adventurers. I know the pictures are preliminary, but they're very generic... I really hope we get some cool new facial prints.

The only thing I'm worried about are the adventurers. I know the pictures are preliminary, but they're very generic... I really hope we get some cool new facial prints.

I hope so too.

Also hope we see the the Adventure head from S2 in this theme :thumbup:

I love the look of these!

Seems like there's a collection incentive- collect all the gold accessories- which looks great! I especially like the scarab. Nice parts and look. I guess I have a weak spot for cool little Lego sets... :blush:

OodOd.

Another thank you.

I'm really in love with this theme. They all look great. Fantastic new molds and torsos. My favorite theme so far for the next year.

Well that didn't take long, they are gone already ! *oh2*

Dam it, ah well some else might try a link again or did someone save the images (whew.. city and SW I did).....I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

This post has a link to a PDF version of the catalog that's still up. It has all the Pharaoh's Quest stuff, along with all the other themes in one place.

This post has a link to a PDF version of the catalog that's still up. It has all the Pharaoh's Quest stuff, along with all the other themes in one place.

What was different about these pics from the last pics? Where they more finalized? If so what where the differences?

What was different about these pics from the last pics? Where they more finalized? If so what where the differences?

They have a way higher resolution than the other pictures. Also there are clear pictures of the box art. :classic:

They have a way higher resolution than the other pictures. Also there are clear pictures of the box art. :classic:

Dangit! I was at school when these where posted! :hmpf_bad: I hope someone posts them on flickr. :hmpf_bad:

NOOOOOOOOO! I missed them too. :pir_bawling:

someone will repost them right? please.....

Edit: Found a link to the whole catalalogue on a different thread. :wub:

Edited by Brickenhead-town-dweller