Sign in to follow this  
XimenaPaulina

What's with the Sesame Street names of the moderators?

We may be related, but I prefer not to associate with such slippery substances. The only reason graphite is accepted in today's society is because he rubs off on everyone and he serves an important role in communication. The previous element was fired because he killed people and made others go crazy... No element should conduct that kind of behaviour; it's very exciting, which isn't good for a boring element.

Mind you, I suppose you'd be interested in that kind of occurrence, WolframorV. You tend to get excited to the point of glowing don't you? If it weren't for Argon protecting you so nobly, I imagine you'd explode in flames or something.

You may need to check your knowledge, dear Brickminsterfullerthing sir:

Because it retains its strength at high temperatures and has a high melting point, elemental tungsten is used in many high-temperature applications, such as light bulb, cathode-ray tube, and vacuum tube filaments, heating elements, and rocket engine nozzles. Its high melting point also makes tungsten suitable for aerospace and high-temperature uses such as electrical, heating, and welding applications, notably in the gas tungsten arc welding process (also called tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding).

Because of its conductive properties and relative chemical inertia, tungsten is also used in electrodes, and in the emitter tips in electron-beam instruments that use field emission guns, such as electron microscopes. In electronics, tungsten is used as an interconnect material in integrated circuits, between the silicon dioxide dielectric material and the transistors. It is used in metallic films, which replace the wiring used in conventional electronics with a coat of tungsten (or molybdenum) on silicon.

As you see, I do not explode, and there is just one element who melts at higher temperatures than me (that would be your relative Corbon, by the way). The worst that can happen if I get too exited is I may produce some X-rays. But then again, I'm a perfect shield for that too:

The electronic structure of tungsten makes it one of the main sources for X-ray targets and also for shielding from high-energy radiations (such as in the radiopharmaceutical industry for shielding radioactive samples of FDG).

As to the glow, it is just an act of kindness towards the world: I share some of my energy in form of visible light instead of just emitting IR and melt like lesser metals do.

Oh, and good Argon is there only to protect me from that pesky Oxygen. That one is of a bad kind indeed. He is always there trying to steal your electrons and to bind you in his useless molecules.

That said, have a good day, sirs.

I'm sorry to hear that, I didn't know your family had bonding issues. Speaking of which, how are your cousins Bucky B. and Bucky T. doing? They seem like a pretty cool guys. I've heard that Bucky B. has quite a conductive personality compared to other folks in your family.

I get along well with the rest of the fullerenes. How could I not - they're my family! And my direct family, not like graphite, diamond or soot. I hate soot especially, and we all pretend that he's not part of the extended Carbon family. He's quite literally the part of the family tree that got burnt off.

I get along well with the rest of the fullerenes. How could I not - they're my family! And my direct family, not like graphite, diamond or soot. I hate soot especially, and we all pretend that he's not part of the extended Carbon family. He's quite literally the part of the family tree that got burnt off.

Everybody has somebody in their extended family they don't like. Give poor soot a break. The guy's so down on his luck that he can't even hold himself together. I mean the when ever that guy shows up things seem to go up in smoke.

Wow, you guys are just in time for my Chemistry Test!

Seriously, I was studying for my Chemistry Test. I decide to take a break. I come on here, and look! My work followed me onto the web!

I thought I was hallucinating...

You may need to check your knowledge, dear Brickminsterfullerthing sir:

As you see, I do not explode, and there is just one element who melts at higher temperatures than me (that would be your relative Corbon, by the way). The worst that can happen if I get too exited is I may produce some X-rays. But then again, I'm a perfect shield for that too:

As to the glow, it is just an act of kindness towards the world: I share some of my energy in form of visible light instead of just emitting IR and melt like lesser metals do.

Oh, and good Argon is there only to protect me from that pesky Oxygen. That one is of a bad kind indeed. He is always there trying to steal your electrons and to bind you in his useless molecules.

That said, have a good day, sirs.

There is a fight. There is a fight. There is a fight. Let us watch them fight. He he he. Hooray for bloodsport.

There is a fight. There is a fight. There is a fight. Let us watch them fight. He he he. Hooray for bloodsport.

Aren't you getting a bit too excited noble gas friend? Beware not to start a spontaneous fusion reaction.

We were simply excanging notions, as gentlemen do. We are not as instable as some others around here.

Relative to the topic at hand, that being Sesame Street and Muppets, it thought it would be quite in order if I shared with my fellow lovers of science the intriguing fact that Grover has apparently begun to apply and use Old Spice on a regular basis.

Keep it relative.

What is manner of "Old Spic" element? Is marionette puppet attempt suicide?

Hear that daily use will cause the deaths in the peoples.

What is meaning??

Aren't you getting a bit too excited noble gas friend? Beware not to start a spontaneous fusion reaction.

We were simply excanging notions, as gentlemen do. We are not as instable as some others around here.

Nothing excites me.

Well, can you chaps use yourselves in nuclear technology as neutron-absorbing control rods? Or turn yourselves into a laser for the removing of the things from the bodies of the people?

I am not being thinking so.

Well, can you chaps use yourselves in nuclear technology as neutron-absorbing control rods? Or turn yourselves into a laser for the removing of the things from the bodies of the people?

I am not being thinking so.

Your career choice sounds far too exciting for me. I have chosen a far safer profession filling fluorescent light bulbs with inert gas. I also dabble in high-speed photography and have a pretty safe (and boring) night life lighting up neon signs. I've heard you dabble in photography as well though, so at least we have that much in common. Beyond that, your lifestyle seems far too exciting for me.

I must apologize if I come across as being a tad rude as I don't really bond well with others.

People these days do not get enough of me...

Uh oh, I think we are having ourselves an unstable isotope here!

Uh oh, I think we are having ourselves an unstable isotope here!

You may think but you are incorrect. I am stable, almost as much as the Noble Gases!

People these days do not get enough of me...

Hmm, don't try too hard to fit in. Its not really the same without your name changing.

I like Gold. It does not oxidate and remains pure, untarnished!

It appears to be another bond much like iridium and radium!

:tongue:

Hmm, don't try too hard to fit in. Its not really the same without your name changing.

Blasphemy!

I am pleased that you derive humor from our existence, but I take great opposition to the idea that I don't exist.

Yes there is. It's (...) (That's only 2000sf, but I can be more specific if you require.)

Yes, you're being quite irrational.

I'll have to keep my ion you.

but I really do try not to spread myself too thinly

Actually, one piece of pure 24K gold the size of a matchbox can be stretched and thinned to the size of a tennis court. default_satisfied.gif I don't think you have much to worry about except being melded with those other, inferior metals.

Why are they called cations? Because they're paw-sitive.

Why do chemists check into hotels during the day? Because the nitrates are terrible.

Who invented guacamole? Avagando.

White bears dissolve in water. Know why? Because they're polar.

Hm, I'm liking the originality in this new name-change prank, but for some reason it just doesn't seem nearly as fun as the last one. I guess I'm just not a science geek like the moderators here all seem to be. :tongue:

Hm, I'm liking the originality in this new name-change prank, but for some reason it just doesn't seem nearly as fun as the last one. I guess I'm just not a science geek like the moderators here all seem to be. :tongue:

Fun? There is in too much science to do!

Zarkan is not having fun. That is what he said. Zarkan told us he is not having fun and now we all know because we read it.

Does anyone of my Elemental brothers and sisters wish to take a ride with me onto the Large Hadron Collider?