Sign in to follow this  
AllanSmith

Hero Factory 2010

Oh dear, What have I done?

I didn't mean to start an arguement I was just saying what I see.

I think that Corroder has 4 L.Green versions of these weapons:

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8615-1

Also maybe Neb and M.D (Meltdown) has the same head/face/helmet though different colours.

The sets are really good, elements, recolours, new pieces.

If the story does turn about to be a family film where six kids turn into CGI versions of the sets and fight the evil forces of Von Nebula, that would be :cry_sad:

Lime green Bordahk staves!?! Now that's WIN.

For 7156 I see no Bordakh staves, especially not 4. I see tubing connected to some Nynrah-esque launcher.

I'm gonna go ahead and bet there will be new faces/masks/whatever along with new weapons.

You know, like they usually do.

LEGO® HERO FACTORY out in August in NZ

7164 Preston Stormer

7165 Natalie Breez

7167 William Blaze

7168 Duncan Bulk

7169 Mark Surge

7170 Jimi Stringer

Just one Girl again? So I see "kids" have this elements according to their names: Electric, Wind, Fire, Rock, Water, and... Bug ? (LOL)

Are there going to be 6 canister heroes and 6 box baddies? If so, it seems like the heroes will be small sized (can you notice the Avtoran/Agori/Stars limbs on them?), while the baddies will be composed of 4 canister size figures and 2 Titan sized figures.

Some things I noticed (and some annoying personal comments, too :tongue:):

-7162 Rotor: Inika shoulder plates? Stars feet? Avtoran jetpack on his hand? Thornax launcher (although many people already saw this)? Hewkii brown?

-7145 Von Nebula: Stars feet again? Piraka clawed feet as hands (Brutaka/Maxilos style)? Vahki lower legs as forearms? Anyway, I love this guy. Dare to say, he looks better than many Bionicle villains.

-The canister heroes with stupid names: not sure about the legs, but it seems like each of them has:

a)Agori limbs (the ones Atakus features, to be precise) as arms (can't tell with 7164, but I suppose it will be the same for him)

b)A sort of light on their chest (Iron Man, anyone?)

c)Glatorian hands (recolours FTW!)

They don’t inspire much to be honest. 7168 and 7168 look pretty cool but that’s it. 7165, the girl, continues Bionicle’s established tradition by looking like a guy with thick eyebrows.

-The box baddies with decent names (sorry, too lazy to write them- I'll learn them by heart sometime): like in Bionicle, the bad guys look much cooler than the good guys. 7157 looks like Vezon reborn, I like how 7156 seems to feature either Bordakh staves or Gresh blades in lime green but I’m not sure about the rest, 7148 looks great, so does 7147 (I agree, it does really seems he has Nektann’s spine-head combo..also, Kanoka disk?).

While I’m at it, the 4 medium sized baddies compose the Quirky Miniboss Squad, Von Nebula is the Big Bad and Rotor is his Dragon.

I hate the names, but the sets actually look pretty cool. I'm hoping they won't be like Ben 10 (what huge disappointments they were!).

Shakar

Here, here... let me help Lego out with names for series 2... um um um... Zap Lazer, Captain Space, Martin Meteor, Andy Action... gyuuh.

I'll help you help LEGO with names for series 2! :grin: Sandy Sand, Wally Water, Pete Plants, Robert Rocks and Leet McNoobcaek. LOL! :laugh:

I agree with you, the names are horrible. LEGO might as well just make one HerO and name him Bob Person.

_

I personally think that the figures are either supposed to be Humans tightly concealed in futuristic exo-skeleton battle-armor, or Human that have been turned into cyborgs, which would explain a lot of things. You see, if they were robots, their names would be like just "(Name that hints it's power)" or "(Name that hints it's power) A4-89". If they were alien biomechanical humanoids, like the characters in Bionicle are, their names would be like "Blahblahblahix" or something. Thus, I think that the HerOes are either cyborgs or Humans tightly concealed in battle-armor because of their Human names. It could also be possible that the names are just random joke-names, that have nothing to do with the characters being Human or not.

Let's just hope that the story of the HerOes Factory line will be just as good as the Bionicle story, and it wouldn't be something cheesy. Even if the story was cheesy, though, it would still sell right off of the shelves because of little kids who get them for the purpose of playing with the main model rather than MOCing with it or the story (this has NOTHING to do with the story of LEGO system sets.) The names of some of the new HerOes are rather "<insert that tiresome argument>", and I have a feeling that the story will be like the average bad Saturday morning TV cartoon (not saying all Saturday morning TV cartoons are bad).

Story prediction, could be totally wrong:

"The evil villains led by Van Nebula are attacking, but the HerOes are here to stop them!"

Little kid: Awesome!!

Bionicle Fan: Hmm, the story could be more complicated, but the sets seem to be good enough to MOC.

Although, who am I to assume that the story of the HerO Factory line will be poor just because of the names? Hopefully, the story of the HerO Factory line will make up for the silly names.

Edited by Bricknave

Older LEGO Fan: Is there more to the plot? Are the good guys fighting the bad guys to save a world that tiny people inhabit, or something to that effect?

Really? Can you tell me the awesome, intricate plot for the City line? You know, the second-best selling LEGO theme? Or the intricate plot for all the classic LEGO lines? What's the story for classic Pirate sets? Is there a story beyond just 'bad guys versus good knights' from classic castle sets?

System-only guys are ridiculous.

Although most of us dislike this new line

Who? People are mad this isn't still BIONICLE, sure. But BIONICLE has consistently been a top-seller, and lasted nine years. When was the last time a 'popular' system line outside of generic city and AFOL-complaint-filled Star Wars lasted more than three years? Even beloved themes like castle and pirates pop up for a few years, then jump back into oblivion for years. And yet BIONICLE and the new replacement line (which looks to just be BIONICLE styled builds, which means ten years of this style) has gone on for almost ten years, un-interrupted. People want these. Even more than the more well-liked AFOL lines such as pirates and castle. It's time AFOLs got over it.

Edited by Darth Vader

Who? People are mad this isn't still BIONICLE, sure.

I'm not mad because this isn't Bionicle. I would be perfectly open to a new theme if it had a great storyline and didn't resort to overt cheesiness. However, this new line looks like it won't be fufilling either of those wishes, which is why I am upset.

And yes, I know that most lego themes don't have complex storylines at all - in fact, Bionicle was basically the first and only lego theme to rise above the usual generic "good guy versus bad guy" genericness and actually develop a whole unique world. And that's why I'm sad to see it ending - especially since the current year is looking to be very rushed. :sadnew:

Edited by Grevious

Grevious said:
And yes, I know that most lego themes don't have complex storylines at all - in fact, Bionicle was basically the first and only lego theme to rise above the usual generic "good guy versus bad guy" genericness and actually develop a whole unique world. And that's why I'm sad to see it ending - especially since the current year is looking to be very rushed. :sadnew:

Bionicle's storyline has been rushed ever since 2007 when Greg started all the serials. :wacko:

Since the storyline is bound not to be like Bionicle, I am sad to see it go.

Bionicle's storyline has been rushed ever since 2007 when Greg started all the serials. :wacko:

Bionicle story(the simple part, none of the serial crap) was simply awesome.

I loved the serials, myself. :tongue:

i think the serials where great we got a little more information on what was going on with other characters outside the main plot. they where also allot more edgier than the books and especially the movies. instead of defeating their opponents but not killing them they have helryx sliced in two from a closing portal and dark mirror takua being killed by iron spikes. some serials are not as good as others but they are all a nice little extra part of the storyline.

Edited by ultra hamster

Really? Can you tell me the awesome, intricate plot for the City line? You know, the second-best selling LEGO theme? Or the intricate plot for all the classic LEGO lines? What's the story for classic Pirate sets? Is there a story beyond just 'bad guys versus good knights' from classic castle sets?

Who? People are mad this isn't still BIONICLE, sure. But BIONICLE has consistently been a top-seller, and lasted nine years. When was the last time a 'popular' system line outside of generic city and AFOL-complaint-filled Star Wars lasted more than three years? Even beloved themes like castle and pirates pop up for a few years, then jump back into oblivion for years. And yet BIONICLE and the new replacement line (which looks to just be BIONICLE styled builds, which means ten years of this style) has gone on for almost ten years, un-interrupted. People want these. Even more than the more well-liked AFOL lines such as pirates and castle. It's time AFOLs got over it.

I'm not a "system only guy". I own several old-school Bionicle canisters, mostly Toa Nuva and Metru. I also follow Bionicle's epic story.

When I said "Older LEGO Fan: Is there more to the plot? Are the good guys fighting the bad guys to save a world that tiny people inhabit, or something to that effect?" I was actually hinting about the Bionicle story, which involves Toa protecting the tiny Matoran.

What I was trying to say before I edited my post was that this HerO Factory might be like the Ben 10 Alien Force sets, except with a possibly bad story. One huge reason why I like Bionicle is because of the unique story. Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

And yet BIONICLE and the new replacement line (which looks to just be BIONICLE styled builds, which means ten years of this style) has gone on for almost ten years, un-interrupted. People want these. Even more than the more well-liked AFOL lines such as pirates and castle. It's time AFOLs got over it.

I'd hate to burst your bubble, but the reason why Bionicle lasted more than other LEGO themes was because a majority of Bionicle consumers were just non-LEGO-addicted kids who weren't into the Bionicle story or MOCing with it. They just want to quickly build the model, shoot the launcher several times, and keep it built. The majority of all of the MOCists and story fans (like us) probably make up a fourth of the people who buy Bionicle, sadly. :sad:

Edited by Bricknave

VBBN said:

As someone who thought the serials were (for the most part) awesome, I can't really agree with it. Besides allowing characters in exclusive sets to get a spotlight (like Lessovikk and Mazeka), they also shed a lot of great info on the history of the Bionicle world, and allowed characters from previous years to get more time in the storyline than they would have normally. Sure, not all of them were great (Aside from the aformentioned Lessovikk, 2007's serials were fairly weak, as well as much of Reign of Shadows), but the good serials like Mutran's blog, Brothers in Arms, Riddle of the Great Beings, and Empire of the Skrall are really enjoyable, IMO.

I'd hate to burst your bubble, but the reason why Bionicle lasted more than other LEGO themes was because a majority of Bionicle consumers were just non-LEGO-addicted kids who weren't into the Bionicle story or MOCing with it. They just want to quickly build the model, shoot the launcher several times, and keep it built. The majority of all of the MOCists and story fans (like us) probably make up a fourth of the people who buy Bionicle, sadly.

Less, probably. But that's the same with system themes. The majority of consumers for those aren't interested in the type and scale of MOCing as those of us in the AFOL community are. They buy sets because they're cool looking, and are more interested in the final product than what LEGO lets them do piece-wise. But still, my point stands. There is clearly a market and desire for BIONICLE style builds, and as a theme that makes it more popular than the classically popular system themes. It's high time BIONICLE and BIONICLE style buids and sets become accepted within the greater community as just another theme. It's not going away, and it is fully compatible with system. I might lose it the next time I see some guy on Flickr or here say 'wow, you used Barnacle pieces in an actual good way, I'm shocked!!' And I'm sure we'll see the same with the new theme. It'll be "ew, these new barnacled sets aren't even real lego!11!"

It's been nine years. And we're LEGO fans. Build a bridge (with whichever type of LEGO produced building elements you prefer) and get over it.

We've seen, what...

Fuzzy thumbnails of some sets? And the possible names?

And we're assuming whether we're gonna get one or not, and even more, that the story might suck?

It also might be the next big epic story. It might not have a story.

How can we tell anything from these pictures and names?

On another note, I personally enjoyed the serials, but they did get out of hand. I lost track of the story starting around late 2007. There was a lot going on. >.>

I was okay with most of the serials, but I can't stand the way Greg just goes willy-nilly killing characters off, and I can't stand Vezon.

I love you so much. :D

-Omi

:laugh: I gotta agree with Omnicron, thats a pretty winning statement. Anyway I though this topic was about HERO not BIONICLE.

Another thought that hit me was that it is extremely likely that HERO will appear in some form in LEGO Universe. They'd want to promote it when LU comes out right?

Here's a link for you all HERO FACTORY IS ON THIS PAGE and 'Svelte' I think your fears are correct - you might have to get out a magnifying glass to see it but those numbers quoted are under 'bionicle' style boxes !

Pretty cool. They look like KK2 mixed in with Bionicle. :thumbup: (I liked KK2)

Edited by prateek

I was okay with most of the serials, but I can't stand the way Greg just goes willy-nilly killing characters off, and I can't stand Vezon.

Back in 2006, Vezon was a menacing, deranged badass. Why'd it all have to go wrong?

Back in 2006, Vezon was a menacing, deranged badass. Why'd it all have to go wrong?

Fan favorite characters eventually sell out. Wolverine, Batman, and soon, maybe even my beloved Deadpool might soon become too popular for their own good and become parodies of themselves.

So, I wish the taunting of catalog blurry pictures would end we'd get actual pictures of these guys. I'm interested, Lego Gods, now stop torturing me.

Hey. Guys.

I have a friend on BZPower, 13 years old, who lives in San Diego. He has apparently been contacted to take part in a "Playtest" of sorts for "Buildable figures." He does not know if this means the Hero Factory sets or something else, but he suspects it's Hero Factory.

He will do his best to take pictures, but he doubts he will be able to. If no pictures are taken, he will review the sets individually on another site; Perhaps here.

Don't hold me to this, for he very well could be lying. I'm just telling you because he says it will happen tommorow. If he does review them or take pictures, I'll let you guys know.

;D

-Mesonak

Hey. Guys.

I have a friend on BZPower, 13 years old, who lives in San Diego. He has apparently been contacted to take part in a "Playtest" of sorts for "Buildable figures." He does not know if this means the Hero Factory sets or something else, but he suspects it's Hero Factory.

He will do his best to take pictures, but he doubts he will be able to. If no pictures are taken, he will review the sets individually on another site; Perhaps here.

Don't hold me to this, for he very well could be lying. I'm just telling you because he says it will happen tommorow. If he does review them or take pictures, I'll let you guys know.

;D

-Mesonak

If he's doing a playtest for a LEGO line, it most likely won't be for the summer line-up of Hero Factory sets. We've already seen preliminary images, and with ToyFair in February, there's not much time for extra development. Most likely it'll be the winter '11 line-up. Or more Ben 10 sets? Who knows.

That's what I fear: More Ben 10 Sets.

Either way, with luck, we'll see (Or hear about) some new sets.

-Mesonak