Hero Factory 2010

57051370.jpg

wizardworld_2089_102879253.jpeg

57051255.jpg

57051138.jpg

57050974.jpg

57050843.jpg

Wizard World Magazine

Welcome to the place where real heroes are built! In this next generation story in LEGO® construction, heroes are designed, equipped and built depending on specific missions that beam in from across the galaxy and across time. Then they are dispatched in hero pods to defeat evil and solve a variety of missions.

7164 Preston Stormer

He�€™s the Hero Factory Alpha Team leader, having completed more missions than any other hero. Brave and tough, yet proud and competitive, he is armed with a built-in multi-functional ice weapon, featuring an ice saw, bolt shooter, and harpoon to stop anyone in their tracks.

$7.99

Available in AUGUST

7165 Natalie Breez

A Hero Factory rookie, training alongside Blaze, she is agile, a natural diplomat and always ready to give it everything she�€™s got. Armed with energized dual boomerangs and harpoon for climbing, she�€™s always ready to tackle any mission.

$7.99

Available in AUGUST

7167 William Blaze

A Hero Factory rookie on his final training mission, Blaze is smart, highly competitive and very confident. Armed with a dual fire shooter, he always has everyone�€™s back.

$7.99

Available in AUGUST

7168 Duncan Bulk

The toughest, strongest hero on the Hero Factory Alpha Team, Duncan has built-in heavy multifunctional metal weapons which shoot metal spheres, helping to protect everyone from danger.

$7.99

Available in AUGUST

7169 Mark Surge

The youngest rookie on the Hero Factory team, Surge is a little clumsy, yet highly competitive. He tends to have problems landing his hero pod, but his skill in manipulating his electrical shield, armor and lightning weapon makes up for it.

$7.99

Available in AUGUST

7170 Jimi Stringer

The most highly advanced hero on the Factory�€™s Alpha Team, Stringer is armed with a built-in multi-functional sonic weapon.

$7.99

Available in AUGUST

LEGO® HERO FACTORY out in August in NZ

7164 Preston Stormer

7165 Natalie Breez

7167 William Blaze

7168 Duncan Bulk

7169 Mark Surge

7170 Jimi Stringer

7147 XPlode

7148 Meltdown

7156 Corroder

7157 Thunder

LEGO® HERO FACTORY out in August in NZ

7164 Preston Stormer

7165 Natalie Breez

7167 William Blaze

7168 Duncan Bulk

7169 Mark Surge

7170 Jimi Stringer

7147 XPlode

7148 Meltdown

7156 Corroder

7157 Thunder

What's this, another new theme ?

I just posted about a new one I discovered on flickr, so how are you able to obtain this information 'AllanSmith', now I must have a closer look to any image sites for this now !

But a super hero theme of it's own makes sense to a point - could be lining up for a video game or even a tv series since they have a double kids media deal with Disney and Time-Warner.

But what themes are going by the wayside for this ?

Sounds interesting, I hope its real, I'm all over superheroes myself :grin:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I think it is the "new" Bionicle. Hope it gets to mesh and be visually compatible with Bionicle (of course it would be. It's LEGO)

Names seem cheesy. Haha. Hopefully, kids will be all over this.

Did a bit of digging - from a Danish blog-

Translated

Not entirely clear - figures or clothes? Perhaps a Dane can provide a better translation...

"Bionicle has existed for many years now, and now the replacement will soon come. The replacement will be called Lego Hero Factory. Initially it'll also say 'Bionicle' on the product, but later on Lego Hero Factory will replace Bionicle 100%.

Of course the toys will also be accompanied by children's clothes from Lego Wear. It'll be in fall 2010 that the first Lego Hero Factory children's clothes will come. There'll still be some Bionicle clothes, but presumably only in 2010."

Sorry, even in Danish the writing style is redundant. :tongue:

So figures, and clothes to promote 'em!

-Ikk

Edited by Ikki o' Moopyville

Sounds like LEGO is trying to include humans in the the new theme in hopes of having a Power Rangers/ Ben 10 situation. Why? Marketing, kids like stuff with humans, or maybe they want to do a live action film? Or this could be a "Boneheads from Voodoo Island" situation and they're trying to hide the true nature of the theme.

'Cause seriously, HerO Factory? NO ONE would name a toy that!

Smells like Bionicle-sized constraction figs to me....

I don't know if you guys remember me going to Lego Canada for take your kid to work day but Allan Smith is right, this new theme is set to take over bionicle in 2010, The person taking me through the tour said something about having the bionicle logo on these sets, but then in 2011, move it to strictly hero factory.

.... I don't really have anything to say, except that the reality that this is replacing Bionicle nearly made my head explode. Seriously, the storyline for this is sounding like it could be lamer than Galidor and Jack Stone combined - and the storyline of Bionicle is the biggest reason why I've stuck with that particular theme for so long.

Translation - I'm already about 99.999% I won't be buying any of these. :thumbdown:

7164 Preston Stormer

7165 Natalie Breez

7167 William Blaze

7168 Duncan Bulk

7169 Mark Surge

7170 Jimi Stringer

Human-like names have nothing to do with Bionicle so...

I don´t want Bionicle logo on these products...no I really don´t. I know these are only names and we know nothing about the storyline but...no just call it Her0 Factory from the beginning and leave Bionicle be.

Yeah that is a weird name. :wacko: Is their a factory that makes the heroes? Why is Lego discontinuing Bionicle anyway if they are a top seller? I'm always suprise to hear that they are such a big seller because I've never personally met or heard of anyone buying them. Most people don't even seem to know they exist in Lego. At least in the US. I want to buy one just to try it. I saw a video on youtube where a girl bought one for the first time. She said it was interesting and was like building your own action figure but she's not sure if she'd buy one again.

Yeah that is a weird name. :wacko: Is their a factory that makes the heroes? Why is Lego discontinuing Bionicle anyway if they are a top seller? I'm always suprise to hear that they are such a big seller because I've never personally met or heard of anyone buying them. Most people don't even seem to know they exist in Lego. At least in the US. I want to buy one just to try it. I saw a video on youtube where a girl bought one for the first time. She said it was interesting and was like building your own action figure but she's not sure if she'd buy one again.

most of the buyers are in the 12 and under range. I'm a fan of Bionicle, I buy them. I also have two nephews (Well, three) that buy BIONICLE. So there you go.

Oh, not to mention at least a third of BIONICLE fan site bzpower (14774 people), which, according to LEGO, only makes up less than 1% of BIONICLE buyers.

Edited by the last chronicler

This as BIONICLE's replacement is really disappointing. The sets look fine, but the names, eugh. So terrible. I can't believe they're replacing BIONICLE with something that has HUMANS in it. (Or at least Human names).

Even the non-Human-sounding names sound terrible. 'XPlode'!? What is this, for eight year olds!?!?

Oh wait. It is. Nevermind.

Anyway, it's really disappointing they scrapped BIONICLE for this. Let's hope this theme fails so they bring BIONICLE back sooner.

This as BIONICLE's replacement is really disappointing. The sets look fine, but the names, eugh. So terrible. I can't believe they're replacing BIONICLE with something that has HUMANS in it. (Or at least Human names).

Even the non-Human-sounding names sound terrible. 'XPlode'!? What is this, for eight year olds!?!?

Oh wait. It is. Nevermind.

Anyway, it's really disappointing they scrapped BIONICLE for this. Let's hope this theme fails so they bring BIONICLE back sooner.

Age range 7-12, so yes, it is for 8 year olds.

Why is Lego discontinuing Bionicle anyway if they are a top seller?

Good question - especially since Lego's supposed reason for doing this is so that they could be innovative, or something like that. But I wouldn't call this innovative - and I highly doubt it will sell nearly as well as Bionicle did. :tongue:

7164 Preston Stormer

7165 Natalie Breez

7167 William Blaze

7168 Duncan Bulk

7169 Mark Surge

7170 Jimi Stringer

Human-like names have nothing to do with Bionicle so...

I don´t want Bionicle logo on these products...no I really don´t. I know these are only names and we know nothing about the storyline but...no just call it Her0 Factory from the beginning and leave Bionicle be.

Well the Bionicle-esque elemental categorization is definitely there... Though I can't imagine what element Stringer resembles.

PREDICTIOn: William Blaze dresses in red, and is the leader. I just hope these aren't along the same lines as the "large figure" Knights's Kingdom sets. :sick:

Well, ignoring my utter hatred of these names, I think the elements are Ice, Wind, Fire, Electricity, Water, and Rock. So at least we get a new element out of this. Even if it is made of silver. Ugghh.

"Hero Factory" makes me think of an expansion of the lego digital designer program. From the very small pictures, I'd say they are good enough. I will purchase some of them, probably for parts, but doubt I'll pay attention to the story unless they get a comic to replace bionicle's.

Well, ignoring my utter hatred of these names, I think the elements are Ice, Wind, Fire, Electricity, Water, and Rock. So at least we get a new element out of this. Even if it is made of silver. Ugghh.

I think there's a chance that might actually be tan.

Something that I pointed out on the BIONICLE 2010 topic...

Does anyone remember that Greg has said that several movie companies wanted to do BIONICLE films with human kids and they said LEGO didn't want to do that?

And now we have BIONICLE-like sets that have human kid-sounding names...

Just throwing it out there. :tongue:

This is the new theme for 2010- I was going to wait until after christmas, but in any case, the photos are legit.

-VBBN