fenris

Historic LEGO Photography

Wow, that "Nightwatch" photo is brilliant! Love it! :thumbup:

Lol. Last one is great.

Dwarfs in snow are so cool.

There's a lot of great pictures here.

No idea if this thread is welcome here - mods feel free to delete or move it. Would be great if others would join in with their shots. Here are mine (I took them during a trip to Croatia - perfect setting for some "300" battle at Thermopylae shots.

You were in Croatia?

When? Where (Zagreb or only cityes on coast?)?

fenris, I love your Spartan photography! :classic:

"300" and "Thou shalt not pass" are the best ones in my opinion. Are all those shot with a Digital Ixus? I'm taking it macro mode is responsible for the awesomely shallow depth of fields in some of your pics. Or do you happen to know of another way to decrease depth of field with a digital still camera other than closing the aperture and zooming in (and macro)?

Cheers!

please, my friend, do not keep them to long on the sun! ;)

Wow, a whole new dimension to Lego! Great pictures with a minimum use of bricks! Simply marvelous. Great evocative story!

I feel sorry for the Lego Persians out there!

These are excellent, everyone!

I've taken a few shots of the Princess minifig in outdoor settings:

5700491052_4c53cedd24_z.jpg

The Princess in the Grand Hall by Gregorovich9, on Flickr

Although the gaps are too big, I thought that the wood on my balcony looked like the floor of a grand hall.

5699926639_d0e10fc9fa_z.jpg

The Princess in the Forest by Gregorovich9, on Flickr

This is my favourite background, but the sun glared in her face too much, and it's come up all blurry.

5700506640_c092bc35fe_z.jpg

The Princess in the Meadow by Gregorovich9, on Flickr

Other than the fact that her face is a little blurry, I think this one turned out alright.

Edited by Gregorovich

5752572010_06ca352c81.jpg

eurobricks.

Tried some shoots at the near lake. The suddenly: DUCKS! :D:

GEDC1668
Edited by Scop

How cute :wub: I'm surprised that the row-boat and the sawfish actually float (or did you place them on little rocks just under the surface?) and that the ducks didn't seem to care about your presence at all :laugh:

How cute :wub: I'm surprised that the row-boat and the sawfish actually float (or did you place them on little rocks just under the surface?) and that the ducks didn't seem to care about your presence at all :laugh:

No, no little rocks under them: 5755697278_0a96735f43.jpg

The row-boat actually floats very well as long as there is nothing on it. With minifigs it´s a bit complicated to keep it in balance. As you can see in the first posted picture, it´s already sunken a lot into the water. I don´t know, if it could carry a third minifig without sinking. But I will try. :D

The sawfish floats for some seconds - depending on the way you placed onto the water - then he turns sideways and may even sink when his "stomach" is filled with too much water and there is a lot of movement in the water. The new bulky Lego-shark is worse, he has too much space in the inside. Once filled with water, he goes down like a stone. ;)

Edited by Scop

Really neat pictures in here.

The sawfish floats for some seconds - depending on the way you placed onto the water - then he turns sideways and may even sink when his "stomach" is filled with too much water and there is a lot of movement in the water. The new bulky Lego-shark is worse, he has too much space in the inside. Once filled with water, he goes down like a stone. ;)

You might be able to stuff the hollow space inside of the shark with closed-cell foam to get it to float better.

WOW! these are all fantastic. I can't compare with these but this is a picture from my latest samurai moc that I though was really good. Hope you enjoy it :sweet:.

samurai_33.jpg

It all ends here...

Thanks, CB

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :)

I really like this thread and all the cool photos in here, the Spartans, the Samurais (so much action in there!), the Mafia and Gregorovich´s dark wood idea. :thumbup:

Meanwhile I was at the lake again and did some more photos, here you go:

5779294038_755b25a7a0.jpg

5779295638_3510654952.jpg

5778747899_67a3debb0b.jpg

5778751877_06f4efa585.jpg

5778750927_a50b3a66ca.jpg

5779324328_7a247c612d.jpg

Bigger Versions of the fotos in the flickr-stream: Flickr

Edited by Scop

Wow really nice Scop :thumbup:. I love them all, but the second is outstanding! I can't believe how you can put your lego in such places, I would be terrified of them getting dirty or lost *oh2*.

Keep up the good work everyone :sweet:.

Thanks, CB