Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Allied Avenger (set 6887) from the Blacktron II series

Hello everybody!

One of my favourite space sets when I was much younger was the Allied Avenger from the Blacktron II series (reference link), set 6887 that is. To illustrate this devotion, I'd like to share something special with you today. :classic:

It's tiny. It looks simple. But it took me several days to get it done, the miniaturized version of set 6887 - Balcktron Allied Avenger. :classic:

6887-mini-0.jpg

6887-mini-1.jpg

6887-mini-3.jpg

6887-mini-4.jpg

Just click the images or here instead to see the full gallery and building instructions. :classic: The angled wings are very compact, as the two elements had to be connetec plus attached somehow to the main body. The antennas are built using trans-neon green hooks from Aquashark minifigures. :classic:

That's it for today. I hope you'll like this little creation. Thanks for your time and stepping by. :classic:

Yours Christopher.

Excellent mini again from 'Legostein' - so simple yet so very trans-fluro-green - SWEET ! :grin:

Keep them comming 'Legostein' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

This is quite recognizable. :thumbup: I like the antenna technique you used, with the Aquashark hook hands.

Another great mini Legostein! After a quick look at the set at BL since I'm not familiar with 6887, I must say you really captured the overall shape of the Allied Avenger. I agree that the use of the trans-neon-green hook for the antenna is very clever. default_thumbup.gif

Perfect! Looks just like it. Only thing is, does the octo-pod detach to swap with the other sets, haha.

Hello,

and thank you everybody for your kind comments on Allied Avenger's miniaturized brother. :classic: It's a new aspect of space and mini building for me. It's fun and maybe there will be some more of this kind. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Great to see you back and building and posting again on our little site Chris :wink:

I take this as you are getting in order in the new appartment!

Blacktron was never a favorite of mine. To much wierd colours just to start with

(please don´t kick me out of the Sci-Fi forum).

Never the less with so few bricks I always get stunned of how accurate you get things.

And doing a replica of a actual LEGO set is just a brilliant idea!!

Will patientley wait to see you come up with new SW creations as well.

Hey Rickard!

I appreciate your comment even though you don't like the theme. :wink: There are some more miniaturized space vessls I'd like to show during the next weeks, but I also promise to push the Star Wars project forwards. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Chris

Nice! I have been experimenting with mini blacktron ships, but have not came out with a good one. Great and simple design Legostien!

Awesome. I hae the full sized version, again instantly recognizable.

I didn't even know those hooks came in trans colors.

This looks great, especially the antennae. Didn't know what it was at first since I'm not to familiar with sets that old. Once I saw the picture, I could see your expertise of accuracy in it.

Great job :thumbup:

Hello!

It seems this topic isstill going on. :wink: Thank you for the kind comments everyone! I hope to come up with some more space miniaturizations soon, besides the recent 6929 Starfleet Voyager. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

Quite recognizable, sure.

I guess the original is one of these little ships mostly perfect