Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3 discussion

A friend opened a box today; here is what was inside. Make of it what you will.

So it's looking like TLG is varying what is in each box, right? Initial reports said there were 2 fishermen, but then I see other lists like this where there are more than that. Has anyone else drawn the same conclusion?

A friend opened a box today; here is what was inside. Make of it what you will.

This is very unusual. I had not seen this combination before. Was the box "sealed"?

Yesterday, I decedid to pick 5 of the new series 3 minifigs up. Guess what I got: a racer, pilot, monkey and 2 elfs, the elfs are really awsome, but all the figs have a bit of a cheap feeling. And the pieces are hard to get on, especial the elfen hair.

This is very unusual. I had not seen this combination before. Was the box "sealed"?

Yes, it was definitely sealed, that's the point.

Are you actually keeping all bags and instructions??? Since it's all about the minifis for me to use them for my projects I just keep 5 instructions of each series and the bags go onto the bin right away.

I'm just keeping 1 instruction of each serie, why would you need more?

So S3 has finally hit German stores about a week ago (so much for that "late january" BS I got from a retailer!).

First box I actually found had only about 1/3 of its contents left. And to my surprise the dot-code-identification was more strenuous than anticipated! So I got me some gorillas, blacktrons, a pilot and a hula-girl.

Next day, in a bigger store, I found some unlpundered less crowded displays and took the hassle to get me 3 elves (identification for these buggers is the mother of all megablocks!) and trying to single out at least one fisherman. Got these and am satisfied! The new beard piece, although made of this dust-affine rubbery material, is an instant classic and needs to receive broader distribution in all hair colours and esp. in a black/white "flamed" variant for that all-so-butch salt'n'pepper-daddy look!

Also I found the "Dagger of Time" from PoP to be a perfect elven sword. And no, I don't find that BF version, which is obviously based on a movie-design, to be distinctively "elvish" at all. More like LOTR-fanboyism...

I helped the shop attendant with my cheat sheet, she was very interested and amazed by the current system :) but, It seems that Dutch distribution in effect does have the dots, I didn't look well enough before... But some marks are very difficult to see (especially at the right side) (and my eyes are quite good).

A lego shop employee said the latest batch of series 3 minifigures have changed dot patterns/lack them, which may explain the weird patterns on some of the polybags I looked at today. Truth or bull to prevent me from "cheating"?

A lego shop employee said the latest batch of series 3 minifigures have changed dot patterns/lack them, which may explain the weird patterns on some of the polybags I looked at today. Truth or bull to prevent me from "cheating"?

As far I can tell, that's actually true. I've picked up 8 elves so far and they have a different dot pattern than the one on the current cheat sheet. The new pattern is actually easier to spot. I suspect that LEGO may be mixing the codes on different batches to throw off AFOLs who are using them to score specific figures. It may also depend on where you live. Either way, the dot pattern is a guideline only.

Well, I got my first lot of minifigs the other day. I got five in total, which I picked using my foolproof method: making sure none of the dots were identical. :tongue:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to do the same in the future, unless I kept the bags they came in (which I did). I found that comparing the dots with the guide was rather difficult, and instead relied on different dots.

One thing that really annoys me is the price increase. Previously, the other series (which I missed!) were $3, and now, this series is priced at $5. No wonder the boxes were so full. I hear that there's a similar price increase in other places, too. :sceptic:

Yes and no... in the U.S., the first round were stamped with the code "138B0," and those with that code match the "published" list. Ones with newer codes do not match the published ones, nor does it seem clear there's any pattern. I just got a bunch of the older ones from S@H, so it's no help for me to try to compare dots.

I got problem identifying those dots.. Oh well, it is better to "feel" them and it is not that hard but at the end of the day, your thumbs will feel extremely numb.

I received my sealed box from Entertainment Earth today. The bags were marked "544B0." Here's what I got:

4 Fishermen

4* Pilots

3 Tribal Chiefs

4 Samurai Warriors

3 Snowboarders

3 Space Villains

5 Sumo Wrestlers

5 Mummies

3 Elves

4 Tennis Players

5 Race Car Drivers

4 Gorilla Suit Guys

3 Space Aliens

3 Hula Dancers

3* Rappers

4 Baseball Players

I put asterisks next to the Pilot and the Rapper because I left one of each unopened. I plan to give them to friends, and I'm reasonably sure that I've identified them correctly, as I've compared the dots to the other empty bags and felt the contents. Some of the dots corresponded to the guides, some didn't. I started trying to identify each fig before I opened it just for fun, but gave up until I found a pilot and a rapper. At that point, I started checking the dots again by comparing them to the empty pilot and rapper bags in order to set aside the aforementioned extras of each. Overall, I'm pleased with the loadout and am glad that I received a four-Fisherman box! Hopefully I'll be able to score some more Elves...

Sold out sold out!

Apparently there are too many AFOLs in Singapore. Yesterday evening one store released 2 boxes of series 3, and immediately there were 20+ AFOLs. When I went there this morning, there were no more elves, fishermen, tribal chiefs and samurais. I'm so angry. Contemplating to buy a box to myself.

I got problem identifying those dots.. Oh well, it is better to "feel" them and it is not that hard but at the end of the day, your thumbs will feel extremely numb.

Interesting. I made a small experiment with my nephew. We got 160 sealed bags of series 3. Before opening each we tried to guess which figure is inside, by "feeling" them. Fascinating that on average Alex (the nephew) guessed about 3 out of 10 minifigs, that is abour 30%, while I guessed about 8, which makes it 80%. What's the result? ) Become a customiser and develop sensitive fingers! Or just take me with you when you're going to get some collectible figures! :laugh:

Seriously speaking, I'm very satisfied with the figs and their quality. I used to have certain complaints about series 1 and partly 2, but series 3 looks absolutely amazing. Though, I can't really say that it was as useful to me as, say, series 2. Though 4 is going to cover that, I'm sure! ) :classic:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Oh yes oh yes. I managed to find a store with a fresh box and got 1 elf, 2 samurais and 2 tribal chiefs. No fisherman though. Got a mummy too, to scare my son!

First of all I'm not sure if I'm going to fully complete series 3, as I didn't even wanted to have some in previous series,

so not having all 16 of them either. Still I hope to get as many as possible.

A few days ago I bought 8 packs and I got;

- Tribal Chief

- Samurai

- Female Snowboarder

- Mummy (somehow I got 2 mummies by mistake)

- Female Tennis Player

- Gorrila suit Guy

- Baseball Player

I'm still missing one of my fav.: the Hula Dancer ofcourse.

But I'm also looking for; Elf, Race car Driver, Space Villan and Rapper.

Maybe I will get a Fisherman, a Pilot, a Space Alien and Sumo Wrestler in the end (in that order of most wanted).

We'll see what the development of that will bring me in the near future.

It's a bummer that you won't get any spare parts, so far I know series 3 is not release with those familier spare parts.

One more thing here where I live (Belgium) the prices DIDN'T rise a bit :wub: so I don't understand why they did that elsewhere *huh*

I noticed a weird thing today, it seems at the dot codes wont appear in Finland, there isnt either the old code system anymore. Anyone has noticed the same problem? or is it just in Finalnd. :sceptic:

Captain Becker

First of all I'm not sure if I'm going to fully complete series 3, as I didn't even wanted to have some in previous series,

so not having all 16 of them either. Still I hope to get as many as possible.

A few days ago I bought 8 packs and I got;

- Tribal Chief

- Samurai

- Female Snowboarder

- Mummy (somehow I got 2 mummies by mistake)

- Female Tennis Player

- Gorrila suit Guy

- Baseball Player

I'm still missing one of my fav.: the Hula Dancer ofcourse.

But I'm also looking for; Elf, Race car Driver, Space Villan and Rapper.

Maybe I will get a Fisherman, a Pilot, a Space Alien and Sumo Wrestler in the end (in that order of most wanted).

We'll see what the development of that will bring me in the near future.

It's a bummer that you won't get any spare parts, so far I know series 3 is not release with those familier spare parts.

One more thing here where I live (Belgium) the prices DIDN'T rise a bit :wub: so I don't understand why they did that elsewhere *huh*

Hey, I live in Belgium too,but I can't seem to find any series 3.

So here is my question, where did you find these?

Hey, I live in Belgium too,but I can't seem to find any series 3.

So here is my question, where did you find these?

It seem they can only be found (so far) at the Dreamland. They still got series 1 and 2 too.

Did try the FUN toy shop, but no succes. I hope they will sell them elsewhere soon.

I found one full box and a half full box at Target in the U.S.A, ironically I bought a complete set of 16 from brink link just a month ago.

So I did the sensible thing and randomly picked out 45 and bought them. :laugh:

Well, I got my first lot of minifigs the other day. I got five in total, which I picked using my foolproof method: making sure none of the dots were identical. :tongue:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to do the same in the future, unless I kept the bags they came in (which I did). I found that comparing the dots with the guide was rather difficult, and instead relied on different dots.

One thing that really annoys me is the price increase. Previously, the other series (which I missed!) were $3, and now, this series is priced at $5. No wonder the boxes were so full. I hear that there's a similar price increase in other places, too. :sceptic:

I found the dots pretty easy to identify using the cheat sheet posted on FBTB. Elves are a cinch with their oblong cluster of bumps on the left side.

I noticed a weird thing today, it seems at the dot codes wont appear in Finland, there isnt either the old code system anymore. Anyone has noticed the same problem? or is it just in Finalnd. :sceptic:

At least all the Series 3 I've seen in Tampere have dots, though not all of them seem to match with the published cheat sheet (I've seen packages with serial numbers 239BO and 142BO). On Monday I found a full box of Series 3 and felt it through until I found the first elf, then I went through the rest of the box comparing the dots and thus scored three elves. It remains to be seen whether I can be content with that... Feeling the packages got easier the more you did it, though luckily I'm not interested in any of the harder-to-identify figures.

And now the instructions on the dot-usage in Finnish, in case that helps Capt. Becker: Kyseessä ei siis ole mitkään painomusteella tehdyt pisteet vaan pikkuruiset nypykät tai kuplat muovikääreessä. Ne löytyvät pussin takapuolelta alasaumasta. Samassa saumassa on myös pussien valmistukseen liittyvä sarjanumero, kuten 142BO. Kääntele pussia eri kulmissa valon alla, niin nypyköiden pitäisi erottua pieninä varjoina. :classic:

Thanks haltiamieli, now i see :classic: Next time when i go to store i will carefully watc every pack at i wont buy the same figs like yestarday :cry_sad:

Captain Becker

I have a question about the price increase for series 3; is it also in Canada?

Puck :tongue: