Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3 discussion

Or maybe LEGO just prefers the look of the new texture for some reason (can't exactly see why they'd do this for that reason alone, though, given the backlash that emerged after similar aesthetic changes-- for instance, the changes from greys to bleys). Perhaps there's some merit to your assertion that LEGO's just gotten to the point where they can count on people buying their products even if there are complaints about their consistency. I know for certain that many buyers will continue to buy sets even as they complain about their quality. Given that the alternative is not buying LEGO sets at all, and that there's not yet a clone brand with the same aesthetic quality, design quality, and fan community as LEGO bricks, most people are willing to make allowances for quality issues if a set or theme is appealing enough in terms of design.

I don't know, but FWIW I for one do actually like the matte finish on at least some of the collectible minifigures quite a lot. For some in basic colors we see a lot, such as black (the ninja, magician, etc.), I believe I would prefer the more traditional shiny minifigures, but on others, particularly the clown and most of the ones with torsos in various tans and browns (caveman, tribal hunter, cowboy, Spartan, etc.), I really like the matte finishes. Perhaps TLG was thinking the same thing.

I really like the elf, it has a cool shield as well!

The elf is the only one I like from these. I'll buy 1 or 2 copies.

Same here. Though I have a few other I like as well.

Same here. Though I have a few other I like as well.

I'm going to try to get my hands on as many tennis players as possible! LOVE that fig! :wub:

Does anyone else want the baseball bat to recreate mafia scenes?

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm dying to get that bat, maybe recreate The Untouchables when Robert Dinero bashes in that guys head lol.

I just need to buy some lego guys in suits from bricklink to get the mafiosos.

I'm going to try to get my hands on as many tennis players as possible! LOVE that fig! :wub:

I do as well. She's really awesome! I can finally give my Sig fig a tennis racket! :sweet:

Last week I talked with my local Lego dealer and he let me show the new retailers catalog for the first half of 2011.

As far as I could make up from the catalog, the 4th line will be in orange.

I like the tennis player also very much. Would she be one of the most sought?

Edited by Wout

I like the tennis player also very much. Would she be one of the most sought?

I think she will. There are a lot of town collectors who want more female figs. If you think of the collectible female figs so far the only one that hasn't been very popular is the witch. I think thats because she's not very useful in a town, and the castle and HP collectors probably already have a witches hat, and a green head is limited. The tennis player wont be a cheerleader but I think she will probably come close. It looks like the elf will be the army builders favorite though.

I think she will. There are a lot of town collectors who want more female figs. If you think of the collectible female figs so far the only one that hasn't been very popular is the witch. I think thats because she's not very useful in a town, and the castle and HP collectors probably already have a witches hat, and a green head is limited. The tennis player wont be a cheerleader but I think she will probably come close. It looks like the elf will be the army builders favorite though.

I hope not. I think the elf and the baseball players and the male rapper will. :cry_happy:

thanks K-D for the news, i'll make sure to pack up on these guys, sounds better than series 2, but not as good as 1, can't wait for them to come out!

Edited by CarrollFilms

thanks K-D for the news, i'll make sure to pack up on these guys, sounds better than series 2, but not as good as 1, can't wait for them to come out!

The only thing I'm not looking forward too is that there will be no Bar codes. :sadnew:

Im actually kinda glad there wont be bar codes now...Im sure everyone is going to hate me for this, but I was a spartan hoarder.

I advocated against hoarding on brickset for a long time, but only 1 or 2 people agreed with me, many made fun of me and just came up with arguments about stocking up to trade, or for MOCs and some just said if you put in the work, then you deserve it. Well they didn't actually convince me, but I decided to hunt down spartans so the AFOLs in my area wouldn't be able to find any and then they would see how it felt! I put many miles on my car doing so, and had many wasted trips, and hit targets/walmarts over 100 mile stretch! (The rest of my family lives about 100 miles north of me, so i just killed two birds with one stone basically.) All in all, I got 54 spartans, 2 complete sets (one opened, one bagged), duplicates of ones I may need for future mocs, (surfers, vamps, pharo, mexican) and actually a few other spares for trading or whatever.

The whole ordeal was very exhausting, and expensive. But I did get an amazing thrill, the excitement of walking into a store and seeing the blue bags staring at you from the end of the aisle, I even had talking to employees/customer service and getting them to pull them from the stock room down to a science!

I felt bad a lot as well, as my initial reason for advocating against hoarding was I was afraid it would take away from the kids legitimately trying to complete sets without bar codes, I would feel really bad if a little kid was always harassing his parents to take him to the store in hopes of finding the spartan he was missing, and it never being there. Well the only way I justified some of my actions, is that out of the dozens of stores I went to, only 2 times did I ever completely take ALL the spartans they had. I would either leave one box untouched, or leave at least one spartan behind.

So conclusion, Its not that I didn't enjoy hoarding, I kinda did, and would probably hoard the elfs if I could. See I don't have the self restraint, I actually got a complete set back in august when they were supposed to be released in the states sometime in september. And I felt that it was too easy getting the set so that's kinda what sparked my hunt as well, I needed the challenge. Basically, without the barcodes, I CANT hoard, and that's good for everybody, including myself. If I could do it again I probably would, but I don't want to, so now I can't. :grin:

Edited by yys4u

Glad your coming to terms with your hoarding problem :tongue:

I'm also glad there aren't any barcodes, but since I haven't seen any collectible minifigs at all where I live. I'll probably have to buy them all online again. :hmpf_bad:

Glad your coming to terms with your hoarding problem :tongue:

I'm also glad there aren't any barcodes, but since I haven't seen any collectible minifigs at all where I live. I'll probably have to buy them all online again. :hmpf_bad:

lol, both s1 and 2 are still in the stores here in Sweden!!

lol, both s1 and 2 are still in the stores here in Sweden!!

Could you get me some S1 and ship it to the US? It never reached stores in my state. :classic:

Edited by Mrlegoninja

Could you get me some S1 and ship it to the US? It never reached stores in my state. :classic:

Same here. I've visited 3 Targets, a Walmart, and 2 Toys R Us stores and have yet to see even a trace of any minifig packets. I don't even see empty spaces on the shelves for them. I'm going to be buying boxes from shady local wholesellers for series 3. (Unless they still have barcodes, in which case I'll buy a set 16 unique packs on ebay.)

I only found Series 1 in stores, but didn't have the barcodes on me, so I could only make sure I didn't get duplicates. Ordered Series 2 from S@H, only by luck did I get no duplicates. Ah well, I'll have to do it again. :sadnew:

I haven't even seen a packet yet.

But enough of this availability. Why does everyone dislike the cyborg again? :tongue:

Does anyone else want the baseball bat to recreate mafia scenes?

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm dying to get that bat, maybe recreate The Untouchables when Robert Dinero bashes in that guys head lol.

I just need to buy some lego guys in suits from bricklink to get the mafiosos.

yys4u,

If you can't wait to get your hands on an official baseball bat, Minifigforlife/Brickarms do a very nice one. One of my zombies has one. :sweet:

Hope that helps,

Amps

PS Apologies if this is OT but I like to help out AFOLs in need.

Despite the fact that the Collectable Minifigures series do not belong to any specific existing theme, they contain subthemes of their own.

The subthemes I've deduced so far are (the unconfirmed third series figs are put in quotations marks):

Beach (Diver, Lifeguard, Surfer, "Hawaiian Girl")

Circus (Clown, Magician, Ringmaster,"Gorilla")

Fantasy ("Elf")

Fighting (Super Wrestler, Karate Master, "Sumo Wrestler")

History (Caveman, Forestman, Explorer, Pharaoh, Spartan)

Horror (Zombie, Vampire, Witch, "Mummy")

Hospital (Nurse, "Surgeon")

Japan (Ninja, "Samurai")

Music (Disco Dude, Pop Star, "Dancer", "Male Singer")

Space (Spaceman, Robot, "Alien")

Sports (Cheerleader, Weightlifter, Skier, "Ferrari Driver", "Snowboarder", "Baseball Player")

Town (Skater, Mime, "Fisher")

Traffic (Demolition Dummy, Traffic Cop)

Western (Tribal Hunter, Cowboy, Mariachi, "Native American Chief")

Feel free to disagree with me on these, or make up your own subthemes. :wink:

Great point!

Hello,aachir I checked my diver tank and squidman head. The result is that the air tank puts no stress on the head but the head bends the front of the tank a little,maybe that was enough to convince TLG not to add the tank,or because it is already too expensive for the price. :tongue:

Hello,aachir I checked my diver tank and squidman head. The result is that the air tank puts no stress on the head but the head bends the front of the tank a little,maybe that was enough to convince TLG not to add the tank,or because it is already too expensive for the price. :tongue:

Thats really interesting, could you give us a picture of that? :classic: