Klaus-Dieter

2011 City sets

Thanks for the pics!

Police chase looks good. I like the sleek police crusier. :classic:

Bank is what I'm not sure about. The truck looks ok, but the rest isn't very good. I think I'll have to wait for interior pics to decide on this one. :sceptic:

I'm not much for larger City sets or buildings, but that bank is nice. I'd prefer it more if that armoured van was released separately, though, because that's probably the highlight for me.

Nonetheless, the bank itself is nice despite how plain it may be. I don't think the set will fit into my price range though, which is a shame.

If you look closely at the bank, there are flowers on both floors....pitty it doesn't come with a female teller/bank manager.

Keep on banking ! :sweet:

P.S. I'm not a fan of the trike :thumbdown: , we don't have those in Australian police forces....in fact anywhere in the world ? :grin:

I like both sets. :thumbup:

By the way, can anyone tell what's supposed to be in the background of the police chase set?

I think its a street corner with a camera or one of those things that takes your speed cant think of what there called. In other words more pieces to raise the price.

Edited by LEGOMAN132

Thanks for the pics!

Police chase looks good. I like the sleek police crusier. :classic:

Bank is what I'm not sure about. The truck looks ok, but the rest isn't very good. I think I'll have to wait for interior pics to decide on this one. :sceptic:

Hi everyone,

I have exactly the same feeling about this police cruiser - for me, it looks just like Mad Max car, don't You think?

But this Bank... I mean come on. It's a bad joke.

Like someone else wrote - it's like moving into direction of those other strange companies which are making ugly copies of real lego.

P.S. I'm not a fan of the trike :thumbdown: , we don't have those in Australian police forces....in fact anywhere in the world ? :grin:

Do a quick search for police trike

I found this one on the first page

trident.jpg

personally I like the new bank. The architechture is very intreguing as well as it being a corner building so it will fit into the buildings that we already have

Been too long since we've had an updated bank. It's a bit plain but if they want to go with a bank in an older style building, they can do that for the next Cafe Corner style set. I kind of like it.

The police chase set looks cool, much better than the Town Jr one we had years ago. Would have been kind of cool if they would have some spike strips or barricades but you can just add that on yourself.

Speaking of buildings we haven't got an update on a while, I wonder when we might get another motocycle dealer...or maybe an eventual car dealership?

The Bank Transfer set looks like a promising addition to City civilian buildings considering I failed to get the last bank set released (pictured a couple pages back in this thread).

I wasn't too enthusiastic about the bank on first sight, but it is growing on me. I hope we get a good view of the interior soon--as well as a look at what the background element in the police chase set is.

Same here, I mainly buy City sets for the vehicles as I prefer Modular buildings, but even the building is growing on me. The vehicles in this set seem pretty good and since I don't intend to buy any of the other police sets, this would actually be my first new police car since the World City police series. I guess it all depends on the price. As to the 'background element' in the police set. It's a sidewalk with a speed camera and two traffic signs. Nothing special there, but I guess it adds to the playability of the set.

I actually like the bank, if only because it's completely unexpected... I was beginning to think there weren't going to be any buildings in 2011 other than police and space buildings.

It could have been a lot more bland... I like the 'different' architecture.

I think that both of these sets are a great addition to the police line with numbered cars including the awesome one from the police chase which I like better than the bank.The downside of the police chase is it comes with a three wheel bike and I dont even have one police motorcycle.Also,ugh, another red sports car.Maybe lets try the color blue on a car for once lego.And the bank also nice with a good police car and a classic[but good]looking bank.Also, the truck and safes look cool.Unfortunatly,they replace the money with green suitcases.Lego suitcases can only fit one stud!

:yoda: "Eating pancakes I do like"

:vader: "I Want Syrup on my waffles!"

:cry_sad: "I'll...I'll get you some syrup sir if...you stop...choking me"

An average star wars breakfest at Ihop

Unfortunatly,they replace the money with green suitcases.Lego suitcases can only fit one stud!

Also they can fit coins in them.

When I first looked at the bank I thought of lego racers default_wacko.gif The bank is nice but I think I'll have to change the colour scheme abit.

I'm lovin those police cars, They are just AWESOME.

Also,ugh, another red sports car.Maybe lets try the color blue on a car for once lego.

In their defence, they DID include a blue convertible in the Creator 'Town Home' (I think that was the name...the tan one). All it needed to fit into 'City' was a steering wheel.

In their defence, they DID include a blue convertible in the Creator 'Town Home' (I think that was the name...the tan one). All it needed to fit into 'City' was a steering wheel.

And you can't forget the blue smart car in the Cargo Train set.

Well,lets see.A yellow sports car was just released in public transport,in 2008 gas station,2009 city corner bus.Red has been in 2008 cargo train,police case 2011,2009 sports car,2011 mobile police unit.White in small car and ALL police cars.pink,purple,brown,and even grey not god colors.So we are left with black,green,and blue for some new cars.I would like any of these colors as a car.besides, I dont have any blue cars in my town.Finally,cant we get any criminals that dive a van or a norma sudan?OH MY GOSH!

Wait,what?That veichle had no steering wheel?Wow the is pathetic!

That bank looks interesting I don't really like the colour scheme tough. But its still a great set :sweet:

And you can't forget the blue smart car in the Cargo Train set.

And the normal white and black one!

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

While at work at Toysrus today, I decided to search the computer for the new Bank set. This is what I could find about it:

It is being released on the 10th of January and will apparently be an exclusive to Toysrus here in Denmark.

The price is listed as 440 kr.

While at work at Toysrus today, I decided to search the computer for the new Bank set. This is what I could find about it:

It is being released on the 10th of January and will apparently be an exclusive to Toysrus here in Denmark.

The price is listed as 440 kr.

Thanks 'Christian' for the information, so it's a TRU exclusive....but what about the police chase set...that had the exclusive stars to for Oz and Kiwi lands....which retailer will get that one ?

Keep on waiting for 2011 ! :sweet:

Ah, I see now that it's a speed camera. I suppose that does add something, but it's odd to have a sidewalk without a road. Oh, well--a roadplate would drive the price up.

I have exactly the same feeling about this police cruiser - for me, it looks just like Mad Max car, don't You think?

It does have a very Mad Max vibe--it also reminds me of the red car from the World Racers "Wreckage Road" set, just scaled down (and that set reminded me of Mad Max, as well).

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the new Police sets are available on S@H.

I just posted in the Aussie sales area....15th of January for city police sets.

Now S@H for Oz, not yet though.....yeah, that thing down under last again ! :hmpf_bad:

Aw, well.....keep on waiting for 2011. :classic:

police_sets_2011_0.jpg

I have been building a whole bank district on LDD to get bricks for it on bricklink, This is very cool.

I will have to add it to my bank company "B.A.M.P" Banking America's Pockets. :laugh: