Klaus-Dieter

2011 City sets

Thanks for those pictures Brickviller default_thumbup.gif, Those sets look very interesting especially the Space rocket and the shuttle. I think that I will be getting everyone of the space sets and maybe a few of the police default_classic.gif

Thanks 'Brickviller' for those pictures too, the going city space set I would consider is the big rocket launch pad. The others don't seem to impress me much. :sceptic:

Anyway, keep on waiting for 2011 ! :sweet:

Edit by WhiteFang: There is absolute no need to quote the entire post again which could eventually thin your scroll bar. Thanks.

Strak zoekwerk.. !!!!

Edited by WhiteFang
Removed the entire chunk of pictures quote

Thanks for the pics Brickviller, those sets look great. I definitely be getting some of them. :thumbup:

~buddy~

Nice pics, but 30 Euros for the Shuttle means $40 CAD. I ain't paying that much!

Hopefully the price is about that is Australia. Unlikely but I am hopeful. The strong Aussie Dollar should help I would think.

The sets look good. Defiantly room for expansion and some serious modding. Also look like they will be released in January. Can't wait!

well the launch pad is said to cost $69 US and well even though I am getting that one, the shuttle transport from the 1990's was way better then the modern shuttle...geeeeeeze that one looks cheesy.

6346-1.jpg?0very nice

H15031_A_M.jpgCHEEEEZY!

well the launch pad is said to cost $69 US and well even though I am getting that one, the shuttle transport from the 1990's was way better then the modern shuttle...geeeeeeze that one looks cheesy.

6346-1.jpg?0very nice

H15031_A_M.jpgCHEEEEZY!

Wow, that shuttle IS cheezy.

Very interesting development on this new CITY Space subtheme, thanks for sharing these pics Brickviller! Thay all look great IMO, it's nice to see these being remade again, it's like a breath of fresh air once more. I think the must-buys for me here are the Shuttle and the Space Van sets.

Thanks for the great pics!

They do look great, but I still only want space van set.

The shuttle looks terrible! I'd rather buy the 100 dollar shuttle adventure than that! :classic:

Thanks for the great pics!

They do look great, but I still only want space van set.

The shuttle looks terrible! I'd rather buy the 100 dollar shuttle adventure than that! :classic:

well hope fully the rest of the 2011 stuff is not being designed by the same person that did that new shuttle...

Lego needs to remember that 25% are kids buying and 25% are adults buying for kids and the big 50% is adults buying for themselves... if they can't be clued in on this major thing then the adults will probably start buying less and Moc'ing up stuff from scratch instead of buying such a under thought kit as that new shuttle... I hate that they leave the hinges right out in the open and malty color them like so say "Woopy Look at me" For real does city sets need flaps on their wings? Really? Look at the air port theme... No flaps right?

:sing: Then why lego why... if it was not for them loud color flaps the shuttle would not look AS bad :wink:

Edited by exon_from_youtube

Lego needs to remember that 25% are kids buying and 25% are adults buying for kids and the big 50% is adults buying for themselves... if they can be clued in on this major thing then the adults will probably start buying less and Moc'ing up stuff from scratch instead of buying such a under thought kit as that new shuttle... I hate that they leave the hinges right out in the open and malty color them like so say "Woopy Look at me" For real does city sets need flaps on their wings? Really? Look at the air port theme... No flaps right?

Just to let you know, you're information is totally wrong. TLG themselves have released their sales whatchamacallit, and AFOL purchases are way less than 50% (I forget the exact percentage).

Just to let you know, you're information is totally wrong. TLG themselves have released their sales whatchamacallit, and AFOL purchases are way less than 50% (I forget the exact percentage).

If I remember correctly it was estimated to be about 5%.

:oh3: Finally a proper chase set!

But I've got to admit, that bank sucks.

Though, you gotta admit it far better than this set below......right ! :laugh:

6566-1.jpg

Still the new bank does seem to have a dark edge to it (would suit Batman minifigs easy :wink:

But it's hard to compare anything for the last real bank was in 1990....remember this one..

1490-1.jpg

Anyway, for what I can see in my son's newly arived catalogue :grin: there is a big safe up stairs, a teller counter and ATM downstairs....mmm, wait a minute does that last bit I think someone made something similar......not naming names ! :wink:

On the chase set, love that police cruiser....sweet looking and the way we are going with different style and colour sports cars.....maybe one day a car dealership set eh ?

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Though, you gotta admit it far better than this set below......right ! :laugh:

6566-1.jpg

It's just a modern version of this. But to be fair, a lot of sets from that era are just older versions of current sets.

As for that 1990 set, I'd love a modern version of that! :wub:

Great minds must think alike, I agree with you 'prateek' a more modern redesign of the 1990 set might have been better. Still you get a few extras, I feel this is a starter set... you know for a kid starting out in Lego....a building...a car....good and bad people, etc., lets hope for that supermarket, hardware store, post office or a fresh new even more modern service station.

Note - both the new police station and bank buildings seem to have....wait for it....a downpipe but no guttering.....handy for those escapes and break-ins ! :devil:

Keep on waiting a few more weeks ! :wink:

You know a picture speaks a thousand words.....enjoy......

Are they really bringing back that silly <insert that tiresome argument> trike again? :hmpf_bad: The cars in the chase set look pretty decent though. Not sold on the bank either, but what else would you expect in a (modern) City set? Is that a new 2 x 1 x 6 windscreen piece on the the money van and gray roller doors? :classic:

Also, do they have some sort of new inverted slope for the backs of the cars?

Thanks for this brand new photo LT! I'm lovin' the new cars in the Police chase set! default_wubnew.gif They finally redesigned the police car for a sleeker look, the other car looks great too. It's also good to know they've finally made a bank, it has been eons since the last one came out.

Edited by KielDaMan

The police chase cop car looks like some sick Mustang/Camaro cop car.

Do want.

Also, the bank.... what to say, what to say...

If I were to put a bank on my city, it would either be: Modular-style with brick/stone walls and house-like windows, much like my local banks here... or, get 50 (LOL) copies of that 3661 and make a slick skyscraper out of it. I want, because of that armored van, though.

But I've got to admit, that bank sucks.

It's quite good IMO - a fairly decent-sized building with just the right amount of details, a nice armored bank van, a goon in a motorbike, two bank personnel and a cop in a police car. Not bad at all for a set that is intended to be a necessary addition in any town/city layout. We wouldn't expect every building in a town/city to be modular-types would we?

Also, do they have some sort of new inverted slope for the backs of the cars?

Yeah I see it too, inverted curved slopes at the underside of the back of the car. Or then again, it maybe just the normal curved slopes positioned in such way by using the multi-studded 1x1 brick.

Edited by KielDaMan

You know a picture speaks a thousand words.....enjoy......

police_sets_2011_0.jpg

Keep on saying happy, happy, joy, joy ! :laugh:

Bah, both sets are marked with the green/red star that mean they will be "store exclusives" in Australia and New Zealand.

Is that the return of the 3-wheeler motorcycle in the police chase set?

Bank looks like a "maybe" (depending on seeing better pics), police chase looks like a "no" unless it has some REALLY good parts/figs in it.

So many wonderfull things to buy in 2011.

Thankfully LEGO has enough stuff for 2011 that I dont want (NinjaGo, Pharoh's Quest, Hero Factory, Racers, Technic, most of the Atlantis stuff etc) that I can afford the things I do want (City police, City space, Atlantis Temple, Diagon Alley)

Every building is 16 wide, good for kids,

if you shorten the 3221 you get 2 new floors (if that's a roof window I see there)

but the rounded corner of the new police station would have been more slick - as corner or upper floor glass balcony.

A red car was unexpected!

I would have been happy for a 1x2 curved slope, but I guess that is the 2x4 curved slope with the most boring gray sticker produced.

Give me the 7 makes and colors car collection next year...