KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

I do think this is a big improvement. I got the '07 one because it was on sale and I had some Loyalty Card stamps to redeem, but even with the discounts I regret the purchase. It's a giant lump o' curved slopes with tons of gaps. :sick:

Well, it's good for parts...

Anyone else find it strange that we've seen minifigures for all the summer sets, even the advent calendar, except for the Hoth Base?

so....is anakin's hilt just a preliminary error, or are we actually getting a two coloured hilt?

I think it's just an effect caused by the swing of Savage's red blade that is making it look like it's two colored. I think it's the same silver hilt as always, as cool as a two-colored hilt would be.

Anyone else find it strange that we've seen minifigures for all the summer sets, even the advent calendar, except for the Hoth Base?

Best guess is that is a TRU/Target/WalMart exclusive and they don't want to release images of it. The Battle for Geonosis, remember, was revealed only through the instruction booklet for Battle of Naboo.

There´s a lot of complaints about the new Millennium Falcon regarding it´s small mandibles, but looking at the real model they´re actually ok sized, however the lack of bricks makes a gap between the mandibles and the main hull making the mandibles look smaller. Also, the oversized cockpit makes everything else look small. I will definately buy this anyway since I do not have any of the earlier versions and it´s a great set. Can´t wait to start doing mods and adding details to the interior.

I suggest you read the first post CommanderFox, since all of the info is there. The Clones in the Frigate are Commander Wolfe and one of his Clone regiment.

The videogames are never indicators of the actual minifigures we will expect to see, and even when LEGO does put out figures of characters who first appeared in LEGO form in a game, they often look different in their plastic versions.

Thanks for that info Cloney :sweet: My friend will be stoked they are finally releasing Wolfe! This year is proving good for clones, first Rex rerelease, now Wolfe and one of his squad! :thumbup:

Yeah, that was what I thought, but still its a pretty good trailer.

CF

Well as an owner of the last minifig scale falcon I gotta say I quite like the look of the new one. Not a huge differance, but some nice tweaks here and there. A lot of bits could do with a mod, but that is whats great about Lego in the first place :thumbup:

And its nice to see its availible again for people who missed out on the other versions, If I didn't already have one id pick this ome up in a shot.

Love the Ewoks in the Endor set, and nice to see a Speeder Bike included- but the 'tree stump' thing is pretty boring. Be getting the set for the minifigs alone though. Mind you the stump will make an Ok addition to the Bunker set.

Shame there's not more OT sets, but I guess there's still Echo Base to be revealed...

Yoda Claus :laugh:

Thanks. Glad so many mini-models, but thought the figures would be higher. but these will suffice

Edited by Igoran

Looks good so far, even if the A-wing looks a little half-hearted. I guess we'll be getting more than those in it, as there's only 12 things on the box, unless they split some of the models over a few days. Based on the Castle calendar this year, that shouldn't happen, but you never know with Star Wars sets.

Just for Santa Yoda......I want this set.....forget those micro builds......but I count only 5 figures and 7 micro-models.....where are the other 12 items eh ? :wink:

And remember Santa Yoda said 'Children, be good....you must !' :grin:

Haha! My wife loves Yoda so now I can buy multiples of this calendar without her nagging. :classic:

Looks like he has one of them new open backpacks in dark brown on his back.

There´s a lot of complaints about the new Millennium Falcon regarding it´s small mandibles, but looking at the real model they´re actually ok sized, however the lack of bricks makes a gap between the mandibles and the main hull making the mandibles look smaller. Also, the oversized cockpit makes everything else look small. I will definately buy this anyway since I do not have any of the earlier versions and it´s a great set. Can´t wait to start doing mods and adding details to the interior.

It's less about how small they are (although that is an issue too), but more the general 'shape.' They're too acute, narrow, look like they fit too poorly to the saucer section. The 4504 had small mandibles too, but they at least retained the general shape, and had the sense to use a 2x1 clear tile for the flood-lamps instead of a single stud.

Blegh, I like most other people were probably so excited for this advent calendar.

Seems like not much thought was put into the minis.

looking at Yoda's backpack, it seems like maybe a new mould, it goes to far up to be the open one.

Yeah, I'm thinking it'll be similar to the Venator playset.

Similar in that the front hinges up, perhpas, but I highly doubt there will be room for anything in ther besides some storage space, as fallenangel suggested.

As for the ship being shiny, I guess it isn't really in the films. I always imagine it being a little shiny, but that could just be my bad memory. In any case, I still find it to be quite ugly, and would've rathered see Padme's ship where the duel actually takes place.

Fallenangel is also correct that, with so much new content, there have not been any CW rehashes, unless you count CW versions of the AT-TE, RGS and AAT, each of which were enhanced from their older, crappier versions. I find it unlikely that we will ever see CW rehashed ship, since there are always new ones appearing the show that LEGO can draw upon for sets.

I don't know where all of the complaints about the Falcon are coming from either. Though I only have the original version myself, I have seent he second version and I thought that is was a vast improvement upon the original, and a fine set in its own right. I think that the flaps on the roof are a great way to make the circular shape and have wonderful, easily accessed playability, and this new version seems to have more interior details than the other two, or at least better-designed details. If some of the sizing is a little off, oh well. That's a toy for you. And the fact that you can only seat two figures in the cockpit... does it really matter? Even if LEGO crammed in four or five seats it still wouldn't be accurate anyway, since the cockpit is quite roomy in the films.

I'm not saying that I am going to purchase the new Falcon, but it certainly seems like a good rendition of the ship to me.

The Santa Yoda is quite magnificient. That is the best Santa toros LEGO has made yet (actually, all previous Santas had a plain red torso, didn't they?). His lack of beard is a little innacurate, though.

I don't know where all of the complaints about the Falcon are coming from either. Though I only have the original version myself, I have seent he second version and I thought that is was a vast improvement upon the original, and a fine set in its own right. I think that the flaps on the roof are a great way to make the circular shape and have wonderful, easily accessed playability, and this new version seems to have more interior details than the other two, or at least better-designed details. If some of the sizing is a little off, oh well. That's a toy for you. And the fact that you can only seat two figures in the cockpit... does it really matter? Even if LEGO crammed in four or five seats it still wouldn't be accurate anyway, since the cockpit is quite roomy in the films.

If anything the cockpit is still too big, this ship would be a good entry in the Chibi contest as it is.

But yeah, it's a toy. They try to make it accurate while still having play features and this is what we got. If anyone wants a true Falcon, I guess get on EBay and get the accurate UCS one. Or do as I'll likely do and mod it to be more accurate.

Oh I love the SW Advent Calendar, with an new exclusive Yoda somemore. Having zero SW sets, everything in the calendar will be new to me!

So Yoda has apparently never been in any of the movies or books?

Not as a Santa, I guess that's what they meant.

So we get a Santa Yoda with the same CW bug eyed spiky haired head, Chewbacca with the wrong color bowcaster, a bunch of MINIs with so few pieces that they aren't even armed, and a shuttle with an engine on it's roof. Pass.

Honestly, LEGO, you can do better than that! There are what, only seven pieces in that TIE, all small ones?

Honestly, LEGO, you can do better than that! There are what, only seven pieces in that TIE, all small ones?

So true. However, if it's a good price I will probably get it- I still don't have a Phase 1 pilot.

Not as a Santa, I guess that's what they meant.

So we get a Santa Yoda with the same CW bug eyed spiky haired head, Chewbacca with the wrong color bowcaster, a bunch of MINIs with so few pieces that they aren't even armed, and a shuttle with an engine on it's roof. Pass.

Sadly, it will easily be the best selling advent calendar. Doesn't matter if the models are lacking and minifig selection is average at best. TLG has no reason to try harder on it.

The Santa Yoda is quite magnificient. That is the best Santa toros LEGO has made yet (actually, all previous Santas had a plain red torso, didn't they?). His lack of beard is a little innacurate, though.

Yes - and he doesn't wear a cap!