Anio

[MOC] UCS Boba Fett's Slave 1

I'm grateful that a skilled LEGO modeler would take my comment into consideration. I'm almost sorry that you had to go through so much trouble for the tan parts... but the end product looks great.

And I kind of don't want to bring this up, but I'm sorry that you were flamed at FBTB. Disregarding the debate about UCS, your Slave I is a very nicely done, SMT-quality model. I think that the folks over at FBTB were expecting something else from the UCS label alone. And somewhere along the way it looks like somebody decided you were full of yourself and from then on a bunch of people started to look down on you...

I'm grateful that a skilled LEGO modeler would take my comment into consideration. I'm almost sorry that you had to go through so much trouble for the tan parts... but the end product looks great.

And I kind of don't want to bring this up, but I'm sorry that you were flamed at FBTB. Disregarding the debate about UCS, your Slave I is a very nicely done, SMT-quality model. I think that the folks over at FBTB were expecting something else from the UCS label alone. And somewhere along the way it looks like somebody decided you were full of yourself and from then on a bunch of people started to look down on you...

Ya, It's actually pretty funny about the stark difference of comments on MOCs on FBTB vs here :laugh: . But I like FBTB because not everyone everyone is so cuddly with their comments.

Ya, It's actually pretty funny about the stark difference of comments on MOCs on FBTB vs here :laugh: .

Right.

Well, it takes all kinds to make a world... :classic:

fallenangel327, thank for your support anyway. :classic:

Edited by Anio

i have started to just post a link to eurobricks when i display a new moc, FBTB went downhill when they stopped being just starwars.

looks much better with the Tan wings!

my Slave1 is almost finished (based on your design but enlarged slightly)

Great to see you finally finished it. :sweet:

Is it just me or did you add more greebles to the back?

there you go i knew you could do it!

were even now, i based mine on your design and it looks like you based your's on my design, two great slave 1'S although they are not minifig scale :classic:

what you building next??

This Slave I model looks terrific! Everything very well thought-out - from the SNOT bottom to the wings and the wing attachments!

Perhaps the only thing that could be improved is the scratched-up look on the sides. I kind of miss it, although your attempts at it are quite nice. I know this is hard to realise, especially with your SNOT concept. I just wanted to leave some constructive feedback.

Enpaz

Edited by Enpaz

Anio, your finished MOC is awesome! :sweet: I think the LEGO Group ought to make future Star Wars sets as good as your MOC! Perhaps you should submit your résumé to them... :grin:

-Toa Of Justice

Spectacular! The back looks much better now. If you were to post instructions, I think this is one of the few models I've seen that I'd try to reproduce myself. Great work! :thumbup:

Edited by Pellaeon

Great! I especially love the greeblesdefault_laugh_new.gif Do you you think its minifigure scale, or a little smaler? I think its great size anyway, but just wanted to check.default_thumbup.gif

Great to see you finally finished this UCS Slave I Anio, it's as amazing the first time I saw it. Well-deserved frontpage! Great work as always! default_thumbup.gif

Wow.. Well done Anio!

This is one very well done MOC! The grebling is truely an artwork. I absolutely love it. Great job :thumbup:

The new dark green is looking great! I also see you've added more detail to the cockpit and the guns. The details on the back are quite impressive as well.

Here's what I've noticed:

First things first, I believe some work needs to be done on the stabilizer fins. As can be seen in this picture of the studio model, the fins should have large portions that appear cut out so that they can rotate without interfering with the beams to which they are attached. I think amun-Ra's model does a decent job of this detail. There's also an issue regarding the pair of beams that angle upward toward the hull (between the fins and the main body); they are actually attached to rectangular structures more inside the ship. When I saw that on the WIP pictures I had hoped that you would catch the mistake and fix it in a later rendition but you didn't so I'm telling you now. amun-Ra's model also illustrates this well. (I'm sorry I didn't tell you this before when the fins were still grey `= ) I didn't have decent reference pictures of this ship at the time.)

I see you've swapped out the sand green pieces on the side with the dark green curves from the 8097, as you said you would. However, you've lost the angle where they meet the brown skirtlike area. Perhaps this could be fixed if you removed the smaller dark green curved pieces you've got right up against the brown bricks with something else?

It looks like you've put an inverted 1x2 45 slope brick in place of the SNOT near Slave I's main hatch. In any case, the angles there are a bit different so I would suggest changing that piece. Perhaps a 1x2x2 slope brick would do.

The field of grey on the sides looks a bit bland; I think we had already established the fact on FBTB that there should be more green there. This also shows in the image I deeplinked earlier in this thread. There's no tan there on the studio model either, so I would suggest removing the random tan tile you've got there; it looks really out of place and stands out too much.

I think the end of the nose (or tail, or whatever) could look betterif you could somehow achieve the slight humps around the cannons. This can easily be done either with plates or with inverted radar dish pieces.

About the back...

kg_slave1_back1.jpg

:thumbup: It's awesome... :wub:

ps : vu la qualité ça mérite bien un 2nd commentaire en anglais... :laugh:

I think your MOC is great Anio!

A model like this can always be improved or you are just satisfied with the result.

It is like a painter/artist, at some point they just have to quit and go with what they have.

Fallenangel327 has some very constructive and good inputs and ideas however, which is very selldom that you see

so much of in one post. I can definatley support him in his post, but after haven´t finnished a lot of projects

because I haven´t been satisfied enough, I wish I at least would have finnished them of to get them done some time.

As fun as it is to twist a model, looking for references in both LEGO, studio models and from the films, it is also

tiering not to reach what you work for. The finnished model. I have attempted to build this model as well, but never

got to complete it.

Once again Anio, your model is awesome, and the sticker to go with it is just the finnishing touch to a great model.

Beautiful Slave I!!! A masterpiece.

I especially love all the intense greebling on the underbelly of the ship. The size is perfect and the stickered specs are great. Where did you get the sticker made? Is that something you also designed yourself?

This is a fantastic Slave I, Anio. Really great work. I'm no expert on the Slave I, so I'll refrain from giving any advice for improvements. Is there a storage compartment for the new Carbonite Han, by any chance?

I was trying to find some other high quality UCS Slave I's to compare this to, just for kicks. This version compares favorably to everything I've seen. I remember someone on FBTB was Slave I obsessed, having done 9 versions of the ship last time I checked, but I didn't see any current threads about it. Anyone know where I could look, just for comparison's sake?