Very inspiring, Grohl. Now I gotta build up the courage to either break down all my completed sets, or buy another copy.

I have a little problem in ldview, I never had this problem before:

problem.jpg

So, I want to make another model from Grohl. Should I make instructions for his Bluetongue or his Heavytransport (that red car)?

Edited by legolijntje

@ legolijntje: Grohl666's Brickshelf gallery has the photo-sequency Building Instructions for the Bluetongue, and for the red Monster Truck portion of his HeavyTransport MOC (both pictured below). If one had to choose only ONE of these two great creations, I vote for the Bluetongue: :thumbup:

legolijntje

The error means that you are unable to place the Linear Actuator in the instructions correctly, right?

The red monster truck should be much easier for you. Bluetongue has a lot of wiring inside and it may be a bit difficult and confusing. On the other hand I have to say I like Bluetongue much more.

I dont now why, but I like to make this instructions :grin:

I found a "soilution" for my problem; if I put a "extended linear actuator" in the model instead of a retracted, and D.I.Y :grin: retract it the problem is solved :wacko: .

So, for now it will be the 8052 alternate (the thing I began whit)

Edited by legolijntje

So, for now it will be the 8052 alternate (the thing I began whit)

How are thing going with the instructions?

It has been a while since we heard of it...

How are thing going with the instructions?

It has been a while since we heard of it...

There is not much happened, because of many things; I was sick, I had headache, and other things. But I want to go further today.

There is a little problem which you can read about HERE.

Edited by legolijntje

Here are the links to download Grohl's Building Instructions in PDF file format (via MegaUpload) SkyDrive:

Grohl's 8052-3 Tow Truck Alternate (15.8 MB) :thumbup:

Grohl's BlueTongue Offroader (5.3 MB) :cry_happy:

[P.S. I am using the 30-day FREE TRIAL of Adobe Acrobat X Pro software to create these PDFs from the various JPG files. You can do the same thing with your images by going to the Adobe site here, and downloading the free trial software. Maybe you can upload your PDFs onto MegaUpload.com too for sharing with other AFOLs. Normally, this software sells for $199 so I'm scrambling to compile many images before my 30-day period ends].

Edited by DLuders

Thank you again for your time and effort you put in this. :thumbup:

[EDIT: Added the 31st alternate model's picture below]

I compiled Grohl's first 30 of 31 ALTERNATES *oh2* for the 8271 Wheel Loader into one PDF document. It is (now) 275 pages long, is Bookmarked to quickly go to each of the first 30 different models (in alphabetical order), and all of the pages are numbered. I transcribed all of Grohl's comments that were in his Brickshelf folders, and the links to the various videos.

Download the 15.4-MB PDF document here via MegaUpload SkyDrive. If one downloads the TLG's Building Instructions for the 8271 set, one will then have a grand total of 33 DIFFERENT BUILDS for one Lego Technic set (which has got to be a record). :thumbup: Try doing that with a regular "System" set! :laugh: Grohl has demonstrated the many creative possibilities in using a handful of parts.

I always thought that building some of these 29 Technic models would be a fun activity for Lego User Groups (LUGs), or for schoolkids during a Summer Camp activity. :classic: Build them via the pictures only! Would anybody like to make any Lego Digital Designer (LDD) .lxf files out of some of these? :look: Here is the 8271's Bricklink Parts Inventory to show what you will need.

00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpgcrab01.jpg_thumb.jpgcrane01.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpgelephant01.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpgptero01.jpg_thumb.jpgraptor01.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpgvulture00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Thank you Grohl for all the art work and sharing, and thank you DLuders for all the effort on gathering information. You are unstoppable! :thumbup:(Do you ever sleep?)

Cumps

Edited by Mortymore

Awesome work, grohl, and dluders!

bit sad that I don't actually own this set!!! although I'm pretty certain I have all the parts - minus the yellow wheels! :)

as I've said before.. it's a shame that TLG don't provide a few more alternate model instructions (or even just pictures!) for both technic AND system sets!

The last sets that I bought that absolutely impressed me, in that regard, was the 'Make and Create - Designer sets' (precursor to Creator)

In particular: 4404 Land Busters - the super thick instructions booklet is amazing... 3 main models and semi-detailed pictures/ideas for about 8 more!

I can understand the work involved in creating official alternate models.. but surely they can get a few 'apprentices' at TLG Design to come up with some good ideas for alternate models (no matter how crazy!)

and print off a few extra pages in the back of the instruction booklet to inspire future builders!

RB

As Grohl noted on this Eurobricks post, there are photo-sequence Building Instructions for his Lego Technic Ford GT Mk IV. I compiled his various Brickshelf photographs into a single PDF document (16.5 MB) which you can download here via MegaUpload SkyDrive.

All 305 pages are numbered. Even if you may not want to build it, you may want to quickly flip through the PDF document to see some new building techniques for some aspect of the car. :classic:

gt05.jpggt089.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Thankx again DLuders. :thumbup:

I was still not able to finish my next large MOC, but the end of the building process is getting closer.

Fortunately I made 29th alternate of 8271 and it is a special moment for me as well. This is the first motorbike I built since I returned to LEGO 5 years ago.

Chopper with working handlebars, stand and detailed engine. Hope you like my first attempt in this area.

chopper07.jpg

chopper092.jpg

chopper095.jpg

"But Wait, There's More!" :laugh:

Grohl's outstanding Sea Harrier Mk.1 photo-sequence Building Instructions ( http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=420794 ) have all been compiled into this single 21.5-MB PDF file which you can access from MegaUpload.

harrier2.jpg

not seen the sea harrier before! , well impressed! Sadly the real harriers have recently been junked after a 750million refit. The Nimrods were almost there after 4billion, but now scrapped also.

Grohl's creations are simply fantastic. It's a shame that he and Nat Kuipers have not been hired by TLC :cry_sad: . Let them working together and you're sure they'll create THE model, superior than #8880, #8480 and #8455 ones.

When I see my bad attemps to create a third alternative model from a Technic set or a fourth one from a Creator set, I wonder if I'm right to pursue collecting LEGO models :hmpf_bad: .

A question: is the #8271 set designed by NK, as I remember?

Edited by Plastic Nurak

A question: is the #8271 set designed by NK, as I remember?

This is what Nathanael Kuipers (NK) said in his TechnicBricks interview Part 1: [color:"#0000FF"]"The skid loader I made for 8271 did not make it in the box, but I was still allowed to publish it later myself."[/color]

TBs_20110222_1n.jpgTBs_20110222_1o.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Thankx again DLuders. :thumbup:

I was still not able to finish my next large MOC, but the end of the building process is getting closer.

Fortunately I made 29th alternate of 8271 and it is a special moment for me as well. This is the first motorbike I built since I returned to LEGO 5 years ago.

Chopper with working handlebars, stand and detailed engine. Hope you like my first attempt in this area.

chopper07.jpg

It is really cool!!! I love this motorbike,simple and powerfull

By the way,I also love your another creation "Praying Mantis",could you please tell me what's the basic set you used to built it?thanks

By the way,I also love your another creation "Praying Mantis",could you please tell me what's the basic set you used to built it?thanks

The mantis has no basic set. I just used everything lime I had, which is not much. 8284 and 8649.