Sisco

2010 FIFA World Cup

EDIT:

Is that a vuvuzela your sig-fig is holding? This is a reason to get banned...

:tongue:

YEP! Can you hear me playing it?

Chamber, here I come... :tongue:

But look at our first match!!!

What a p-h-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c start!

WOW, I'm impressed: 4:0 Can I change my first post?

If the german team is going to continue their impressive way of play, I'm really looking forward to more games and maybe more than I first expected.

Go, team, go!

So, this year, it's Germany's turn. Why? Because 3964-2010=1954, in which year Germany won the World Cup.

There's always a reason.

I like the way Germany played better than 'pure math'. :wink:

But look at our first match!!!

What a p-h-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c start!

Hats off. A great game from Germany, pure, organised football. :thumbup: (Do you hear me Otto and the Gang? :hmpf_bad: ) Miroslav was in a great night.

Btw,

:grin:

I don't have a clue about the lyrics though. (I only got the "Weltmeister" and "Pretoria" so it must be about WC.) I think that they are Germans.

I :wub: vuvuzelas! :tongue:

I'm surprised that the Australians couldn't handle the Germans. I was expectin 1-0 or 2-0, but 4-0 is insane!

I :wub: vuvuzelas! :tongue:

I'm surprised that the Australians couldn't handle the Germans. I was expectin 1-0 or 2-0, but 4-0 is insane!

I set my alarm to wake me up for the 4:30am kick-off... I should've stayed asleep! What a disgrace! 4-0! How embarrassing!

In all honesty I was expecting a 1 or 2 goal deficit as a reasonable result. The only hope for a salvaged humility is for New Zealand to have a bigger loss haha.

Ha - it could as well have been 7:0. :tongue:

I have to admit the red card was unnecessarily given. A yellow one would have been right. But the referee was very 'generous' yesterday. :hmpf:

Hats off. A great game from Germany, pure, organised football. :thumbup: (Do you hear me Otto and the Gang? :hmpf_bad: ) Miroslav was in a great night.

Btw,

:grin:

I don't have a clue about the lyrics though. (I only got the "Weltmeister" and "Pretoria" so it must be about WC.) I think that they are Germans.

No offence to the germans, but, No real music other than Rock or Classical works with the language. :grin:

Netherlands 2-0 Denmark. The first half was boring, but the second was great. That own goal was kinda funny. :classic:

Ha - it could as well have been 7:0. :tongue:

I have to admit the red card was unnecessarily given. A yellow one would have been right. But the referee was very 'generous' yesterday. :hmpf:

If you look at the photos (or replay), you will see the reason for the red card was because the ref's pants were up too high, and made him more agitated than usual!

Australia sucks so much at soccer because all the talented blokes play this brand of football:

If you look at the photos (or replay), you will see the reason for the red card was because the ref's pants were up too high, and made him more agitated than usual!

Australia sucks so much at soccer because all the talented blokes play this brand of football:

That's no excuse Artanis I, since all our talented blokes go to American football, basketball, baseball, ice hockey, etc. :tongue:

Looking forward to the Italy-Paraguay game. I'm thinking Paraguay might pull the upset here and get a win, especially since they'll be emotionally motivated to play well for their star striker who was shot in the head earlier this year. Then again that might work against them as well, we'll see. :laugh:

That's no excuse Artanis I, since all our talented blokes go to American football, basketball, baseball, ice hockey, etc. :tongue:
Oi! Haha. No excuses for USA: in a country of 300 million there's got to be plenty left over for soccer after all those other sports are taken! Not many other countries have anywhere near that many people.

No offence to the germans, but, No real music other than Rock or Classical works with the language. :grin:

In this case you're absolutely right. There is still folk music, but I wouldn't call this music at all... :sick:

In the video they are obviously Germans, but I hardly understood one single word. :wacko:

"Schland"?

In this case you're absolutely right. There is still folk music, but I wouldn't call this music at all... :sick:

In the video they are obviously Germans, but I hardly understood one single word. :wacko:

"Schland"?

Well Rammstein make up German words sometimes, Like there new song "Bu****bu" which stands for something bad but I don't know what, I know the full word, I just can't say it incase! :grin:

just found england vs usa created in lego !

Edited by squiz

I am for the Netherlands, which is quite obvious, but I saw on german tv a supporter with the same black and red lines on his face as the tribal hunter / Indian from the minifigs line. Good for a moc :thumbup::classic:

I saw on german tv a supporter with the same black and red lines on his face as the tribal hunter / Indian from the minifigs line. Good for a moc :thumbup::classic:

I tought the same thing.

the Inventor

*singing*

Oh as I cry for that Germany.....

Those lands of Red, black, and yellow.

I think about the cup

And who will win

And I know deep in my heart,

that it will be my beloved Germany...

*Stops singing*

*Yes, those crappy song lyrics were by me*

*Walks over and gives Holodoc a big high five*

Honestly though I think Brazil will pull through but hey, a guy can dream.

GO GERMANY!

(I can't believe I'm doing this...) :sadnew:

NASA's secret weapon for the planet Earth evaquation. Click if you dare... :devil:

Btw, a great finish for New Zealand today (very good header), a completely boring match between Portugal And Ivory Coast and two wonderful goals from Brazil and North Korea, the latter gaining my respect for their game. :thumbup:

So Brazil won its first game.

I'm not sure if the Portugal x Ivory Coast is a surprise or if I just didn't analize it enough.

Edited by Artifex

So Brazil won its first game.

I'm not sure if the Portugal x Ivory Coast is a surprise or if I just didn't analize it enough.

North Korea really surprised me; I expected them to lose by 3 or 4 goals, but they held their own quite nicely. If Portugal doesn't pick up their game quick I could see the N. Koreans sneak in there as the second team qualifying out of the group.

North Korea really surprised me; I expected them to lose by 3 or 4 goals, but they held their own quite nicely. If Portugal doesn't pick up their game quick I could see the N. Koreans sneak in there as the second team qualifying out of the group.

yeah i was really impressed with them as well. Certainly better than the dross ivory coast and portugal served up. I can see korea sneaking out that group with brazil!

Since Poland is not in the finals, I don't have a clear favourite (I must add I'm kind of glad they're not playing, Polish football/soccer is in an awful condition these days, the 0:6 result in friendly game with Spain not long ago was a good example, they're a disgrace). I must say I liked how Ivory Coast played against Portugal yesterday - granted, there were no goals, but the game itself was very exciting, and everybody thought the Ivory Coast team was doomed before the game started. They played against Portugal like equals and I'll definitely support them in their future matches. Any Portugals here who read this, please don't get angry at me, but I don't particularly like that team, even though I respect their skills.

Germany did a great job indeed, however I feel kind of sorry for Australians as I really got to like them over the years. Still, Germany have almost always been among the best, and it looks like they're in top shape now! I'm looking forward to their next games. I'll definitely support Argentina, but I like Nigeria too, with whom they won.

Yeah! New Zealand Drew!

Trust me this is actually a big thing for us as most people were expecting for them to lose and its our first points in a FIFA word cup! :grin:

If all the teams continue to play as they have done until now, then Germany will definitly become world champion. :grin:

Go Germany go

Oh... maybe they will lose against PRK, because of PRK's new tactic: 10-0-0 :wink:

Edited by Skalldyr