Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

MOC World Racer Entrants

4676213694_300ab2ac47.jpg

Their boss in jail, no more schemes and nothing much to do...

When a flyer comes through the letter box "World Race" it says, "all entrants welcome!" it declares. "Big Cash Prize!!"

Off they rush to build a super car to enter with. Known for her subtlety, Dyna Mite is in charge of the paint job...

--------------

4676213214_9659f4795a.jpg

The mission is over, what does an elite operative on forced retirement do?

Hearing of the World Race, Charge ropes in the other Agents to help build a new car for racing. With Inferno goons also racing, things should be fun...

I made theses cars so I could have more teams to race each other. I decided to theme them off my last favourite, Agents. I have plans to make a variety of vehicles for each of these teams, to race in all legs of the competition.

I based the design off the Speed Racer cars, as I noticed one vehicle in one set was similar to the others.

Very nice! And possibly accurate, too--all the vehicles in the theme have only two numbers (13 and 21), meaning that, rather than being just identification numbers for the vehicles, those are actually team numbers! Maybe I'll build a few, myself

AWESOME 'Peppermint_M' - I really like the Agents car the most......look out Speed Racer ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Very cool cars, Pepper! I really like the look of them! But I can't help but notice that they are missing the most important thing: Weapons! Both the Agents and World Racers themes are loaded with them, and these vehicles don't have ANY! If these two were to compete in the World Race, they would get their megablocks kicked. At this moment, they look more like Speed Racer cars. So how about some flick-fire dynamite on the inferno car, and some kind of big gun (or lots of smaller guns) on the Agents car?

This could make an awesome competition!

Indeed.

Indeed.

Let me guess your entry for this potential contest:

A Toy Story team :tongue:

*oh2* OMG!!! how did u no?!?

:tongue: In fact, I already have two potential entries in my sig, although they too would need some weapons.

Very nicely done. They do remind me of the Speed Racers, but they are much better designed than the ones released. I really like these vehicles of yours very much. They are perfect for speed racing. :thumbup:

Thanks Fangy.

Regarding the weapons... I do not like them... They look silly on the racing cars, so I left them off these. I know it is half the point of this theme, but I am much more fond of crazy super fast racing than of wacky weapons.

Very nice up-date of the Agents theme! Thanks for sharing, Peppermint :thumbup:

Regarding the weapons... I do not like them... They look silly on the racing cars, so I left them off these. I know it is half the point of this theme, but I am much more fond of crazy super fast racing than of wacky weapons.

I totally agree with this statement: why would you have to compromise the car's top performance by adding extra weight in the form of weapons (play value apart)? Without counting that the way TLG did it with the World Racers' vehicles totally disrupts the aerodyanmics in most cases :sceptic:

Fair enough. But it's still kinda funny how you say that you built these to fit into a theme which they only partly fit into.

why would you have to compromise the car's top performance by adding extra weight in the form of weapons (play value apart)?

Because you don't need to overtake your opponents if you can just blast them out of the way! :devil:

World Racers (and keeping up hopes for a Whacky Races contest) ON! :thumbup:

They look brilliant!! Personally I don't like having the weapons on the Racers either and I think the theme would be a lot more appealing if they had more teams and less firepower (then they could concentrate on designing really awesome looking racers like your MOCs!!) I'm planning on getting some of the World Racer sets and just leaving the weapons off (the ranged weapons at least... spikes, blades and chainsaws aren't so bad!!)

Anyway, nice work!!

They can have weapons added, notice the blue tiles on a flap next to the drivers seat in the Agents car? Or the Inferno logo on a hinge, these can be removed for ranged weapons, the bumpers can also be swapped for melee weapons. These cars were MOCed for arena racing, not a rough'n'ready rally, where weapons won't be noticed. I hope to create a boat, a swamp craft, arctic racer and dirt bikes for the other races, these are much more likely to have weapons, if I think of anything worth adding (caltrops, oil slicks and smokescreens all being more for the mind than the MOC)

Very cool. When I first saw it I thought that it resembled some of the HotWheels cars I owned as a small child with the asymmetrical design. :thumbup:

Awesome - I think I like these more than most of the official World Racers vehicles :laugh:

I concur about the weapons - over-sized cannons don't really work on racing cars. I agree that something like this would make a great competition - let's hope the Mods think so too.

These look great, PM. I agree about the weapons. When I used Desert of Destruction in a recent Brick, I took the weapons off. I made them look awesome with spinning wheels, blurry bg for speed effect and dirt flying off the tires. =D

Great! If I had enough pieces (or any MOCing skills) I'd attempt something similar.

Transparent rock monster cars come to mind. Perhaps someday...

I bought two more Speed Racer cars on eBay the other day, so I have the base parts to create a few more. Watch the forums :thumbup:

I bought two more Speed Racer cars on eBay the other day, so I have the base parts to create a few more. Watch the forums :thumbup:

Watching the forums ON!!