KimT

Epic Scenes Contest Rules & Discussion

You're completely right - no extention of the deadline.

Since I'm time-zone challenged, can you remind us exactly how much time we have left?

(In the last few contests I was up to 24 hours off!)

Very well then. I guess I'll just have to see if I can come up with something in the remaining hours. :classic:

Since I'm time-zone challenged, can you remind us exactly how much time we have left?

Yeah, we Americans are kinda stupid that way (as well as lots of other ways too). :tongue: So yeah, I agree, that would be very helpful.

25 hours and 4 minutes.

That is perfect for me. :thumbup:

I regret to say that I'm not going to be able to enter after all. I started my entry as a small, but after seeing pretty nearly everybody post a small I scrapped my model and tried to make a "Destruction of Aldeeran" scene. I built the Death Star just fine, but I ran out of trans orange and red bricks for the explosion. :blush:

Hey KimT, can the entrants have a extra day to take new pics of an entry they have already entered? :cry_happy: Or at least a day to edit photos? :cry_sad:

Edited by greenskull139

Hey KimT, can the entrants have a extra day to take new pics of an entry they have already entered? :cry_happy: Or at least a day to edit photos? :cry_sad:

The contest is closed tonight at 2100 CET.

That's 6 hours and 24 minutes from now.

If you need to redo pics, then I suggest you do so before the deadline.

You can of course keep uploading pics to an offsite folder (Brickshelf) and there's no time limit there, except that some sites like Brickshelf have a period of non-public viewing which might result in fewer votes.

The contest is closed tonight at 2100 CET.

That's 6 hours and 24 minutes from now.

If you need to redo pics, then I suggest you do so before the deadline.

You can of course keep uploading pics to an offsite folder (Brickshelf) and there's no time limit there, except that some sites like Brickshelf have a period of non-public viewing which might result in fewer votes.

Ok, so let's say I upload on different sites like flickr and then edit my entry post to say "New and better pics on my flickr"?

Dang, oh well I'll just post mine as a MOC when I finish it :hmpf_bad::laugh:

Time's up!

It's 21:00 CET and no more entries are allowed.

I'll make vote topics and post them one of the upcoming days.

Rules on how to vote will be revelead then.

Best of luck to all contestants.

Crap. I figured it was at midnight. I'll upload my entries as MOCs anyway. Poo.

Best of luck to everyone who's entered - some crackin' entries there!

Do we really need 17 days to vote on these?

Yes, previous votes learned us that people need time, especially during the summer when not everyone can logon very day.

Yes, previous votes learned us that people need time, especially during the summer when not everyone can logon very day.

Fine, just more days to worry about how I'm doing :). Are you not going to be voting?

Bear in mind that friendship votes are somewhat frowned upon.

We're aiming for the best to win - not the ones with the most friends online.

I really liked Burmans entry. I have always loved cloud city and I think he captured it nicely.

Oh. It's not because he gave you three votes, and that you're buddies on Eirebricks, just like Showaddy gave Burman three votes and is a mod on Eirebricks. It was just a coincidence. There are almost no "three votes" in the contest so far, and then you three Eirebrickers give three to each other. Just a coincidence and deep respect :hmpf:

Cheating is lame, and cheating in an online LEGO contest is incredibly lame. Really really sad. A lot of people spent time organizing and submitting for this contest, and you're pissing on that effort. Not cool, and you, Showaddy, and Burman, deserve to be on everyone's bad list from now on.

Oh. It's not because he gave you three votes, and that you're buddies on Eirebricks, just like Showaddy gave Burman three votes and is a mod on Eirebricks. It was just a coincidence. There are almost no "three votes" in the contest so far, and then you three Eirebrickers give three to each other. Just a coincidence and deep respect :hmpf:

Cheating is lame, and cheating in an online LEGO contest is incredibly lame. Really really sad. A lot of people spent time organizing and submitting for this contest, and you're pissing on that effort. Not cool, and you, Showaddy, and Burman, deserve to be on everyone's bad list from now on.

I agree, Burman has only received two votes so far that aren't from these two. I really hate that kind of stuff because it puts other contestants (like me) at a disadvantage. :thumbdown: You guys should consider revoting.

Bear in mind that friendship votes are somewhat frowned upon.

We're aiming for the best to win - not the ones with the most friends online.

Maybe giving these people a title of 'I vote for my friends, not for people who deserve it' would be an appropriate punishment. But thats up to you.

I am very sorry about this happening and I will tell both of then to revote and to not include me. I do not wish to put anyone at a disadvantage and I have never talked about 'cheating' with 'Showaddywaddy' on Eirebricks. I do not want to cheat someone out of a prize that they really deserve as it is unfare. There have been some great entries in this contest. I will talk to Showaddywaddy and explain that it is unfare.

Please do not brand me bad and if you want I will ask for these votes to be removed. The eirebricks connection is not so strong anymore as Showaddywaddy has not even been active lately.

I personally do not deserve 3 points and I know that so I will talk to brickfoot. Again, I will say sorry to all involved with this situation especially to you def and obviously everyone else.

Maybe giving these people a title of 'I vote for my friends, not for people who deserve it' would be an appropriate punishment. But thats up to you.

:laugh: I'll think about it.

I am currently updating the vote indexes to have thumbs to ease the voting.

I hope to get medium and large done tonight and then copy the whole thing into the Contest Index as well.

I agree, Burman has only received two votes so far that aren't from these two. I really hate that kind of stuff because it puts other contestants (like me) at a disadvantage. :thumbdown: You guys should consider revoting.

I am very sorry about this happening and I will tell both of then to revote and to not include me. I do not wish to put anyone at a disadvantage and I have never talked about 'cheating' with 'Showaddywaddy' on Eirebricks. I do not want to cheat someone out of a prize that they really deserve as it is unfare. There have been some great entries in this contest. I will talk to Showaddywaddy and explain that it is unfare.

Please do not brand me bad and if you want I will ask for these votes to be removed. The eirebricks connection is not so strong anymore as Showaddywaddy has not even been active lately.

I personally do not deserve 3 points and I know that so I will talk to brickfoot. Again, I will say sorry to all involved with this situation especially to you def and obviously everyone else.

I've moved these posts here to keep the vote topics devoted to votes solely.

Especially to me? I'm not even in the contest, I was just voting. I just think it's really juvenile trying to rig a MOC contest. It's the person who loses their prize if you win a place that needs apologizing to.

As for being branded bad, well, actions speak louder than words. You get the reputation you earn. You're the one in control of that.

Especially to me? I'm not even in the contest, I was just voting. I just think it's really juvenile trying to rig a MOC contest. It's the person who loses their prize if you win a place that needs apologizing to.

As for being branded bad, well, actions speak louder than words. You get the reputation you earn. You're the one in control of that.

Being branded would only be a way to let other people know of their tomfoolery. And also, neither of them has changed their voice, so you might need to do a better job of "convincing" them. Also, you may want to change your own vote to not include brickfoot in the medium entry.

Edited by ThatGuyWithTheBricks