tin7_creations

Actor With Most Minifig Representations Within a Span of LEGO Licenses

As mentioned by Deskp and others, voice actors shouldn't count towards the totals. Mainly due to the fact these change depending on country/language.

I think it's due to the fact that it's all comic based as opposed to movie based. The figures, Sentinel, and jet are all based on the comics as opposed to the movie designs, plus it's something that doesn't happen in the movie (though by that logic the Mandarin buggy isn't an Iron Man 3 set).

By that logic the Captain America AA set could technically be labelled as a CA:TFA set because of Cap, Red Skull, the Goon, and the tank.

Hahaha, right?

The goal posts in the this discussion aren't so much being moved with every comment, as it's become increasingly apearent that someone has completely dissassembled them and is now using thier parts for a Hello Kitty MOC. :p

I'm quite sure it's safe to associate voice actors like Pratt with Emmet, as despite country/language specific dubbing, the animation was clearly based on his performance.

But, this isn't my thread nor my goal posts to define, so I'll leave you all to it. :p

As mentioned by Deskp and others, voice actors shouldn't count towards the totals. Mainly due to the fact these change depending on country/language.

I have no problem with each country/language claiming their own actor embodied in a minifigure. Heck, it could introduce a new front-runner, if a particular actor for a given language gets more than their fair share of voice-acting. But then, I suppose it would need to be counted separately from the live-actors. Or something.

Whatever.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones and Han Solo.

Johnny Depp as Tonto and Jack Sparrow

Liam Neeson as Bad Cop and Qui Gonn Jinn

Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury and Mace Windu

Edited by Tariq j

If you aren't allowed to count voice acting/actors, then you can't count anyone from the Lego Movie.

And yes, a voice actor is as much of an actor as onscreen actors.

I'll throw this one out there: Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker, The Joker, and The Trickster.

I'd be willing to make an exception for the LEGO Movie, simply because well it's THE Lego Movie.

Even then, Mark Hamill is a bad example because neither The Joker nor The Trickster is specifically based on Batman the animated series. Still, I do believe the main reason you shouldn't count voice actors is because they aren't really based on their appearance, which is the main thing about these.

I'd be willing to make an exception for the LEGO Movie, simply because well it's THE Lego Movie.

Even then, Mark Hamill is a bad example because neither The Joker nor The Trickster is specifically based on Batman the animated series. Still, I do believe the main reason you shouldn't count voice actors is because they aren't really based on their appearance, which is the main thing about these.

But this wasn't ever about appearances (as in looks); it's about portrayals.

And anyway, it's not like there's anything "official" about this, anyway; I don't think the Guinness people track these particular records (though they might, especially if they stumble across this thread and choose to start because of it), and I'm darn sure the International Organization for Standardization doesn't. We can each count minifigures and actors any darn way we want. And we don't even have to use the same guidelines as each other, so we can all have different lists if we like.

I think I'm going to therefore amend my own previously-stated personal rules, so I can count as many things as possible, and therefore I'm going to count the existence of minifigures of, for example, the Joker - any minifigures of the Joker, regardless of what versions they are or aren't or might be based on - towards Mark Hamill, Heath Ledger, Jack Nicholson, Cesar Romero, and anyone else I feel like counting, including Steve Miller, who sang the totally unrelated 1973 hit "The Joker". So there. :p

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Oh, I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but Harry Shearer has Montgomery Burns, Waylon Smithers, Ned Flanders, Dr. Hibbert, Jasper, and Scratchy, while Hank Azaria has Comic Book Guy (Jeff Albertson), Professor Frink, Snake Jailbird, and Apu Nahasapeemapetilon.

What about Chris Pratt (Emmett, Star Lord, The dude in Jurassic World)

One of my friends brought that up over lunch the other day (she hates Chris Pratt) and I was shocked that I hadn't known he voiced Emett.

Robert Downey Jr. first came to my mind, but in a cheating way because of all the different Iron Man suit figs. If that counted though pretty much any main character in Star Wars would take the cake.

Robert Downey Jr. first came to my mind, but in a cheating way because of all the different Iron Man suit figs. If that counted though pretty much any main character in Star Wars would take the cake.

Not to mention the guy who plays all the Clone Troopers in Episode II and III. :tongue:

Not to mention the guy who plays all the Clone Troopers in Episode II and III. :tongue:

This made me think, actor with the most minifgures, so different minifigures but not necessarily different characters for example there are many clone minifigures and Harry Potter minifigures

Andy Serkis has potential to be in the lead if they make some sets that are suggested but not yet out. And depends if you want to include video game figures as well.

A tidbit I'll put forth:

I've always been on the side of "Voice Actors count", but I do understand the idea that this should be about physical representation of actors.

If that was the case, then shouldn't only new faces count? If it's all about appearances, then only heads that have been printed specifically for the actor should count. Any reused faces from other characters/actors used for new characters should count as generic weirdos, and not actor specific representations. If that's the way it's counted.

I've always been on the side of "Voice Actors count", but I do understand the idea that this should be about physical representation of actors.

I don't see why we can't have both. There has been a lot of debate over what should count and what shouldn't, but I think it's just different ways of looking at it. Maybe we should just keep different lists, one that includes voice actors and one that doesn't and maybe one that includes duplicates of each character across sets. CapnRex101 on Brickset actually did this recently. It's a pretty good article, so I recommend checking it out: http://brickset.com/article/19729

By the way, if we do count voice actors, we could add Beast Boy to Greg Cipes' characters (Iron Fist and Michelangelo), although he is based on the comics, not the cartoons.

If that was the case, then shouldn't only new faces count? If it's all about appearances, then only heads that have been printed specifically for the actor should count. Any reused faces from other characters/actors used for new characters should count as generic weirdos, and not actor specific representations. If that's the way it's counted.

No, I don't think whether TLG decides to reuse a head or make a new one for a character should factor into this. That would mean that characters like Scarlet Witch or Ant-Man wouldn't count, even though they are clearly based on the movies and are meant to represent those actors, even if they do it poorly.

Voice actors? Which actor is the minifig Norville "Shaggy" Rogers supposed to represent? Is it the late Casey Kasem, Matthew Lillard, or one of the other various actors who have done voice talent for the character?

I think TLG considers him Matthew Lillard, given that he did the voice for Lego Scooby-Doo!: Haunted Hollywood. Casey Kasem invented the voice in 1970, though. He last voiced the character in 2009, and didn't live to see "Shaggy" in Lego.

I may have to get two, and give one different hair. I can give the Casey Kasem version the Bilbo Baggins hair.

Do variants count?

-Henry Cavil's Superman had a few different variants now.

-So did Bale's en Affleck's Batman

Yah CGI animated man was in that alot. JK.

Jango played them.

No, I don't think whether TLG decides to reuse a head or make a new one for a character should factor into this. That would mean that characters like Scarlet Witch or Ant-Man wouldn't count, even though they are clearly based on the movies and are meant to represent those actors, even if they do it poorly.

That's kind of my point. The main argument against Voice Actors is that they aren't based on the actor's physical appearance.

Well, Ant-Man's minifigure isn't in any way based on Paul Rudd himself. It's based on a suit that Paul Rudd wears and has a generic Non-Paul-Rudd head because it's based on the costume, not the actor. I feel like Voice Actors should be counted just as much as Paul Rudd's Antman, who was basically a cartoon character in all the action sequences anyway.

Just my opinion, but I do like the idea of multiple lists to make everyone happy.

Edited by Actor Builder

Just my opinion, but I do like the idea of multiple lists to make everyone happy.

This seems like the best way to avoid technicalities. Specifying "List based on appearances" versus "List based on roles both live action and voice-acted" are fairly distinct, but then you have animated characters using the likeness of the actor (see: Jango's Clones), and it doesn't even begin to cover masked characters. Is the Spider-man 2002 variant actually worth calling Tobey Maguire, even though none of his features are visible? If so, do you then have to count stuntmen too? Suddenly, we have a whole can of worms opened.

Do variants count?

-Henry Cavil's Superman had a few different variants now.

-So did Bale's en Affleck's Batman

Again, it depends on how you want to count it. If you only count one minifig per character per actor, then no, but if you count all the times a character has appeared in sets, then yes.

That's kind of my point. The main argument against Voice Actors is that they aren't based on the actor's physical appearance.

Well, Ant-Man's minifigure isn't in any way based on Paul Rudd himself. It's based on a suit that Paul Rudd wears and has a generic Non-Paul-Rudd head because it's based on the costume, not the actor. I feel like Voice Actors should be counted just as much as Paul Rudd's Antman, who was basically a cartoon character in all the action sequences anyway.

I understand why people don't want to count voice actors, but not counting a minifig just because a character was represented by CGI or stuntmen or whatever in some scenes is just kind of petty in my opinion. It's still supposed to be the same character played by the same actor. Whatever tricks they used in the making of the movie to make you believe that shouldn't matter.

But if that's how you want to count it, go ahead.

This seems like the best way to avoid technicalities. Specifying "List based on appearances" versus "List based on roles both live action and voice-acted" are fairly distinct, but then you have animated characters using the likeness of the actor (see: Jango's Clones), and it doesn't even begin to cover masked characters. Is the Spider-man 2002 variant actually worth calling Tobey Maguire, even though none of his features are visible? If so, do you then have to count stuntmen too? Suddenly, we have a whole can of worms opened.

Exactly.

Voice actors? Which actor is the minifig Norville "Shaggy" Rogers supposed to represent? Is it the late Casey Kasem, Matthew Lillard, or one of the other various actors who have done voice talent for the character?

I think TLG considers him Matthew Lillard, given that he did the voice for Lego Scooby-Doo!: Haunted Hollywood. Casey Kasem invented the voice in 1970, though. He last voiced the character in 2009, and didn't live to see "Shaggy" in Lego.

I may have to get two, and give one different hair. I can give the Casey Kasem version the Bilbo Baggins hair.

Actually, using Shaggy is a bad example, since Matthew Lillard plays Shaggy in both live action and in animation.