Alright, I just spent the better part of 3 days making this creation; it is officially the HARDEST piece I've ever made.

I bring you Ash and Pikachu from Pokemon.

4382712171_dbe7f7092b_d.jpg

Ash

4383471652_046d6f9276_d.jpg

The hair and hat for Ash is made with Sculpey, and hand painted. The decal is my own design, based on his newest costume in the anime series.

Pikachu

4383471938_1875ee8b42_d.jpg

A minifig scale Pikachu; inspired by the LEGO rat.

The piece is entirely made of Sculpey and hand painted. It is the same size as the LEGO rat. I plan to make more Pokemon figures; any suggestions?

Hope everyone enjoys!

~tin7

Maybe you could do the classic gang: Misty, Brock and some other classics like Professor Oak, Jessie, James, and some of the gym leaders. For Pokemon, I'd reccommend fan favorites like Charizard, Meowth, Squirtle, and such. I like your customs so far :thumbup:

Sweet! The Pikachu is so close to a Lego rat, I though it was modified! And these are hand made! You did a really good job on both of them.

Where do you get hands steady enough to do so?

Edited by Darth Legolas

Ash's hair is awesome! I like Pikachu too, but his paint could be a bit smoother. I like how he can fit on studs too :thumbup:

Sweet! I suggest you make the starters, you know, Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur.

Ah, this brings back good memories...

Great figures, I really like Ash, nice sculpting. However, I wish you would've given him black hair instead of brown and green hands for gloves.

And I would've preferred the original outfit (1998, was it?), but I can't complain with this one. :grin:

Hope to see some more figures based off of characters from the original series. Maybe you should hold off on Pokemon themselves, though, since they look really time consuming, and I would like to see characters like Oak and Gary first.

:thumbup:

Ah, this brings back good memories...

Great figures, I really like Ash, nice sculpting. However, I wish you would've given him black hair instead of brown and green hands for gloves.

And I would've preferred the original outfit (1998, was it?), but I can't complain with this one. :grin:

Hope to see some more figures based off of characters from the original series. Maybe you should hold off on Pokemon themselves, though, since they look really time consuming, and I would like to see characters like Oak and Gary first.

:thumbup:

it is black hair. maybe it's the lighting.

Great job, tin7 :thumbup:

At the beginning, I thought you modded a LEGO rat to make Pikachu, but I see you made it/him completely out of Sculpey! Congratulations!

LuxorV

Great work 'tin7' ! :grin:

What about ......Team Rocket .......for a bit of fun ........blasting off again !!!! :laugh:

Keep it up and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Spot on tin7! :cry_happy::wub:

Pikachu is great! Good idea making him the size of the lego rat. :thumbup:

I really like Ash's hat aswell. Both are Great works of sculpy!

Well Done!

CommanderFox

Yes, you truly did some great work here!

The series are so large and elaborate, more then enough to choose a next figure from.

Team Rocket and their catpokemon would indeedly be good suggestions.

Or what about that re-occuring agent and nurse who are always sisters from each other?

This brings back quite afew memories from my childhood... :cry_happy:

They´re both excellent! :wub: I think Pikachu would look better with only 1 stud under him though, as 2 studs make him look a bit bulky from some angles. Or is it just the pics?

For the next one... When I was into Pokémon, my favourites was Mew and Charizard, both which would be hard to make. But why not try one of the three first starters, Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle? :wink:

+1 on making the classics/starter pokemon

+1 on single stud pikachu

+1 on original outfit for Ash

btw tin7, after baking the sculpey, did you try sanding the models? Or is the texture from the paint?

Are the tail and cap made out of sculpey too? Did you try doing them out of plastic, then cutting and heating it into shape. Would've been a pain to paint though.

Anyway, kudos :D

They are great :thumbup: I'd love to see more of your pokémon!

One of my favourites is seedot, It would be very great if you could make him :pirate:

But as a real Lego product I think the main figures+pokémon would do the best.

ash looks alright. not so sure about the hat.

pikachu looks very weird but considering it's size (2stud long), i guess this is good.

Very nice, but I would give Ash another head. His face is to mature and his eyes need to be more manga.

Great work 'tin7' ! :grin:

What about ......Team Rocket .......for a bit of fun ........blasting off again !!!! :laugh:

Keep it up and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I do plan on making Team Rocket; after I finish the 3 starters and Misty.

I like them!

Are you going to make more?

I hope so!

I plan to make more, at least all the main characters from all the series so far.

Yes, you truly did some great work here!

The series are so large and elaborate, more then enough to choose a next figure from.

Team Rocket and their catpokemon would indeedly be good suggestions.

Or what about that re-occuring agent and nurse who are always sisters from each other?

Good idea; I'll make a Chansey too, to go with the Nurse Joy.

This brings back quite afew memories from my childhood... :cry_happy:

They´re both excellent! :wub: I think Pikachu would look better with only 1 stud under him though, as 2 studs make him look a bit bulky from some angles. Or is it just the pics?

For the next one... When I was into Pokémon, my favourites was Mew and Charizard, both which would be hard to make. But why not try one of the three first starters, Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle? :wink:

Mew might be on the list, but unfortunately, Charizard will not. The 3 starters I'm already working on; as of this message, I've finished sculpting Bulbasaur (just need to add the eyes)

+1 on making the classics/starter pokemon

+1 on single stud pikachu

+1 on original outfit for Ash

btw tin7, after baking the sculpey, did you try sanding the models? Or is the texture from the paint?

Are the tail and cap made out of sculpey too? Did you try doing them out of plastic, then cutting and heating it into shape. Would've been a pain to paint though.

Anyway, kudos :D

Everything I make is from Sculpey; what I usually do, is boil the Sculpey, then use an exacto knift to "shave" off excess bits. Of course, most of the texture you see on the Pikachu is from the paint, I use acrylic paint, I should find a water-based color instead...

I do have the decal for Ash's original outfit; but the thing is, his hat is different, meaning I'll have to make a whole new headpiece... I'll try and get to it ASAP... but once school starts up from break...

ash looks alright. not so sure about the hat.

pikachu looks very weird but considering it's size (2stud long), i guess this is good.

Of course it's 2 studs long, Pikachu is on all fours, and he's "stretched out", poised for attack!

Glad everyone likes these!

~tin7

Wow Tin7 I am very impressed with your sculpting skills, you've really nailed Ash's hair, although it has been a very long time since I've watched a Pokemon Episode he is instantly recognisable.

A couple of comments if I may:

Did you use a primer before you painted your Pikachu?

I use and absolutely swear by: Tamiya Surface Primer It shows the imperfections of the about-to-be-painted surface as well as

improving paint adhesion. This also gives the paint a more uniform finish, it's a must before painting custom sculpts.

I don't know what Ash looks like in the latest series, but from my shaky memory of Pokemon Ash was a young boy wasn't he? Perhaps Brassoing off the chin line could make him look younger?

Just an idea, what do you think mate? Here's a photoshop of you already brilliant custom.

4384626366_23e3dde024_o.jpg

Once again great work Tin7

Wow Tin7 I am very impressed with your sculpting skills, you've really nailed Ash's hair, although it has been a very long time since I've watched a Pokemon Episode he is instantly recognisable.

A couple of comments if I may:

Did you use a primer before you painted your Pikachu?

I use and absolutely swear by: Tamiya Surface Primer It shows the imperfections of the about-to-be-painted surface as well as

improving paint adhesion. This also gives the paint a more uniform finish, it's a must before painting custom sculpts.

I don't know what Ash looks like in the latest series, but from my shaky memory of Pokemon Ash was a young boy wasn't he? Perhaps Brassoing off the chin line could make him look younger?

Just an idea, what do you think mate? Here's a photoshop of you already brilliant custom.

4384626366_23e3dde024_o.jpg

Once again great work Tin7

You're absolutely right... i did not use a primer; it took FOREVER to apply the yellow, I had to paint about 500 layers :tongue:

I'm still quite new to the whole painting thing, so I'm learning new things all the time; plus, I use acrylic paint, which is horrible in this situation.

As for Ash; He's not actually completed... I'm going to make a new headpiece for him after I finish making the 3 starters, the headpiece just looks kind of "off"... it's a bit too big... which is why I just randomly used a head instead of a decal head; this post was mainly to showcase Pikachu, not Ash. :tongue:

Aha, now it all makes sense to me Tin7 Well I look forward to your final version. Although from the picture the hair looks pretty well proportioned

I remember that Ash had pretty big hair in the anime.

I made the same mistake when I started painting my customs by not priming them. I ended up painting a little under 500 layers of paint as well,

and despite all that hard work the finish was uneven and the sculpted detail was lost under all that paint!

Painting 101: USE PRIMER! :classic:

Trust me your life will get easier once you do :wink: I have always used acrylic paints, and combined with the primer the results are great.

Awesome! You are truly skilled :thumbup:

If you're taking suggestions, why not make Wobbufett? Funniest character in the series :tongue:

Painting 101: USE PRIMER! :classic:

Trust me your life will get easier once you do :wink: I have always used acrylic paints, and combined with the primer the results are great.

He's right