EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Watched Street Fighter on netflix yesterday. I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid. Funny how they tried incorporating all of the characters and that M. Bison's water-mine release machine was actually set up like an arcade game.

I also watched The Man With One Red Shoe. An old 80s movie with Tom Hanks. It was entertaining to say the least, but pretty typical for Tom's early work.

I also watched The Musketeer from 2001. It was okay. The fight choreography was entertaining, but I don't picture a bunch of 17th century French musketeers/guards doing some of those acrobatics. But that's just me.

And all three of those were just in the morning. Gosh, I must have been bored. Thanks to Netflix instant.

Just got back from seeing The Wolverine. Definitely on e of the best of the series! Way better than Origins. Loved it!

^ I loved The Wolverine! I've been on a Marvel kick lately, and just watched The Incredible Hulk tonight. I hope Marvel is planning on another Hulk movie for Phase 3. :grin:

2010's Robin Hood. An entertaining and relatively historically accurate film with no major flaws, although it turned out that the movie is rather more of one big origin story than a collection of outlawing adventures. Russell Crowe's accent was Godawful at certain points as well.

Saw The Wolverine yesterday. I'd give it a B! :classic:

Edited by just2good

Battleship this morning on loan from the public library; a lot of cheesy moments but not as bad as I thought it'd be.

Wolverine tonight; also my 3rd or 4th favourite X-Men movie. Ill post more thoughts on it later in the MCU thread when I get home.

Just watched Madea's family reunion...not very good.

Watched the new wolverine movie, I think x-men fans will enjoy it!

The Wolverine. This is the movie I wanted Origins to be. It was excellent. There were scenes where I did not know what would happen next which I like in a movie. The after credits scene (there is one by the way) was very interesting to say the least. Definitely worth a watch if you are an X-men fan or just wanna see a good action flick.

Now that I'm only counting films I have seen in cinemas in this topic (the range of DVDs I watch is extremely limited), the last film I saw was Monsters University a few days ago. It wasn't as good as I had hoped, but it was decent enough.

I just finished watchin From Paris with love , excellent John Travolta film, and now i will watch The Boondock Saints .

The Wolverine. It was very entertaining but the third act was a bit cartoonish and was disappointing.

I'd give it 8.2/10

Watched X-Men 2 with my daughter at the weekend - she enjoyed it so much that we watched X-Men: The Last Stand straight after (is that the equivalent of punishing her for doing nothing wrong?). I realised when she asked 'Why doesn't Storm just use her powers to clear the mist?' that even an 11 year old girl can see what's wrong with this film :sceptic: .

The Wolverine: I've never been much of a fan of X-Men nor ever seen one of their films - but I ended up watching this with a friend and enjoyed it very much. I found the plot interesting and the action exciting, definitely one worth watching and with no obvious major flaws.

Although it is unclear why Logan's hands are not constantly bleeding every time he uses the claws. Similarly, I didn't understand how he was able to re-grow his blades after they are severed by the Silver Samurai.

Also, a little explanation, however brief, for Viper's existence would have been nice.

Edited by Scorpiox

I was under the impression that his healing powers were "greatly reduced", not completely taken away. :sceptic:

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

The Wolverine: I've never been much of a fan of X-Men nor ever seen one of their films - but I ended up watching this with a friend and enjoyed it very much. I found the plot interesting and the action exciting, definitely one worth watching and with no obvious major flaws.

Although it is unclear why Logan's hands are not constantly bleeding every time he uses the claws. Similarly, I didn't understand how he was able to re-grow his blades after they are severed by the Silver Samurai.

Also, a little explanation, however brief, for Viper's existence would have been nice.

I'm sure someone has a more concrete answer but, from what I get of the comics I've read, Logan can regrow bones, which is why after his adamantium claws were cut off, they were bone again. Hell, in Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe mini series it shows Logan nothing but a skeleton in the first issue and then bam, there he was good as new in the next.

Gosh, have not been in a movie theatre in years! Too noisy for my and hubby's taste, so we watch a few at home every six months or so! Too busy I guess.

I did just finish 150 plus episodes of The West Wing on flix, and it was outstanding. But I am a strong Martin Sheen fan, especially his film The Way. Our other favorite this year was The Intouchables. Last year I made it through McLeod's Daughters, which was great the first few seasons.

The slower a film is, the more we like it! And I do collect lots of film scores even if we don't see the films.

^ Just got back from We're the Millers, and it was actually pretty funny. A few of the moments were a little too far but I guess it all goes with the comedy in movies now.

Being a big NBA guy I loved it when they named the 'baby' LeBron. Priceless.