EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

The Last Starfighter.

Love that film, I recall spending a long time daydreaming about such a thing happening to me after the first time I watched it! :laugh:

Watched the 1992 Frankenweenie short film on YouTube last night.

A bit rushed, the original Frankenweenie is a fun parody of some classic horror tropes.

7.25/10

Hotel Transylvania, I liked it, could have been better without the singing. It reminded me of the Monster Fighters theme. 7/10.

Edited by Brickus

'snip'

Apocalypto 'snip'

That is such a great film.

I watched Inside Man last night, I've seen it before but had forgotten most of it - didn't even remember it was by Spike Lee. It's a really good heist movie with some sharp dialogue.

Hopefully going to watch Raiders on iMax tomorrow :excited:

Green Zone. It was epic, though that's to be expected from any Paul Greengrass-Matt Damon movies.

Starship Troopers 3. A lot of people really don't like it on imdb. Bring on neo-insectoids Galaxy Quest!

:classic:

I watched Battleship recently. It is a movie full of explosions, heavy weapons and patriotism, but I really appreciated it, because it's really done to have a good time watching impressive scenes with a touch of basic humor. A massive blockbuster full of clichés without any philosophical or spiritual pretentiousness :tongue:

Ugh...brain fart overload. Didn't think I put that one already.

Last Ounce of Courage. Didn't know what to expect really going into it. Turned out pretty good, especially if you're a strong believer in saying Merry Christmas...not Happy Holidays.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Starship Troopers 3. A lot of people really don't like it on imdb. Bring on neo-insectoids Galaxy Quest!

:classic:

NOWHERE near as bad as the 2nd film! Don't think they needed the scene with all the nudity though. I thought they could've featured the Marauders a lot more (with clothes/suits on I mean).

The Running Man. Classic film with Arnie, I liked it very much indeed. Actually quite funny in places with some pretty neat quotes. I loved the Terminator referance too. :laugh:

Arnie: Killian, I'll be back.

Killian: Only in a re-run.

Edited by Scorpiox

Watched Raiders of the Lost Ark on iMax. I really don't like paying cinema prices and to take myself and two 10 year olds cost me more than the Complete Indiana Jones Blu-Ray box set (if you factor in petrol and parking) but this was really worth it! The picture was good (most of the time) and the sound was fantastic, but seeing the looks on the kids faces during all scary bits was priceless. If you're a Raiders fan and like me you've never seen it on the big screen I'd recommend you watch it now before it finishes on Wednesday - this is probably a once in a lifetime chance to see Raiders on the big screen (unless it gets another re-release to celebrate the Total Immersion Holographic Video Cube (TIHViC) release in 2027)).

Edited by Praiter Yed

unless it gets another re-release

As if George Lucas would use any old excuse to re-release anything... :laugh:

Watched The mixed martial arts film, Warrior, the other night. Nick Nolte and Tom Hardy were both amazing, as well as the film. :wub:

Well I just watched The Avengers. It wasn't bad at all. I :wub: Tony Stark. He is by the the best character in the whole movie and I think I want to watch the Iron Man movies again, can't get enough. :wink:

Well I just watched The Avengers. It wasn't bad at all. I :wub: Tony Stark. He is by the the best character in the whole movie and I think I want to watch the Iron Man movies again, can't get enough. :wink:

Wait, you hadn't seen it before? *oh2*

But I have to agree with you about Iron Man although, the film was worth watching just for Robert Downey Jr's acting. :wub:

I haven't seen The Avengers yet either and I'm a huge Comics fan. Isn't that funny? I should probably rent that, huh?

As for me, the last movie (if you can call it that) I watched was the last installment of Family Guy "It's a Trap!" Star Wars parody. I thought seeing Family Guy characters in SW form is neat, the last installment wasn't as funny as the first two. Which I guess was to be expected.

Hopefully I'll watch a good movie soon! I need my fix.

I watched the last installment of Underworld. Awakening I believe. Terrible. Awful. Not even Kate Beckinsale in skin tight leather made this worth the time.

I found the 1st Underworld movie to be fairly interesting, but thought the 2nd was a bit* silly, I didn't even bother with the 3rd. There's a part 4?!

A lot of people raved on about how good The Avengers was, I thought it was overrated. Not bad or anything, but I just don't equate expensive special effects with enjoyable movie. Same with the Batman movie, really. Superhero/action movies annoy me, too much unrealistic behaviour (and giant plot holes). Adds excitement, sure, but I just roll my eyes and say "as if". Robert Downey Jr was definitely the highlight of it, the humour involving Tony Stark makes the Iron Man movies enjoyable.

*a BIG bit

Saw Dredd 3D. Pretty cool action flck. The 3D was good. The slow down effect was awesome and the action didn't stop till the end.