Sign in to follow this  
sam89

New Avatar pics

Here's some new pics from LegoFan:

http://www.legofan.org/

My opinion of these sets has increased quite a lot. The Fortress and the Ship are looking MUCH better than they did from the small pics, and I'm considering getting both now.

It's nice to see some castle and KK pieces in different colours, most noticeably the helmet with neck portection in dark red. There isn't much to the sets, just a few bricks built around some large pieces, nothing special.

I doubt I'll get these, I've never even heard of the show! :tongue:

Jon.

Tks to Legofan.org who posted the following pics !!!

Here is the Air Temple

I just love that Temple (except those darn catapults !!! like with Spongebob !!!!) !!

and that Lemur is sooooooooo cuuuute !!!!!!!

I just hope that parts are printed !!!

The MFs are quite nice, and the dark red helmets are nice !!!!!

Yoda

post-255-1139351503_thumb.jpg

Your right jon it is nice to see lego mixing sets up alittle and different colours is always welcome if you ask me.

And here is the Fire Nation ship !!!

This thing is huge !!! Looks way better than what we saw on those small pics !!!

I really like it as well !!!

And we have finally a Female character !!! (Too bad its not a new hair piece !!)

The armours are also really nice !!!!!!!

I can't wait for this as well !!!

Yoda

post-255-1139351978_thumb.jpg

as jay said, it doesn't look very great, but the parts are good... i'm still not sure where TLG is going with this, but that's not my problem... :closedeyes:

i think that the ship looks so much cool than it first did. it appears that the small boat goes inside the ship. i may get that set, but the other i see no reason to spead my money on because there is nothing extrodanary about it

I'll likely get the ship for the figs and parts. High part count... wonder how much it will cost.

It looks ugly though. I assume that's mostly bley :(

My kids will probably like it, and they are the target audience (7-12). I'll undoubtedly end up getting the temple for them.

Oh, more money to TLC. That's OK.

I was already sure I'd be picking up an Air Temple, I only want it more now...

The ship isn't as ugly as it was before but sill a waste of money.

I'll likely get the ship for the figs and parts. High part count... wonder how much it will cost.

Toywiz.com says it's $50. An excellent price if you ask me!

Far better pics than the first ones, but I still don't get by any chance excited about this........at least not the way I am with Spongebob or Batman......there are lots and lots of pieces which is an advantage, but I won't get any...definitely :sleep:

Better save for Spongebob, Batman, Star Wars, Knights' Kingdom and Vikings........uhm, they're already a lot...thanks but no Avatar this time :wink:

Toywiz.com says it's $50. An excellent price if you ask me!

50$ for 700 bricks most of which are useful.That's darn good. A lot of large plates in there, railings, a nice girl fig...... I'm impressed.

too bad its bley. If it was real gray I would probably grab a whole bunch of them.

Wow im really impressed by year 06. Looks like their going back to the basics (probably ive said that before)! :smile: I just have to wonder why the nick license sets are less junioriized than the batman license or the KKIII line? :huh: maybe nick wanted them that way? And I personally dont care which grey they use, as long as it doesnt come in a junioriized set.

What the......what are these? I've never heard of these "Avatar"...when were they announced? And what the h*** are the "Avatar"? What's going on here???

They definately look...interesting.

What the......what are these? I've never heard of these "Avatar"...when were they announced? And what the h*** are the "Avatar"? What's going on here???

They definately look...interesting.

I believe avataras are the personal pictures used by members of various forums. I may be wrong, though.

:tongue:

-l2k-

My poor Wolf04 :-D !!!! Its not good for the sheppard to be lost loooooooooool

Before this thread, avatar was discussed primarly here and here

Where have you been :tongue:

Yoda

Oh man, these rock so hard. After last week when the pics from toywiz showed up, I caught the Avatar craze. After watching all the episodes, this really puts my Avatar obsession far over limits. Anyhoo, the sets.

At first, I thought the ship would simply be just a collection of plate-like pieces, but now? They look stunning. I also love the look of the figures, especially the newly repainted/redeccoed armoured pieces. In terms of accuracy to the show, this is so close, you can smell it.

The Air temple, though alot smaller than supposed to, looks stunning. I also really like the figures and the way they did the face, though it's a bloody shame that they didn't make a new hair piece and left Sokka and Zuko bald. Meh, looks great nonetheless!

I like the minifigs and the new colour scheme for castle parts like for example the helmets - other than that I think this theme sucks. The sets are badly designed and as useless as KK. Just my opinion.

KimT

I am confused. 772 pieces for $50 and 80% is dark bley. Is this a license product or a clever castle parts pack? Either way I am getting one.

I am not sure about the temple yet. I fear stickers which would drop the value in my eyes. I must say that the new disk launcher (which is totally unrealistic) is awesome and I will want a good dozen of those.

Pros:

-Female anime-like head

-Interesting baddie heads, great for your evil peach armies

-Cool armor prints

-Red helmets

-Nice torso prints and leggings

-Great amount of shield discs for your medieval army needs

-Lemur seems an interesting add to your RPG game monsters or jungle MOCs

-CRAZY piece count on the ship!

-Interesting cannon

Cons:

-Printed or Sticker windows on Air Temple

-The avatar's head leaves much to be desired

-The ship's anchor is silly

-Catapults!

-Red cannon discs

-Peach skin

I will definetly pick these up... Im so broke this year. :biggrin:

I like the minifigs and the new colour scheme for castle parts like for example the helmets - other than that I think this theme sucks. The sets are badly designed and as useless as KK. Just my opinion.

KimT

I'm not a huge fan of these sets either but I would hardly call them useless.... especially the ship, it's solid bricks! Not to mention red castle helmets, nice generic "medieval" torsos, a new female face, etc. I agree with SuvieD,

this is really just a Castle parts pack in disguise!