Sign in to follow this  
thomassio

MOC Marco Polos house in Venice

Hi there, My name is Thomas, and this is my MOC:

p1200268.jpg_thumb.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thomasio...ce/p1200270.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thomasio...ce/p1200269.jpg

folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=397514

inspired by the orient expedition comic at lego.com.

Johnny Thunder and his friends find a treasuremap in a house in Venice that once belonged to Marco Polo.

the treasuremap leads the adventurers to India.

what do you think?

Hi Thomas!

That's a great MOC, the house is very impressive with nice details like the arches and big windows. The bridge is excellent, very good use of minifig legs and nice SNOT on the steps. :thumbup:

To include the picture in your post you use this button rte-image-button.png when writing or editing your post and paste the url from your picture.

Will you make a MOC of the adventurers when they've come to India too?

Keep up the good work! :classic:

It is nice. :thumbup: And for direct posting a picture in the thread their is a button at the top of the posting screen it says "Inert Image" when you point at it. And their is a tutorials around here I think in "website & forum" threads if you need more help.

Very nice MOC 'Thomassio' !

Love the building - sheer beauty !

The boat is cool and an awesome scooter !

BUT you have posted it in the wrong place - Adventurers go in the Action Themes - so if it is in the wrong place I think someone like 'Sir Dillon' might correct it for you.

I'm a conformist! ! :classic:

very nice moc, were you inspired by Venice Canal Chase from Indiana Jones? Nevertheless, it is a very :wub: building, and your boat looks pretty darn good to, I like the architecture on the bridge too.

What a nice Venetian house! I love the details on the bridge, too.

Just two things:

I think you meant that this MOC is inspired by the Adventurers theme, rather than the Orient Expedition (which was a sequel theme of sorts), since Venice has nothing to do with the Far East. You even have the original Gail Storm minifig in your MOC, rather than Pippin Reed (the female companion of Johnny Thunder in Orient Expedition).

Also, this is not quite the right section for Adventurers MOCs, as they aren't considered historical enough (as funny as it is), so they're categorized as an Action theme here. But I'm sure the mods will get around to fixing this. :wink:

Ooh, this is really nice! I really like the detailing above the bottom floor windows, and the flower pots.

Let you in on a little secret, I've been working on a Venetian creation for a while too :wink: [different time period entirely, though]

Very nice, Vespa is SO COOL and clean. I love Venice and your MOC made me again nostalgic to rememebr my honeymoon in Venice :classic:

Thank you very much for the compliments!

I don't understand why adventurers isn't an historic theme, but sorry for placing it here.

Sandy: this MOC was inspired by this http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1506873 comic.

the first of nine comics shows how Johnny Thunder discovers the treasuremap in Venice.

nothing is inspired by the canal chase set, but the boat and the vespa are inspired by a level in the Indiana Jones videogame.

I'm still working on the interior, but I have very little time for building.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thomasio...or/p1200287.jpg

Nice fireplace and I am wondering where did the picture of the boat come from. (I think you need to re-size your pictures a little to big, 600x400 I think.)

Hello Thomas, thanks for sharing your creation. It's very nice.

Your images are very large though. Please don't embed pictures larger than 800 x 600. I've changed the images to links.

As others mentioned, Adventurer themed builds actually belong in Action Themes. I'll moved this thread to there.

Your Venice creation is spectacular and full of detail.

The bridge is well built and the house looks awsome yet it would be a pleasure to see the wrest of the inside once furnished.

Hello!

As a fan of ships and boats, I admire the technique to create a boat hull with those curved wedges. They give a perfect shape. The minifigure legs for the bridge are also a very nice idea. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

There are so many great techniques in this MOC, I cannot name them all!

Awesome motorcycle.

Awesome staircase. I like the minifig legs in the sides!

Awesome house.

Keep MOCing!

Some time ago I was in my lego room, and I found this old Moc half damaged under a lot of dust, so I made a new, smaller and final version.

02s.jpg

A gentleman is smoking his pipe, and the guy in the boat is in a troublesome situation.

06s.jpg

Inside are Johnny Thunder and his friends looking at a treasuremap.

08s.jpg

Presumably, the event takes place at the same time as The Last Crusade movie.

09s.jpg

More pictures here: folder What are those guys doing on the roof?

I hope you like it!

I like your modified/updated version a lot better. There is a lot of action going on in that scene, and the details are fantastic. :sweet:

Very well done! :thumbup:

One question: Are those windows official TLG or something you custom-printed?

Locutis

Edited by Locutis

Just fantastic, nice to see your wonder creation still lives 'thomassio' !

Plenty of action too ! :grin:

Brick On 'thomassio' ! :grin:

I love this Adventurers MOC! Its great to see another JT fan out here, do you mind if I use the setting for one of my Adventurers Tabletops?