Sign in to follow this  
Alex the Great

WIP

This is the starting of my imperial fort, comments and criticism welcomed! :pir-classic:

002.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

yes I deeplinked them!

Edited by Alex the Great

Good footprint you've got started! Perhaps you could deeplink the pictures though, just slap some [img.][/img.] tags around the URLs (but WITHOUT the dots)

Very nice so far! :pir-classic: looks like its going to be a nicely detailed fort. Just make sure it has a small amount of cannons.. :pir-look::pir-grin::pir-devil:

How many cannon is it going to hold?

I'm thinking of having 4

Any colour suggestions, I don't think I' ll be able to do it all white. I'm thinking of doing white outlined with gray on the corners.

Pier needs to go farther so large ships can dock. There should be a wall with cannons on it. It would be awesome.

Any colour suggestions, I don't think I' ll be able to do it all white. I'm thinking of doing white outlined with gray on the corners.

Do gray walls.. then if your going with inside buildings, like wall surrounding the buildings (kind of like a castle sorta..) Slant the walls a bit, then a watch tower.. and main buildings I think would look nice in a white and red, Example:

ext16-awnings.jpg

Except not striped. :pir_laugh2:

And as CallMePie said, Extend the pier..

Happy building!! :pir-blush:

Looks like a great start for your Imperial fortress MOC :thumbup: !

Yes, placing :cannon: is usually required for any 'decently strong' fortress during the Pirates age :pir-grin: .

I will be following this thread closely for any future progress.

I would try white and Tan (I know the tan is expensive if you don't have enough). If not I would try white and dark bluish grey.

The foot print/shore line looks great! Can't wait to see the progress.

Here is my updated fort, I have some questions. I don't have a jail yet, but I wanted to put an admiral's quarters in the back space. Should I put the jail there? Should I have a crane because the doors are not that big?

I will also add some design into the wall so it's not so bland, and change up the furniture of the soldier's quarters as it does not look good. All comments and criticism welcomed! :pir-classic:

265.jpg

267.jpg

268.jpg

270.jpg

271.jpg

276.jpg

I like what you have going here. The way you did the baseplate is great and very detailed but, you are also giving the fort itself a very classic look to it. I also like how you are doing the interior. Very nice fort. I look forward to you completing it. :pir-sweet:

I would make one suggestion, you are using a little too much red on the white walls. I know that you are trying to simulate the bricks but, it is starting to look like white with red poka dots. Other then that it looks great. Keep up the good work. :pir-classic:

I agree with what is said about the pier and the polka-dot walls. It's obviously still a WIP but I feel something is off. Maybe I find it a little odd that this gigantic fortress is on a tiny island. I was really impressed by the base but when the fort was added, I was a little let down. However, I'm confident that your changes will greatly benefit it. :pir-classic:

I'm looking forward to the completion.

As a person who has built a lot of forts, I can probably say that forts are the one thing I can talk about and at least pretend that I have some expierence in them. I have taken note of a lot of forts coming out lately and I find that the latest and best building technique with this type of fort is to build as much of it with 1x2 brick as possible. This will make the fort look more like it was made out of brick, and it will enhance your exposed red better. It will look more natural and the wall texture will look more realistic.

I have since demolished Fort St. Kendra I and Frt St. Kendra II and began work on hopefully the final design for III. I have found that building with the 1x2 is very enjoyable. It will require some 1x1 and some corner pieces but I think you will REALLY enjoy the final result. As much as I hate SNOT (studs not on top) have you considered putting in a tile floor in the barracks section? It might really make it look a lot better and you could make some sort of design in the center of the floor to really make the open space stand out? Have you also considered instead of having the bed being foot to foot, putting them on opposite sides and filling the space more? You could then out the table and some chairs in the middle and your room space would look fuller.

I don't mind the gray walls, but you will need to do something to break them up a bit. Unless te fort is amazin by its sheer size, I have found that solid walls simply are not eye appealing. Maybe mix in some dark gray 1x2s into the wall design and make it look weathered like the main fort?

I hope you find my suggestions useful.

-martinsuper

It's a nice fort so far, but the big hall is still a bit empty. Try putting there some more furniture and stuff like that.

For the rest it looks good, the bell is also nice :pir-classic:

Looks great! There are two pictures far too big, please resize them to 800x600 max.

I really like the interior, lots of details like the candles.

Keep it up! It's turning out really nice.

Alex it's looking great but your pictures are about 20 times too big, please resize.