Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

Hello,

Go to the shop this morning and buy: An unexpected Gathering Bag End ref 79003 from the Hobbit.

Edited by VWcharger69

After treating myself with the tower of orthnac I really wanted to take a break from big sets but for greivous and dooku I just had to get malevolence :classic:

I picked up the T-Rex Hunter set from Craigslist the other day. It retailed at $70 and I got it for $30. I missed out on that whole line last year so I was excited to get it. And since the T-Rex goes for almost $30 by itself, I thought it was a steal.

With that said, it came pre-built so I didn't have to put it together, which was odd. I normally have a ziploc bag full of pieces and the instructions. But as far as I can tell, that is one of the worst designed LEGO sets I have dealt with. The top rotors and the engine hull seem to want to fall off whenever I pick it up. The black arms on the dino grabber seem to pop off just by looking at them. Not sure how the designers got away with this one, but not the best set. But the Dino looks great by itself. Granted, his body parts come off quite easily also. Maybe I just got a defective set, like I said, it was on Craigslist. But not the best set there is. But I can't argue about the price.

I picked up the T-Rex Hunter set from Craigslist the other day. It retailed at $70 and I got it for $30. I missed out on that whole line last year so I was excited to get it. And since the T-Rex goes for almost $30 by itself, I thought it was a steal.

With that said, it came pre-built so I didn't have to put it together, which was odd. I normally have a ziploc bag full of pieces and the instructions. But as far as I can tell, that is one of the worst designed LEGO sets I have dealt with. The top rotors and the engine hull seem to want to fall off whenever I pick it up. The black arms on the dino grabber seem to pop off just by looking at them. Not sure how the designers got away with this one, but not the best set. But the Dino looks great by itself. Granted, his body parts come off quite easily also. Maybe I just got a defective set, like I said, it was on Craigslist. But not the best set there is. But I can't argue about the price.

Good score, that set was up on Craigslist forever, I wondered when somebody would pull the trigger.

With Walmart having their clearances start here, I picked up

Unexpected Gathering $49

Forest Police Station $54

(4) Uruk Hai Army $21

Batwing over Gotham $25

Millennium Falcon $99

TIE Fighter $35

Seaside House $35

Cavalry Builder $13(retail, but they are pretty nonexistent around here)

more Series 10 army builders

Last weekend, I visited the Vancouver Lego store to spend the most money that I have ever spent on Lego in a day. Most of the money was for 10211 Grand Emporium, which I decided on with the help from other users in the "What should I buy?" topic in the choice of 4 large sets. I also threw in a Summer Scene polybag, and 2 series 10 minifigs (Librarian & Warrior Woman).

At the checkout, I asked if they were still doing the Hero Factory promotion (which I was expecting). "Yes, but that's just for Hero Factory purchases," he said. Then he reached down to grab a polybag and said "Here, take one. You got a large set,". I typically avoid Hero Factory, but those brains have some appeal to me. I originally wanted it for the HF month contest, but that's over.

I have not yet opened the Grand Emporium. I am looking forward to building it. It is my second modular building set after the Pet Shop.

Went to Legoland Windsor yesterday so would have been rude not to pick up a box or to.

In the sale shop got Friends Advent calendar and a box of bricks for my daughter and a Lego lanyard for me to put my work id badge on. Then in the big shop picked up a couple of drinks bottles for my twin boys and then couldn't resist the delorian for me :-)

Ordered Technic 42009 Mobile Crane MK II from the Norwegian shop.lego.com yesterday.

I stayed up till 12 am thursday morning to snag

75020 Jabba’s Sail Barge....my first since i missed out on the last one

75021 Republic Gunship........my first

75017 Duel on Geonosis.....mainly for the new yoda figure but the set is awesome too

41010 Olivia’s Beach Buggy......because it was cheep and those brown heads

41020 Hedgehog's Hideaway....for the hedge hog for my city zoo

40057 Fall Scene.....just because of the three minifigures plus the nice brown bows pieces

30230 Mini Mech.....free

30106 LEGO Friends Ice Cream Stand....free

It was also shipped the same day as well which is pretty fast. I am glad i did though because the republic gunship is already listed on back order on the lego site till the end of the month.

Since I turn 45 tomorrow.......and paying the last 60 bucks owing at Target.......

10937-1.jpg

I decided at about 8 o'clock tonight not to cancel and pay it off......ah, now to built it all day tomorrow.....only a bottle of scotch is missing ! :laugh:

Yesterday took advantage of Argos's 3 for 2 offer on Toys and got the tree house (30101 x2), the family home (31012), Constitution train chase (79111), Monster Truck (42005) and GP Racer (42000). Today 41999 at the Lego store in Westfield London. I think I'm on Lego spend hold until October now.