Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Cottage of the Three Witches

indexed.gif

I wanted to provide you guys a closer look to a MOC I made for my latest LEGO comic, Queens' Quest (links can be found on my sig). It is the cottage of three witches, who are prominent characters in the comic. The cottage is located deep within a magical forest.

When I first started planning how to build the cottage, I knew I wanted it to be two things: picturesque and easily photographed. At first I went through ideas like the cottage walking on chicken legs (like in the myth of Baba Yaga), and it having a roof shaped like a witch's hat. Eventually I chose to take the more traditional approach to it, and here's the result.

witches1.jpg

Here's the overview of the cottage and the yard.

witches2.jpg

And here's the interior of the cottage, made for easy photographing.

Here's some close-ups from the downstairs:

witches3.jpg

witches4.jpg

witches5.jpg

witches6.jpg

As you can see, there's a fireplace, a stove, many witchy equipment and of course stairs leading to the room upstairs.

The upstairs up close:

witches7.jpg

witches8.jpg

There's a bed with enough size to fit three, a small desk and a chest for clothes. And a rat to give that extra rural feeling.

Now for the yard.

witches9.jpg

witches10.jpg

witches11.jpg

You can see a pumpkin patch (with pumpkins that alread have faces in them), an apple tree and a bush of roses, and a dishing vat.

There's an warding skull above the front door, keeping strangers from entering the house.

witches12.jpg

And finally, here's the outhouse.

witches13.jpg

witches14.jpg

There's a small shed for logs on the side of the outhouse. And of course even a witch has to "go" at times, so I built a seat inside.

Hope you like what I made! For this comic serial, I've taken a goal of making better and more complete sets for the pictures, and this is the first of them, with more coming, ranging from castles to ships to villages. :wink:

Let me be the first one to compliment you on this lovely MOC! I saw it in your comic and it looked beautifull on the inside and the outside. One of the best parts if you ask me is the roof of the cottage. Lovely!

Very nice Sandy -in fact, this is fantastic. You've really packed this cottage with a number of superb details. The interior is as impressive as the exterior. I like the use of the sand green roof slopes which really add to the nice design of the roof. Nice chimney and use of different colors for the bricks as well.

I was always fascinated with the legend of Baba Yaga and her hut on chicken legs. It would be interesting to see a hut in this manner, but I can see why you chose the traditional approach.

Excellent cottage! I think this is deserving of a front-page. :thumbup:

Excellent cottage! I think this is deserving of a front-page. :thumbup:

Oh wow! I'm honored... :blush:

I have to say that the way you made the fireplace was fantastic! :thumbup: I haven't seen a better ordinary looking Fireplace anywhere. :cry_happy:

Great work! :thumbup:

CastleLord.

Edited by CastleLord

Nice cottage! I really like the textured roof and walls and all the little details inside and outside. Nice work.

You can see a pumpkin patch (with pumpkins that alread have faces in them), an apple tree and a bush of roses, and a dishing vat.

So this is the medieval version of the Apple Tree House?

And... I'm also really liking the jack-in-the-boxes a lot of the staff and fellows have as their avatars now (Svelte has been busy? :grin: ).

(Svelte has been busy? :grin: ).

The Queen-Beatrix-in-the-box in my avatar is actually my own making, although Svelte did give us the initial idea, yeah. :wink:

hi Sandy,

that is a really sweet MOC with all kinds of neat details in there. :thumbup:

I really like the color scheme and the garden loo. :classic:

Kind regards,

Teddy

P.S. I really like your avatar design. :thumbup:

A fantastic MOC house Sandy :wub:

I really like the design of the house. The interrior is very nice, I especially like that bed. :wub:

The outside is really nice aswell, the apple trees and the pumpkins are all very nicely done.

The little outhouse is very cute and the woodpile alongside it is a nice touch aswell. :thumbup:

Great job with this!

CommanderFox

A very nice moc!

I love the small details that you have put in it!

The use of the anubis head/eyes from the indiana jones set is nicely done as well.

What a very nice moc. :thumbup::classic:

There's a bed with enough size to fit three, a small desk and a chest for clothes. And a rat to give that extra rural feeling.

No rural landhouse is complete without one bed for everyone and some unwanted pets. :grin:

(I hope it isn't your job to sell houses. :tongue::grin::wink:)

Edited by Wout

What I really like here is there is no section without some kind of detail on it!

The interior, exterior, yard, even the outhouse is built with big attention to details. Nice!

A very nice MOC, Sandy!

I think you have made an awesome job creating this cottage and there is many great techniques and details to admire.

One thing I really like is the way you built it to be able to photograph both the outside and inside. Somehow it makes the cottage look small on the outside and big on the inside and I very impressed by that. When I build houses I often gets one that looks big on the outside but really cramped inside, but you managed to create the opposite effect and I really like that. :classic::thumbup:

I also like the roof and the outhouse, very realistic :tongue: The garden is nice too but if I should mention something that could be improved it would be to include some elevation in the landscape. It doesn't have to be much, just a couple of green plates, because now all is standing directly on the baseplate which makes it a little bit too "flat" if you understand what I mean. But that's just a minor thing, the awesomeness of your MOC makes those kind of things very insignificant :wink:

Wow, Sandy, this is awesome, so much detail and so many little things to look at.

It really reminds me of a little cottage that a witch lives in, in the game The Legend of Zelda a Link to the past.

I love the interior and the different rooms out of such a small cottage. You have a great building eye and your creations always impress. :wink:

AWESOME MOC 'Sandy' totally awesome ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

Just love the detail in the kitchen, bedroom and of course the outhouse, you're right when you gotta go you really gotta go !!! :devil::grin:

You have three witches, a hot babe one, a really old one and one with pmt ?! so don't up set her what ever you do (you would soon find out what it's like to be a frog !). :grin:

Keep up the cool design work 'Sandy' ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

Wow I'm amazed at the detail in every sectionin of this MOC. The apple tree is great and so much detail in the kitchen.

The bedroom is very sleek and roomy, also love the out house and pumkin plants.

Fantastic MOC Sandy, can't whait until you unviell you next creation