Sir Dillon

Castle Sets 2010

Yo guys, one question. Are these kingdoms promo sets (30061, 30062) normal quality or are they considered to be bad/poor quality ?

I'd like to know, cheers !

Yo guys, one question. Are these kingdoms promo sets (30061, 30062) normal quality or are they considered to be bad/poor quality ?

I'd like to know, cheers !

Normal quality, although as far as I know the Archery set hasn't been sighted anywhere yet - it may not have even made it into production (not all promos do).

It certainly hasn't appeared on Bricklink at all whereas the 30061 one has been plentiful.

Rumours might appear in Oct./Nov. and the first blurry pics then in Dec./Jan. - at least this was the case with the most of the second half of the year sets in the last years.

Klaus-Dieter

Damn, I was hoping for earlier previews at least in early October but I guess we'll see them when we see them. I wish they at least let us in on what kid of sets/ new factions they will be adding to the line

All I am saying is my personal opinion.

That's all anyone says here; why people get bent out of shape all the time is beyond me.

I feel like it has gotten a bit stale and repetitive in the past few years. And while i will concede the point that the previous fantasy line was similar to LOTR, I feel like the theme was poorly executed.

I agree... seems like one of the shortest lived lines ever (except for the completely failed ones).

They could have come a lot closer to LOTR, IMO, and they could have done it without stepping on any copyrights or licenses... Neither the Tolkin estate nor NewLine Cinemas have a monopoly on dwarves, elves, orcs, trolls, or even "halflings," (a phrase other companies have used with impunity), if they weren't trying so hard to do fantasy without being LOTR, they might have done a better job... if they'd gone that last step and did elves, with some sort of grand tree-house instead of a castle, that would have completed the picture and I think a lot more people would have liked the line. I think the worst part was all the skeletons (and they pass them off as "minifigures" which, while maybe true, but I never really thought of them as such).

But the bottom line is that you can't make everybody happy... some people wanted more "realistic" themes. I think they could have given fantasy a bit more time, and I think the variety of sets you could come up with for fantasy could be a lot more interesting than the sets some people are now calling "stale..." it's just another castle, another cart, another drawbridge... it's not that they aren't better - they are! But it's the same stuff. That's not to say I don't like Kingdoms, but I liked Fantasy, too.

That's all anyone says here; why people get bent out of shape all the time is beyond me....................................

.......................they could have done it without stepping on any copyrights or licenses... Neither the Tolkin estate nor NewLine Cinemas have a monopoly on dwarves, elves, orcs, trolls, or even "halflings," (a phrase other companies have used with impunity), if they weren't trying so hard to do fantasy without being LOTR, they might have done a better job.................

Actually, some of those terms are copyrighted and/or registered. I know that the term orc is owned by Tolkien's estate and the term ork is owned by Games Workshop. In the late 70's Gary Gygax was sued by Tolkien's estate. Gygax and TSR games lost the case. In the settlement, Dungeons and Dragons changed the names ent and hobit to treant and halfling. In the case of the term orc, I believe payment was made. (It has been a while since I have discussed this, please correct any facts that might be out of place.)

Ahab out....................

Actually, some of those terms are copyrighted and/or registered. I know that the term orc is owned by Tolkien's estate and the term ork is owned by Games Workshop. In the late 70's Gary Gygax was sued by Tolkien's estate. Gygax and TSR games lost the case. In the settlement, Dungeons and Dragons changed the names ent and hobit to treant and halfling. In the case of the term orc, I believe payment was made. (It has been a while since I have discussed this, please correct any facts that might be out of place.)

Ahab out....................

Right... that's why I didn't say "Hobbit," I said "halfling," and didn't include any other original Tolkien words (as I did a search, I found they were not allowed to use Balrog or Trent, either... and I think that's fair, but I found nothing about Orcs).

Still... they could have used anything similar... even goblin.

"Back into Castle?" Like Legodad said, the people here ARE into Castle. The Lego Store in Phoenix, cant' keep the Castle Set or Prison Tower in stock, sold out the moment in arrives. I am starting to see some sets trickle into Targets now, but it's going strong. Hated the skelletons, Orcs were ok, Fantasy Knights were cool, MMV is and always will be AMazing and the new Kingdom sets are my favorite since the Black Falcons, thank you LEGO, thank you!

"Back into Castle?" Like Legodad said, the people here ARE into Castle. The Lego Store in Phoenix, cant' keep the Castle Set or Prison Tower in stock, sold out the moment in arrives. I am starting to see some sets trickle into Targets now, but it's going strong. Hated the skelletons, Orcs were ok, Fantasy Knights were cool, MMV is and always will be AMazing and the new Kingdom sets are my favorite since the Black Falcons, thank you LEGO, thank you!

Its funny they are all sold out in Pheonix. The castle sets in the UK are not very popular. Two of our biggest toysellers, Toys r us and Argos do not sell them. You can only find them in Lego store, S@H or special toy stockists. I have bought everything from the new line, and they have plenty of stock for everything in Lego store.

Visited our LEGO store in Georgia today, and despite having a very limited display, they had only the MMV... no other castle or kingdoms stuff.

Thanks for the photo's and the link 'ISC' - the queen looks fantastic and is that the king from Shrek in her hand ! :wink:

The wizard or should I say old Merlin is cool too ! :grin:

My favorite is the blacksmith and his gear, oh not forget the sword in the stone or dare I say round 2x2 brick ! :grin:

I want this set for Christmas now !

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Thanks for the link I scream Clone! I really like the queen. The detailed printing on her torso is really impressive.

Has anyone else noticed the incredible amount of spare parts? It seems like you get two extra dark pearl swords when you open the sword in the stone :tongue: Finally I'll be able to equip all my battle pack dragons (who now have their original light pearl weapons :angry: ). In sum: I can't wait to get my hands on this advent calender! Best, K.

Thanks, can't wait to have my hands on the...queen ? wait there's something here :p

Hey everyone, just a heads up (this may be old news), I picked up an Advent Calendar today at the LEGO store in Oregon USA. Looks like they are now out :)

Hey everyone, just a heads up (this may be old news), I picked up an Advent Calendar today at the LEGO store in Oregon USA. Looks like they are now out :)

Ditto, I my local TRU, in New York, stocks both the Kingdoms one and the City one; looks like they are out in the US first!

not much going on here lately, huh?

so now that we've seen lot sof pictures from new sets of 2011, i'm wondering what's with castle 2011. will there only be another wave later in 2011, or why don't we have pictures from new castle sets yet?

I too wish to ascertain the continuation of this promising theme. I worry, however, that it may have been a one year thing, and that year is up. I hope that my fears are vane because there is a great deal of room for expansion.

~Once again, Insectoid Aristocrat

In recent years Castle sets have been released in the Summer, not the Winter. Seeing as we're just getting to see prelims of the January sets now, I think it's a little early to expect to see the Summer sets. Usually pictures show up around end of January early February if I'm not mistaken, but I easily could be.

anyone know what set this female minifig is from?

Thanks

My link

Wow. I'll have to look into the Advent Calender. That's a great looking figure! :thumbup:

Edited by Ye Olde Pirate

I know for sure it's in the Advent Kingdoms Calendar, opened it yesterday ;-)

Also got some other nice minifigs in it, but think there's a topic about this allready.