Sir Dillon

Castle Sets 2010

Really appreciate the new pics - thanks!

Although I've never considered Castle my favorite theme (it is still among the top, though), I'm just not excited at all about the new Kingdoms line.

At best, all I can muster up is...Meh.

Besides some new helmets, there really doesn't look like a whole lot new to the Castle line that I would be remiss if I didn't collect. I'd grade TLG at a D for this new line. Particularly, when they're giving us so many new colors, bricks, minifigs, and elements elsewhere.

Step up, LEGO! Give Castle fans something really new to be excited about.

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is new blue wizard (Majisto???) from Advent Calendar.

Like all new wizards he has blank torso.

wizard.jpg_thumb.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is new blue wizard (Majisto???) from Advent Calendar.

Like all new wizards he has blank torso.

wizard.jpg_thumb.jpg

His face is so cute! The Print legs are nice too! (And I like fact that they keep stars on his hat)

Great figure :thumbup: especialy his face, Majisto 2.0 :tongue:

But where is his cape, and I don't like the color of his wand, the old one was better.

the Inventor

Well, he looks pretty nice, but nothing extraordinary, frankly speaking. ) :classic:

The printed legs are nice, as well as the hat, but again a bit simple, to my taste. The head looks like the one of the Fantady King, just older. ) That may come useful.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I am somewhat disappointed with this sets.

We get only 2 mounted knights (one of them is king), both for one faction. They are in biggest sets only.

Dragon knights get 1 armored knight without horse and you can't even use the horse from smaller set unless you have spare saddle.

That gives us only 3 armors in 2 biggest sets.

Dragon knights are also inferior in numbers, unless you buy only "Knights Showdown" and "Prison Tower Rescue" sets. There aren't any set in which they dominate with numbers.

As for equipment I don't like lack of big shields for Dragon knights (they don't have even one).

Last issue I have with Lion knight in "Knights Showdown", why is he the only one knight in whole series with grill helmet?

I do agree that the lack of a mounted Knights in the sets and especially for the Dragon faction is disappointing.

TLG has never released more than a couple of the euro armor pieces in a single set. I suppose you could ask for more but it sounds like you are saying this years sets are lacking. Historically it is pretty consistent with past castle sets. Also the dragon battlepack comes with a piece of chest armor.

I find any complaints that there are not enough dragon soldiers is kind of silly considering you can buy one battlepack to make up the difference. I give TLG props for letting us buy battle packs so we can reach any balance of soldiers from each side that we like.

I also wish the dragons had a large oval shield.

There are 2 grill helms in the lions battle pack. I have a feeling you haven't seen the battle packs yet... they are on page 49 of this thread.

The new wizard is interesting. His coloring is a throwback to Majisto.

I don't mind the lack of torso printing since the beard mostly covers it anyway. However, a cape would dress him up a bit and give him a little more flare.

Edited by DaleDVM

TLG has never released more than a couple of the euro armor pieces in a single set. I suppose you could ask for more but it sounds like you are saying this years sets are lacking. Historically it is pretty consistent with past castle sets. Also the dragon battlepack comes with a piece of chest armor.

I mean that there should be some armors in smaller sets, you know the ones you buy many of.

We had one in 5615, 7078, 7092 and two armors in 7009.

I find any complaints that there are not enough dragon soldiers is kind of silly considering you can buy one battlepack to make up the difference. I give TLG props for letting us buy battle packs so we can reach any balance of soldiers from each side that we like.

There are 2 grill helms in the lions battle pack. I have a feeling you haven't seen the battle packs yet... they are on page 49 of this thread.

I have already seen those battlepacks but you need to remember that battlepacks are only available on LEGO website.

Some of us can't buy them and others won't buy them because they are overpriced and the cost of shippment doubles whole price.

Thanks for the pic. I am disappointed he is blue and not red. I'd rather him red to match the Lion knights. I guess the Crownies will just have two wizards.

Edited by UsernameMDM

Thanks for the pic. I am disappointed he is blue and not red. I'd rather him red to match the Lion knights. I guess the Crownies will just have two wizards.

Well, the sand blue wizard didn't exactly match the Crownies, either, and neither did Majisto for the Dragon Knights. I think it's funny to assume that everyone in the same faction has to wear the exact same colors. He's a wizard, not a soldier in the Kingdoms army, after all. :wink:

I think the new blue wizard is a great addition to the line of mages we've been given. I'd like to see some new colors and shapes on the beards, though - even the tan beard that appeared in the Grand Carousel would be a pleasant change.

Thanks for the pic of the wizard, Nicholai!

I like the face and printed legs, both are very good. It's fun to see how TLG makes updated versions of the old 90's minifigs and factions. But I must admit that I'm not a big fan of Majisto because of the blue colour, I would have preferred something more discreet like brown or grey (but I guess the kids like bright colours better).

Well, the sand blue wizard didn't exactly match the Crownies, either, and neither did Majisto for the Dragon Knights. I think it's funny to assume that everyone in the same faction has to wear the exact same colors. He's a wizard, not a soldier in the Kingdoms army, after all. :wink:

I'd like them to be the same color as they would belong to the same court. The sand blue wizard goes fine with my Crown army because he is blue, just like how I am using the Viking torso with dark red arms to be the auxiliary/ranger force for my Lion Knight army. I may just use the legs and torso from the Skelly wizard as my Lion Knight wizard. Thanks for the idea Sandy.

:wink:

I can definitely see myself getting 5 wizards. Make a small battlemage corps, and the beard/minifig head can be great for other minifigs. Specifically the mini head.

I mean that there should be some armors in smaller sets, you know the ones you buy many of.

We had one in 5615, 7078, 7092 and two armors in 7009.

It is possible these factions may yet see more sets released late in the year or next year. Remember this is just the start of Kingdoms. I agree it would be nice to have a ready supply of those printed pieces of armor.

I have already seen those battlepacks but you need to remember that battlepacks are only available on LEGO website.

Some of us can't buy them and others won't buy them because they are overpriced and the cost of shippment doubles whole price.

If you do not have access to the battlepacks I am sorry. I did look at your profile but you have no location listed. Living in Chicago I have access to 4 LEGO stores and a LEGO discovery center. I also hit stores in other cities when I visit and or go to conventions. I must admit I am lucky in my access to LEGO products.

IMHO one thing is certain... the battlepacks are not overpriced. $3 per figure loaded with accessories is pretty reasonable.

:thumbup: On the topic of the wizard in the calendar. I do agree that a red wizard would have been nice. However, I would have preferred a white wizard. Oh... how sweet that would look! :sweet:

The wizzard really seems to be something for the AFOL's given his retro look. I like the figure, though I must say I liked the wands of other recent wizzards more. But then again, that is obviously easily fixed.

It seems that the Kingdoms calender will be loaded with many unique or rare minifigs! :tongue:

If I remember correctly, didn't Majisto have torso printing? Like a little belt and a pouch or something to that effect???

Conceivably, you could just use that torso with the new legs and have a super-detailed Majisto/blue wizard, and some clean blue body for whatever purposes you'd like. Sounds like a fair trade-off for such a small price.

Does anyone think TLG will change the battlepacks to include a great helm for the lion knights?

Doesn't seem like many people are disappointed that the great helm is missing in there :sceptic:

Does anyone think TLG will change the battlepacks to include a great helm for the lion knights?

Doesn't seem like many people are disappointed that the great helm is missing in there :sceptic:

The brickforge one is much better and more detailed and I personally wish that Lego had never made one. I just don't like it. That being said, they could change it, since most of these pictures are still preliminary. :classic:

The brickforge one is much better and more detailed and I personally wish that Lego had never made one. I just don't like it. That being said, they could change it, since most of these pictures are still preliminary. :classic:

Personally, I like the Lego Great Helm, especially because it comes RIGHT IN THE SET. :thumbup: Also, does anyone know if we'll be getting any better pics of the other sets?

-Santhor

I am quite disappointed in the makup of the battle packs. I would like to see the archer torso for the dragon knights and definately the great helm on one of the lion knights. Last but not least one piece of euro armor with the lion knights would be fantastic.

I am almost positive the battle packs we saw are mock ups/prelims. The torso/arms don't match what are in the sets, not to mention the dragon battle pack has only 1 style of visible torso. I am sure these will be changed (and hopefully for the better).

At first when I saw these sets I didn't like them at all (probably because I was really wishing an waiting for Fantasy Era to continue with the Elves), but now they've warmed up to me, especially the dragon knigh'ts and their tower.

But I'll still miss Fantasy Era (and the unreleased Elves :cry_sad: )