Sign in to follow this  
Commodore Hornbricker

WIP Fort Monck

I just finished building a fort.. but mine is more like a small house compared to your gigantic fort.. :pir_laugh2: I ran out of white 2X4's to.. >.> Not enough bricks to build anything anymore. :pir-hmpf_bad: anyway.. Awesome fort. :pir-classic: I'm sure it has a giant army to go inside.. :pir-skull:

oh and.. Sweet TV. xD

Edited by Davy_Blocks

This looks good. I like that gate on the side of the building and the red lines on the first picture. Are you also going to make stairs to the 2 big towers? It's still quite massive and could youse some details, but I suppose you add them later (it just looks a bit empty without all the minifigs). Good job on the arches as well. This is sure going to be a mighty fort!

This is astonishing already Commodore! It's size is gigantic! :pir-wub:

Now I'm waiting for the final result, with all the details on it it should be even more awesome.

Keep it up! :thumbup:

Wow! At this stage it looks more like the abandoned ruins of harappa than a construction site! Add some skeletons and a few archeologists and you can have two MOCS in one done. I'm looking forward to the end result.

Wow, that looks awesome, as well as the second set of pics posted.

I wish I had the patience to make a giant Vig/MOC.

Thanks for all the nice comments. I will continue to work away. It's actually a lot more complete than in the first pictures. So I'll have to reassemble it and take some more shots.

Wow! At this stage it looks more like the abandoned ruins of harappa than a construction site! Add some skeletons and a few archeologists and you can have two MOCS in one done. I'm looking forward to the end result.

Totally. I have been resisting the urge to put in cannons and troops until it is a little further along...but that is becoming an increasingly difficult urge to resist. A couple more weeks and then maybe I'll dress it up for some pictures as it won't be totally completed for a long long long time.

Wow, that looks awesome, as well as the second set of pics posted.

I wish I had the patience to make a giant Vig/MOC.

It does take patience. The only time I have had more than three plates next to one another was for the first pictures. I tend to have three sections out at a time while I am working and the rest are stored in big containers to keep the dust off.

The Citadel sits on three seperate plates. The ground floor has some open guard areas and the main tunnel/passage leading into the fort. Beyond the main gate is another iron gate that must be raised to admit passage. The second floor of the citadel houses two guns (left and to the right). The center is my very large (and empty) office. The third floor of the citadel is my personal quarters (also large and empty). On the back side ground level you can see a longer building that is for officers. On the second floor to the left you can see where the short brick wall is open. That connects to a walkway that cuts across the fort to the other side. From that walkway you would look down into the very center of the fort on one side and the large prison on the other which boasts 10 jail cells of various sizes and two pits plus a jail courtyard. Thats all done. The five main batteries are all constructed. Four at the courners and one in the center across from the citadel which has an elaborite central staircase. The main ramp was done and can be seen in the first photos. The small building on the ground floor to the right of the citadel (with the gate and doors on the side) is the treasury. There are also stables. The interior os the five batteries will serve as barracks, magazine, armory, messhall and perhaps a small chapel.

Probably hard for you to imagine right (though it is burned into my mind) now but the next WIP photos will show all these structures minus their interiors and dressings. I can't wait to lay it all out as I have not seen it together in such a completed state.

I love the way you did the sloped walls, I might have to copy that if I every build a fort. :pir-skull: That thing is massive ( You have heard this enough I bet :pir_laugh2: ) I can't wait to see your whole town compleat!

This is going to be some fort when it's said and done.

But I just had to break from lurking to say that all those great red sloped roofs on the citadel are just begging for some swashbuckling sword-fights, escapes by roguish pirates by sliding down the shingles, and hanging from the edge by nothing but a quickly thrust-into-the-eaves dagger.

This will be one impressive fort when it is done. :pir-oh:

I love to see all the small detail grow and i think you've made the layout very well.

Have you thought about breaking up those big white walls and red roofs by using some different coloured bricks in them?

You could perhaps stick some grey and tan in the walls here and there and perhaps some dark red and reddish brown for the roof.

Well it has been a long while since I update this Fort Monck topic with some new pictures. I did a lot of work on Monck a couple months back but never took pictures. This is only the second time the fort has been assembled all together. It was so large it had to be built in sections and stored away....until now. There are lots of little details and changes to be made still and a few flaws that need correcting but these photos show all the main elelments of the fort completed including the Citadel, the prison, stables, treasury, Officers Quarters, the five main batteries, the main ramp, the main stairs. You get the idea.

1262817324m_DISPLAY.jpg

12628173572_DISPLAY.jpg

12628173754_DISPLAY.jpg

1262817614m_DISPLAY.jpg

12628176171_DISPLAY.jpg

1262817725m_DISPLAY.jpg

12628177361_DISPLAY.jpg

12628177432_DISPLAY.jpg

There are a few more pics on my MOC page. The Port of Brick Royal.

There are certainly lots, lots of bricks used in here. I see a lot of nice ideas, it's not just a big fort, it's stashed with realistic chambers and some nice detail already.

I don't really like the white with red stairs, brown represents the colour of wood better I think. Although the whole fort's coloursheme looks nice. :pir-classic:

There is also a massive prison in there I see, ready to store some brave Bluecoats I guess? Prepare for the largest jailbreak ever! :pir-tongue:

Seriously though, I think you are doing a great job here Hornbricker! :thumbup:

Wow! That thing is huge! No, it is MASSIVE! Impressive but what are you going to do with that thing? What do the other people in your house say? You took over the dinner table lol. All sorts of curious questions come to my mind when I see something like this which is not often. I've only seen stuff like this on the Lego TV show which has the interviews with people conventions showing off their huge amazing creations. Is that what you plan to do with yours?

Very cool. I am tearing apart my fort and harbor shortly and starting anew. My biggest problem is that I am so short of space. I think rather than a huge undertaking like this, I am going to build a series of smaller more detailed forts. This way, if I wanted to bring them to brickworld it will be easier as well.

A very nice mini-fig scale fort you have!

Congrats!

-martinsuper

p.s. As much as I hate you, you are still my favorite redcoat!

There is also a massive prison in there I see, ready to store some brave Bluecoats I guess?

Thanks. No the prison is mostly for pirates we put the Bluecoats in the stew we feed them :pir-skull:

I've only seen stuff like this on the Lego TV show which has the interviews with people conventions showing off their huge amazing creations. Is that what you plan to do with yours?

Thanks. I don't have any plans to take it anywhere and I definately don't want to be on TV. I would like to do some brickfilms one day and I think it would make a great location.

I am going to build a series of smaller more detailed forts. This way, if I wanted to bring them to brickworld it will be easier as well.

p.s. As much as I hate you, you are still my favorite redcoat!

Cool. That sounds like a real good plan. I can't wait to see them. Space is always such a problem. My layout isn't have the size I'd like it to be but it'll have to do....for now.

Good to hear from you...you been busy lately? The forum needs its black sheep! :pir_laugh2:

Your doing such a great job with this. You've deffinitly come along way since i first checked out your mocpages back in feb last year, it was hard trying to see your vision from reading your original plan back then, but now its all fitting together and i can see where your going with this. Very epic indeed! The fort is looking great and the large size means you can cram loads of busy scenes into it. Cant wait to see this complete, im sure the time and hard work put in will be all worth it when you can finally stand back and view the finished product feeling very smug and proud of yourself :pir_laugh2: I look forward to going back to pirate mocs, but working on castle at the moment. I'll be sure to check up on your updates. Great work sir!

Wow Hornbricker...just wow. You beat me to it, but I'll catch up fort-wise sometime, lol. A beauty of a moc, excellent and definite :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh dear God - that is just stunning.

I can't wait to see more updates, and can't wait to see this thing when you begin to add in details, interior, weapons and minifigs

I love the shear size of it, but the best part is how realistic it looks. How many troops are going to occupy it? Great job, keep it up! :pir-classic: