Ricecracker, those stack-on products are a lot of money. I only bought 4 and paid 119.99 including shipping. How much did you pay for all those cabinets?

LegoKing

I got them for between 14.99 and 19.99 for each :grin: . I got them at my local hardware store.

Oh my. o_o

I will never be quite that organized. But I'm going out to buy some of those stack-on bins now. There aren't any on the Wal-Mart website... are you sure Wal-Mart has them?

Hi I'm a new guy from Italy and I would like to reply you............I think that you can keep your legos organized :vader::vader::vader::vader: using this stack-

on bins, you can find them in hardware stores...............you can keep your legos in some boxes for nails or stuff like this, this boxes are often stack-on :grin:

Ricecracker, those stack-on products are a lot of money. I only bought 4 and paid 119.99 including shipping. How much did you pay for all those cabinets?

LegoKing

Is Stack-on a brand? at Target you can get Akro Mills brand for about what Ricecracker paid, and at Menards and other home improvement stores they typically have a store brand version that run 12-16 bucks. I have 8 large and 4 medium from the "tool Shop" brand and they cost 12 and 16 dollars each respectively at Menards.

Is Stack-on a brand? at Target you can get Akro Mills brand for about what Ricecracker paid, and at Menards and other home improvement stores they typically have a store brand version that run 12-16 bucks. I have 8 large and 4 medium from the "tool Shop" brand and they cost 12 and 16 dollars each respectively at Menards.

Yeah, there are a couple of companies that make these things. I have five gray Stack-ons with the 30/9 configuration, which cost me $17 or so each at Home Depot. (bought over the course of several years)

I don't know whether it's a brand or not, but these are just the standard home brand from my store.

Stack-On is an official brand, but there's plenty of other (and cheaper) types out there.

I used to prefer Stack-on because of the crystal-clear drawers, but my latest one had the same cheap, foggier drawers that most other brands have :hmpf_bad:. Oh well, I may as well buy one of the cheaper brands now and save some money.

Stack-On is an official brand, but there's plenty of other (and cheaper) types out there.

I used to prefer Stack-on because of the crystal-clear drawers, but my latest one had the same cheap, foggier drawers that most other brands have :hmpf_bad:. Oh well, I may as well buy one of the cheaper brands now and save some money.

It's also interesting that the older, high quality ones had the Stack-on logo at the bottom, while their newer ones have no branding. I wouldn't be surprised if all these different brands come from the same manufacturer now and are just rebadged by different companies. :tongue:

Do the Akro Mills variety come with any dividers? Stack-on doesn't include them anymore.

Brandless for me :grin: Lidle and Aldi have them every now and then so I'll pick them up if they are cheap and i need them.

I just have 2 large tupperware tubs :tongue:

Dimensions are roughly:

Box 1: 65cm x 35cm x 30cm

Box 2: 60cm x 30cm x 25cm

I just have 2 large tupperware tubs :tongue:

Dimensions are roughly:

Box 1: 65cm x 35cm x 30cm

Box 2: 60cm x 30cm x 25cm

I used to do this but after a while I decided to organize them better. I bought 15 plastic tubs to sort them by color. I recommend it because it only cost me like $30 at CVS and right after I began building much better because I can now find the parts I need. The only problem is that it makes it allot harder to clean up.

Here's my setup (not the neatest and admittedly not the most organized, but it works for now):

storage1.jpg

Overview of the whole thing (don't mind the telescope :tongue: ).

storage2.jpg

This is where I keep most of my colors I have less of/special pieces/baseplates. Got the storage box straight from S@H, don't think they sell them anymore though.

storage3.jpg

Any colors I have too much of I move into these containers (plus minifigs and wheels), bought at Walmart a little less than a year ago (not sure of the price, maybe $2-3?)

storage4.jpg

For the colors I have more of than can fit in the clear containers, I move to the LEGO tubs (so far that's white, black and red, though light bley is quickly getting filled).

storage5.jpg

Finally I use these clear boxes for small technic pieces and 1x1 round plates. Not sure where I got them from, I think they were originally advertised for sewing or something.

Couple other notes, I use a large ziploc bag for the instructions I have and also a large bag for all my technic pieces and another one for animals. I really need to organize it better one day. :tongue:

Many of you have probably seen 'The Lair' before if you know us. If not, here's our storage/sorting setup that we have in our basement.

12357952331_THUMB.jpg12357952342_THUMB.jpg12357952374_THUMB.jpg

12357952672_THUMB.jpg12357952407_THUMB.jpg12357952661_THUMB.jpg

You can see larger pictures and some info. on 'The Lair' over at my MOCPages page. Interestingly enough...LEGO is now starting to spill into the rest of the house as well. :classic:

-Dave

ToT-LUG

Interestingly enough...LEGO is now starting to spill into the rest of the house as well.

I believe it, you have A LOT of Lego :pir-oh:

I noticed you are new. Welcome to Eurobricks.

I really haven't gotten around to sorting out my collection yet(still coming out of my dark age). I'll probably make it my summer project to sort my legos into small plastic bags after I get back from Japan.

I believe it, you have A LOT of Lego :pir-oh:

I noticed you are new. Welcome to Eurobricks.

Thanks for the warm welcome Broadside. Yeah, I'm new to Eurobricks. Been in the AFoL community about six years now since coming out of my dark ages. I've been collecting LEGO since before I can remember. Mom started buying me sets as soon as I was born and she just held onto them until I was old enough to play with them. After 29 years...I have amassed quite the collection. Having a good job, no kids, and a 'sugar-momma' wife helps too. :tongue:

-Dave

3 bins about 75 x 45 x 15 centimetres. One for Bionicle (which I might sell) and two for lego. Not sorted any more specifically than that.

Ehh, I might sort it sometime....

3 bins about 75 x 45 x 15 centimetres. One for Bionicle (which I might sell) and two for lego. Not sorted any more specifically than that.

Ehh, I might sort it sometime....

I would recommend sorting it even if it seems like a daunting task. I used to have a similar thing but I spent a week sorting for a few hours a day and finished. Even if you just do it by color you will be able to find the part you want rather quickly.

I would recommend sorting it even if it seems like a daunting task. I used to have a similar thing but I spent a week sorting for a few hours a day and finished. Even if you just do it by color you will be able to find the part you want rather quickly.

Yeah I really think it would be a good project for the summer... I do have a lot of free time!

It does seem daunting, but I'd rather sort by size/type. If I really feel ambitious I could go both ways.

My current sorting system is, well, non-existent. I usually store all my sets in their original form according to theme. I have 2 tubs, one filled to the brim with Bionicle, the other with City, Mars Mission, and Exo-Force. I have three shelves for display, one showcasing my Glatorian and Agori, and the other two currently empty. I have a bin for my Slave I and other Star Wars sets and a smaller bin for Agents/ Castle. My three Pirate sets are on my bookshelf. My Harry Potter sets are waiting to be displayed. Not organized in the least bit...

Mom started buying me sets as soon as I was born and she just held onto them until I was old enough to play with them.

YOU ARE ONE LUCKY FELLER :thumbup:

I am using mainly plastic zip lock baggies, sorted by color. My minifigs are all in bags, and their weapons are in seperate bags as well. I really need a better system though.

Been in the AFoL community about six years now since coming out of my dark ages. I've been collecting LEGO since before I can remember. Mom started buying me sets as soon as I was born and she just held onto them until I was old enough to play with them. After 29 years...I have amassed quite the collection.

-Dave

Do you know how many pieces you have altogether? I know Brickset has a piece counter now.

Do you know how many pieces you have altogether? I know Brickset has a piece counter now.

Spyder:

Not entirely sure. I know what all we have for sets and, according to LUGNET, that accounts for about 241,000 pieces. However, we have also purchased a number of collections on E-Bay, at garage sales, and from colleagues at work in addition to doing a ton of Bricklink-ing over the past 3-4 years. I haven't done the best job of keeping track of these purchases so I'm a little fuzzy on the exact count. My best guess is that we are somewhere around 300,000 pieces right now (give or take 25,000).

There is a link to our setlist on LUGNET in my signature.

-Dave

ToT-LUG

Dave_ToT-LUG:

That is OK. I was just wondering, and I don't keep track of my pieces either. I know I definitely have more pieces than Brickset says I do. Garage sales can hold amazing treasures! (If they have Lego) :sweet:

Edited by Spyder