Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Bluebeard

Now that there are new Pirates sets...

Now that there is a new line of LEGO Pirates and a new captain, do you think Brickbeard will eventually become the "face" of LEGO Pirates as Redbeard did back in the 1990's?; or will Redbeard remain as the Pirate minifig to rule them all?

Post away!

Bluebeard, out-

well, depends. if LEGO made different captains other then brickbeard then RedBeard will remain. but with the new colors and new parts. brickbeard will rise in fame and RedBeard will Retire from pirating. :pir-sceptic: so... yea...

I think everyone that remember the classic era will continue to have Redbeard as the head symbol of LEGO Pirate, but the new pirate fans that hopefully has emerged now will probably hold Brickbeard as the "face" of the pirates. What TLG will do is harder to tell, all their actions are cunningly concealed :pir-tongue:

Just a little note: Brickbeard is actually called Redbeard in Sweden. And Redbeard was called Captain Roger back in the days. Quite confusing I say :pir_laugh2:

Redbeard = LEGO Pirates.

If Ironhook didn't even replace him as the figurehead of LEGO Pirates, then no way in hell that Brickbeard will. Even if TLG decided to change the "face" of pirates, Redbeard cannot be replaced. It would be like Mutt taking over the role as Indiana Jones, it just shouldn't happen, it would ruin everything.

Edited by Fluyt

I think that for people whom played with classic Lego Pirates Red beard will remain the face of Lego Pirates. But for the younger generation (like me) who haven't played with classical pirates Brick beard will become the face of Pirates (assuming Lego continues to produce him). And in many years once the majority of current Pirate fans are replaced by the newer generation, Brick beard will be the face of Lego Pirates. At least that’s what I think if it makes any sense :pir-look: .

In the eyes of recent fans, of course, since they wouldn't even remember Redbeard. In the eyes of older fans, it will never ever happen. :pir-tongue:

Redbeard = LEGO Pirates.

If Ironhook didn't even replace him as the figurehead of LEGO Pirates, then no way in hell that Brickbeard will. Even if TLG decided to change the "face" of pirates, Redbeard cannot be replaced. It would be like Mutt taking over the role as Indiana Jones, it just shouldn't happen, it would ruin everything.

I think that's a poor analogy, personally. In the new Indiana Jones movie, Mutt just played the role of Indy's inexperienced sidekick. On the contrary, Brickbeard has taken the helm as the captain of Lego Pirates as soon as he appeared, and he's being portrayed as every bit as mighty as Redbeard. :pir-wink:

I think that's a poor analogy, personally. In the new Indiana Jones movie, Mutt just played the role of Indy's inexperienced sidekick.

I'm not saying Mutt took over, but if BB would replace RB, it would be the same as if Mutt took Indiana Jones's place.

I'm not saying Mutt took over, but if BB would replace RB, it would be the same as if Mutt took Indiana Jones's place.

But you must understand that in the eyes of those who weren't born when the original Indiana Jones films came out, Mutt might just as well take his place in the future - especially if he gets films of his own.

It's pretty similar to the situation of the LEGO pirate captains. How can you expect kids to admire Redbeard if they have never even played with that minifig? To them, Brickbeard is the real deal pirate captain, and in the long run, he might just as well replace Redbeard.

But Grevious is right, Mutt is just a sidekick for now, whereas Brickbeard would be more like Indiana Jones reborn.

Redbeard will rule forever there is no one can beat him never :pir-classic:

When ya think about it Redbeard is one of the most iconic mini-figures of all time. Probably helped along by the LEGO Group frequently using his image to represent SYSTEM Pirates even after the original Pirate theme went out of production.

Will Brickbeard supercede Redbeard? Only time will tell, but I personally think Brickbeard is just an updated version of Red Beard anyway.

Well, for me RedBeard is THE captain. I'll allways remember his powerful ships and crews and, above all, the amazing sculpture of him in the pirate ship of Legoland Park in Billund. :pir-wub:

For the moment, BrickBeard is just a poor amateur and will have to impress me very much for considering it a noble successor of the great RedBeard... :pir-hmpf_bad:

Back in the day, Golden age of Piracy, there were many pirate vessels and thence many Pirate Captains. Blackbeard, Calico Jack Rackham, Captain Kidd, Stede Bonnet, Black Sam Ballamy, Black Bart, etc, many captains. Those are the few we know about. There can be more than one. There does not need to be One mightiest Captain of the all. I have Five vessels and so five Captains. Ironhook did not replace, by any means, Redbeards and now we have a second well dressed Captain. They could even work together to give the soldiers a run for their money. As it is I have like 10 Redbeards adn 3 Brickbeards and two Ironhooks, so it is not like they are replacable anyhow(in my story).

Redbeard is one of the most Iconic minifigs ever produced IMO (I got about 50 of him, most of the torso's serving in my Napoleonic Army by now as Auxilliary forces).

But as Mister Phes says, Brickbeard does look a lot like him, and I really believe he is an updated version of him, just too many similarities! After all the new redcoats are also updated versions of the old redcoats, commanded by a Governor and such.

And we must remember that Redbeard was sailing the seas 20 years ago now, at some point a pirate has to retire and enjoy all the booty he's stashed over the years.

Unless he's the Dread Pirate Roberts! (My apologizes, I had to bring that up.) Truth be told, it actually took a second glance for me to tell that a new captain had been released when I was looking at the catalouge. That tells me that Redbeard is in no danger of being replaced as the symbol of Pirates.

Brickbread IS Redbeard and Redbeard IS Captain Roger. Roger and Redbeard are the same figure (I call him Roger ''Redbeard'', just ''Redbeard'' being his nickname) and Brickbeard is just an updated form. ''Brickbeard'' is a stupid nickname that the inhabitants of the Lego-verse wouldn't give him and thus this new figure is still Captain Roger Redbeard.