• Lego Website
    • Local store
    • Only Lego store
    • Ebay
    • Amazon
    • Bricklink
    • Most of the above
    • All of the above

I was just looking at prices and am wondering where is the best place to buy lego from? I buy mine mostly from Only lego stores as they have more discounts but is it cheaper to buy it directly from the Lego company itself?

By the way, if this is in the wrong forum than can someone move it please? Thank you :classic:

Edited by pr0visorak

I have been used for the few past years to buy most of my LEGO sets from a Toys'r'us store that is close to my house and from the LEGO website when they have promotions.

Moreover, I buy a lot of sets during TRU promotion buy two LEGO, get the third one for 1 €.

Last week (this promotion happened last week in France), I bought 9 sets at once. :tongue:

i buy from local store wherever i found them cheap or on discount, personal, ebay and bricklink.

since i'm in Indonesia, i can't buy online at S@H. sigh.

I usually buy from shop@home but a local shop sells some old stuff like studios, orient expedition, alpha team as well as fairly new stuff too. Also if I go to Legoland maybe once or twice a year I always buy from there. Also isn't this the wrong topic, you did not state it was Star wars lego only.

Edited by Skipper 24

I shop at my local zellers. Stuff that isn't supposed to be available in Canada as well as exclusives from other stores seem to turn up there. A few examples I've seen: The TIE Crawler, supposedly an S@H exlusive, the Dwarves Mine, apparently unavailale in Canada. And, just recently, the fighter tank, by all accounts a Target exclusive.

Local store, since it the most convenient to me. I've ordered from BL a few times for specific parts, but that costs a lot more. I've never bought from a Lego store, but hopefully over the holidays I will visit one. I never buy from eBay or Amazon, for security reasons. :classic:

Also, I think this should be in the Lego General News & Discussion forum. :wink:

Edited by JimButcher

Mostly Target and Walmart(TRU is too far and seems pretty lousy)

Also Im gonna make a purchase on Amazon soon

I buy my lego from shop at home, ebay, bricklink, toysrus and many other places that have lego. I would suggest not buying from amazon is becuase some of their items are way too expensive. They were charging $400 USD for set 7163, republic gunship and I got it off bricklink for $93 USD including shipping with all minifigs.

I buy my lego from Wal-Mart, TRU, Target, Shop@home, Lego Store and ebay. I haven´t buy from Bricklink yet but I am planning an order from there in the next three months :tongue: .

Edited by darkrebellion

I buy my lego from Wal-Mart, TRU, Target, Shop@home, Lego Store and ebay. I haven´t buy from Bricklink yet but I am planning an order from there in the next three months :tongue: .

EDIT: Sorry for the double post :blush:

Edited by darkrebellion

In Aus, it's often cheapest to get mine from stores like K-mart, Target, Myer and Big W. They all regularly have sales and between them stock almost everything. Also you save on the ridiculous shipping costs of lego shop at home ($45 for any size order, and that's not express post). The only downside is the sets sometimes come out quicker at shop at home, but it's a small price to pay. I avoid toys r us except if they've got an exclusive I really want or something I want on clearance which isn't that often. Their prices are often above RRP, whereas the other stores regularly have 10-20% off and K-mart and Big W's prices are often lower than RRP at full price anyway.

For parts, of course bricklink is the way to go, better range, prices and shipping than shop at home.

In Aus, it's often cheapest to get mine from stores like K-mart, Target, Myer and Big W. They all regularly have sales and between them stock almost everything. Also you save on the ridiculous shipping costs of lego shop at home ($45 for any size order, and that's not express post). The only downside is the sets sometimes come out quicker at shop at home, but it's a small price to pay. I avoid toys r us except if they've got an exclusive I really want or something I want on clearance which isn't that often. Their prices are often above RRP, whereas the other stores regularly have 10-20% off and K-mart and Big W's prices are often lower than RRP at full price anyway.

For parts, of course bricklink is the way to go, better range, prices and shipping than shop at home.

Pretty much summed up what I and probable the majority of us Aussie's do.

But the problem like you said is TRU Gets some exclusive sets like X-Wing & Hoth base....Which I both had to buy from there :hmpf_bad: But I got the X-Wing for $60 which I think was pretty good. :classic:

But yea BL is pretty good.

How much is shipping by the way if you want to buy from the lego website? Does anyone know?

Depends on your country, There should be a link to aprox shipping amount at the bottom of the Shop at home LEGO Site. :wink:

Depends on your country, There should be a link to aprox shipping amount at the bottom of the Shop at home LEGO Site. :wink:

Thanks for the info :classic:

I haven't voted, because I mostly buy from a mix of places.

Top three are probably Shop @ Home, Smyth's Toys (Irish toy store chain that has almost all the non-S@H exclusive sets, and moslty at S@H prices or occasionally cheaper) and Ebay.

Then are other local stores (Art & Hobby, Tesco, Argos) and finally, bricklink (I've only placed a couple of orders for missing/special/novelty parts).

You should have allowed more than one option...

Lego Website - Yes, particularly for hard-to-find or S@H-exclusive stuff

Local store - Yes, if I can find it, Sometimes, they're cheaper than shop.lego.com too. w00t!

Only Lego store - No, there are no Lego stores in Michigan. When I was in Germany for studying, I did get some stuff at Legoland (I was in Ulm, the nearest city over 100k people to Günzburg).

ebaY - Nah, I don't like bidding. I don't make much money here in the Land of Unemployment, so I want to know how much I'll be paying.

Amazon - They sell Lego stuff?

Bricklink - I recently placed my first order.

I purchase classic sets from eBay, new sets from Amazon, and mainly parts from BrickLink.

New sets that are still in production I purchase from the LEGO website or eBay, depending on where they are cheaper. I also buy parts from the LEGO website, because train parts are often cheaper there than on bricklink. From eBay I often buy sets that are still MISB like rails or 9V motors, but also other new sets not related to trains that have not been opened. I also use eBay to get parts. I mainly use bricklink to get parts, but I've also bought MISB 9V motors from there, and I would also buy sets from there if I managed to find one for a reasonable price. So far I've never bought anything from amazon.

Edited by legotrainfan

Most of the time i will order from the lego websit (Because i like getting them in the mail and its easier) :pir-tongue: But other than that its at the store. (local) AND ive been hoping to use bricklink :pir_laugh2: