A Little while ago I posted part of my Dragon Knight army as they marched to war:

Off to Isil-Oro by Sir Valiant ~, on Flickr

I still need to do an official count but in the picture there are 28 soldiers.

Small, compared to some here :blush: but suitable for me!

Sir Valiant~

It's very nice indeed. You even create scenery for it. Well done :classic:

A Little while ago I posted part of my Dragon Knight army as they marched to war:

ff to Isil-Oro by Sir Valiant ~, on Flickr

I still need to do an official count but in the picture there are 28 soldiers.

Small, compared to some here :blush: but suitable for me!

Sir Valiant~

Impressive army - in perfect marching order!

Those goblins look great! I recognize 3 of the heads, but the head & torso on the front/left is not familiar.

Thanks. :blush:

The unfamiliar head is the monster's from set 9466 Crazy Scientist and his Monster: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3626bpb0772 , and the mystery torso (but not arms/hands) is from set 79003 An Unexpected Gathering: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=973pb1338c01 . I changed the original arms and hands for olive green ones.

Also, did you "polish of Nail" the patch off of the goblin hat in the back?

You spotted that? :sweet: Yes, I removed the patch using metal polish.

And while I'm posting, here's my force of death knights:

death_knights.jpg

Ah, the hobbit torso suits well! I wonder if it's worth picking up a few, I only have 1 of that set. The monster fighters head is the best of the swapped ones. I have all of them, the only other olive green head I can think of is the cyclops, but he is even more cartoony, and I don't think it would suit.

Ah, very nice. I should have recognized both of those pieces. They come together to make a fantastic goblin.

I may have to try the metal polish removal method. The goblin design is great, but that patch in particular makes for a too-uniform grouping.

I may have to try the metal polish removal method. The goblin design is great, but that patch in particular makes for a too-uniform grouping.

Indeed. When removing print using metal polish, the only thing I would caution against is rubbing too hard. It's easy to overdo and damage the sheen as well as removing the print. Once the print starts to go, proceed carefully by gently rubbing a bit more, then checking, then rubbing, then checking and so on until the print is just about gone.

Ah, the hobbit torso suits well! I wonder if it's worth picking up a few, I only have 1 of that set. The monster fighters head is the best of the swapped ones. I have all of them, the only other olive green head I can think of is the cyclops, but he is even more cartoony, and I don't think it would suit.

The cyclops has only one eye, so it looks a bit silly.

There is also "Mutated Dr. O'Neil" which is just about OK, although shame about the pink nose. Some of the SW Neimoidian heads are OK too. Crawley from Chima is not too bad, although a bit too toothy. OK for a bit of variation in the background.

And if you don't mind going to sand green, then there are loads of options.

Edited by MAB

The cyclops has only one eye, so it looks a bit silly.

Well if they had more than one eye they wouldn't be cyclopses lol :wink:

Btw I do think it's not the best choice, even though one can always give a try and see how it looks. It takes few seconds to change headpieces :wink:

Neimoidian Minifigures are not very easily found. Officially they are all sold out so you have to look around and I'm sure it won't be cheap, unless you buy from someone who doesn't know it's rare ( Now I expect a "no it's not so valuable" but honestly the most recent one was available only in one set and it's already sold out so it makes it rarer than many other Minifigures) :classic:

There is also "Mutated Dr. O'Neil" which is just about OK, although shame about the pink nose. Some of the SW Neimoidian heads are OK too. Crawley from Chima is not too bad, although a bit too toothy. OK for a bit of variation in the background.

I never paid attention to the turtles after wave 1. I forgot about neimoidians, I even have the heads on a LOTR wanted list! :facepalm: I also forgot about Chima! I even tried Crawley's head for my orc army in the Middle Earth contest recently. :facepalm: He didn't quite fit in either, too toothy as you say.

And if you don't mind going to sand green, then there are loads of options.

Sand green & olive green don't mix too well in my opinion. I think you need to go with all one or all the other.

Custom torsos look nice, but sadly make the legs look dull! They might look better with printing/decal too.

Sand green & olive green don't mix too well in my opinion. I think you need to go with all one or all the other.

Yes, I wouldn't mix them within a single figure. But I mix up figures in an army - I also use figures with tan and dark tan alongside sand and olive green.

Leaning as I do to the Woodland side of the fantasy spectrum I feel I should invade this icky greenskin topic and march my Wood Elf army straight into proceedings... :tongue:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105135

Death to all the greenie meanies! (well - until I start building a greenskin army obviously... I means someone's going to have to invade the forests aren't they!)

much love

D

16208698967_6313511dbc_c.jpgMiddle earth evil army by Black Numenorean, on Flickr

There are:

-183 orcs (73 gundabad orcs, 22 hunter orcs, 77 mordor orcs, 5 goblins, 4 moria orcs)

- 2 trolls

-Smaug

-13 wargs

- 8 nazguls , switch king and Sauron

-2 umbar pirates

-9 Est soldiers

- 55 Uruk Haï ( 26 with white hand in helmet, 2 berserker, 26 uruk)

-Saroumane

-Snake

Thank you for posting - and this is exactly what I like and hate about the majority of armies out there!

Love the orcs in black armour with the breastplates with red markings (middle front) and I also love the large white hand banners for the Uruk hai...

But why have the gundabad orcs not have weapons? Not any of them?!

And have you thought about what type of army it is - how it would fight... What type of units it should have?

The MOC's on your Flickr page are beautifully designed and thought out - the army here feels less so to me.

(I still think it's cool you have a good collection of models though)

Much love

D

Hi

I just wanted to share my army with weapons and without weapons. I had other arms but it was not in harmony. So i let the gundaband without weapons.

It is not a moc , therefore there is not action and no movement.

I juste shared it.

However, in a futur, i will create moc with army.

Sorry buddy - my poor communication...

I like armies on their own... No MOC necessary in my opinion - a well developed and thought out army in formation or marching is beautiful enough as it is!

I guess in the same way MOC-ers encourage, inspire and challenge each other with their builds... I want to do the same with people building armies... I want to see more of http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=98232 but with fantasy armies!

Much love

D

Edited by nine09nueve

Most armed forces don't spend all of their time with weapons drawn. If they are holding a larger weapon like a spear, then they would have it in hand at all times, but most smaller weapons would be sheathed. That is an excellent army Black Numenorean.

Don't be afraid to post incomplete armies, or uniform armies. Everyone's taste is different. Uniformity has it's place, as does individuality. A lot of armies are going to look like a bunch of clones - kind of like if you had an army of McDonald's employees. All of their floor staff would have the same uniform and all of their managerial staff would have the same uniform. This is the way organized forces have often looked through the ages. Your Roman Legions would have looked like an army of clones, would they not?

I have held off on posting some of my armies as they aren't quite finished yet, so I have yet to post the majority of my forces...... after 5 years. I like to see everyone's forces, regardless of how they look because that's what they want to show.

That's quite the army Nine09Nueve. You have about as many Elves as I do! I really like the formations and the individuality of your troops.

Sorry buddy - my poor communication...

I like armies on their own... No MOC necessary in my opinion - a well developed and thought out army in formation or marching is beautiful enough as it is!

I guess in the same way MOC-ers encourage, inspire and challenge each other with their builds... I want to do the same with people building armies... I want to see more of http://www.eurobrick...opic=98232��but with fantasy armies!

Much love

D

No problem Nine09, i understood what you said.

Most armed forces don't spend all of their time with weapons drawn. If they are holding a larger weapon like a spear, then they would have it in hand at all times, but most smaller weapons would be sheathed. That is an excellent army Black Numenorean.

Don't be afraid to post incomplete armies, or uniform armies. Everyone's taste is different. Uniformity has it's place, as does individuality. A lot of armies are going to look like a bunch of clones - kind of like if you had an army of McDonald's employees. All of their floor staff would have the same uniform and all of their managerial staff would have the same uniform. This is the way organized forces have often looked through the ages. Your Roman Legions would have looked like an army of clones, would they not?

I have held off on posting some of my armies as they aren't quite finished yet, so I have yet to post the majority of my forces...... after 5 years. I like to see everyone's forces, regardless of how they look because that's what they want to show.

That's quite the army Nine09Nueve. You have about as many Elves as I do! I really like the formations and the individuality of your troops.

Yes ^^. Unlike you, i prefer show you my army today. And then show the evolution of the army (with stuff, weapons and the attitude in moc ^^)

Edited by Black Numenorean

There are:

-183 orcs (73 gundabad orcs, 22 hunter orcs, 77 mordor orcs, 5 goblins, 4 moria orcs)

- 2 trolls

-Smaug

-13 wargs

- 8 nazguls , switch king and Sauron

-2 umbar pirates

-9 Est soldiers

- 55 Uruk Haï ( 26 with white hand in helmet, 2 berserker, 26 uruk)

-Saroumane

-Snake

Wow! Coool! I love images of large fantasy armies. My own own Uruk army is only thirty-something strong. It feels pathetic compared to yours. Makes me ashamed to post pictures.

...Makes me ashamed to post pictures.

Do not be ashamed. This is a topic for posting your army, not a contest of who has the most of any minifigure. Everyone can build a unique and interesting army, and a few unique figures with interesting part combinations can be more interesting than armies of clones (though both can be interesting to different army builders).

I am looking forward to seeing more armies like your Death Knights!

Edited by Slegengr

Do not be ashamed. This is a topic for posting your army, not a contest of who has the most of any minifigure. Everyone can build a unique and interesting army, and a few unique figures with interesting part combinations can be more interesting than armies of clones (though both can be interesting to different army builders).

I totally agree! We are here to share our hobby not to show off we have more Minifigures than others :wink:

Even a very small army can be interesting and also a chance to create a story about it, to share "anecdotes" on its build, to make some nice photo (even some photo editing like a "fancy" background etc).

It's our hobby and we are all here to have fun and relax. That's what hobbies are for, after all :classic:

I totally agree! We are here to share our hobby not to show off we have more Minifigures than others :wink: Even a very small army can be interesting and also a chance to create a story about it, to share "anecdotes" on its build, to make some nice photo (even some photo editing like a "fancy" background etc).

Absolutely... after all armies are not necessarily 100s and 100s of the same model. I think that armies are built best from squads or units of different troop types. So even with AmperZand's 30 odd units... you could easily have 3 squads of 10... or 6 squads of 5 models - plus a couple of more individual or unique models. Plenty of opportunity to create specific / strategic troop types and yet have the uniformity of army colours.

(NB: my favourite article I've read on this is: http://exploringbeli...f-uniforms.html and I deffo recommend if you're interested in army design)

5 years! RA you gotta post something... I've spent ages sitting on stuff because its really not ready or I want to build them up more... but I know if I waited until it was just "right" then I'd have never posted anything... funnily enough - within a couple of hours after filming the core troops I'd already changed the wardancers AND the spearswords again! But I wasn't going to refilm it before i posted because i'm sure I'll tweak them again before I'm finally happy to say.. FINISHED!

(and then I'm sure the new Elves fantasy range will appear in the shops and I'll have to re-jig things again :facepalm: )

Much love

D

Edited by nine09nueve

My not so interesting Uruk army. Note these are two pictures of the same minifigs taken from slightly different angles and using different lighting.

uruk_army_montage_small.jpg

And here are their general and champion:

uruk_general_and_champion_cropped_small.jpg