As an army builder like myself, it's really very enjoyable to see a fellow collector to take their time to arrange them nicely and now you have also shown us the purpose of having such huge armies just to clash with one another. Trust me, it's really really very fun! It's a lazy Sunday and I really wish I have more time to sit around and be patient to do stuff and arranging like yourself at the end of the day. It can be so fun and nice, just to create a war scene for the fun of it.

Once again, I thank you for sharing these pictures with us. :sweet:

It can be so fun and nice, just to create a war scene for the fun of it.

It's amazing how many folks don't 'get' that...or give you funny looks when you say it. :laugh:

You are right. The Scorpions are only axemen. The Scorpion king is planning to get them some black spear soon :)

Good, then I can sleep in peace.

Nice to see some 80's round shields in your latest Falcon picture. That's a shield I would like to see TLC make in pearl dark gray.

Very well said!

My purpose of army building is to be able to make story with nice war scene, like in the following pic

Thank you! I feel sorry for Crownies. Their flanks have fallen.

Nowhere near as impressive as some of the previous few posts, but from small things great armies are born!

I present you the honorable Dragon Knights, who have taken up positions in a castle recently liberated from the foul and perverse Lion Knights!

6174791229_ff25bd84d2_z.jpg

1 Prince and 2 Knights on Horseback, 2 Soldiers (Halberds), 1 Standard Bearer, 2 Spearman Levy, 4 Crossbow Levy, 2 Catapult Troops

Edited as I changed image host

Edited by ExpiredHero

Forgot to post my seven demons who brings chaos and destruction through the empire. I'm really not into the whole fantasy genre in my Lego world. At the same time I like them. They are to good to waste. Do not know what role they can play in my empire, but for now I use them as outlaws, dressed up as demons, using scare tactics to overwhelm their prey.

6136349579_00c9a38430_z.jpg

From left to right: Scarecrow, The Headless Legonian, One-Eyed Mo, Grim Reaper, P-Tail, Drummer Boy & good ol' Jolly R.

ExpiredHero

"the honorable Dragon Knights"

"the foul and perverse Lion Knights"

I guess the Dragon Knights are the good guys & the Lion Knights are the bad guys in your kingdom.

Interesting choice of torso for your flail men. Are you using the shoulder strap as a scabbard? I always try to use shoulder strap-torsos combined with arrow quivers, pauldrons or capes. Sometimes I make exceptions. Anyways, nice setup.

Edited by Magnus the Great

Forgot to post my seven demons who brings chaos and destruction through the empire. I'm really not into the whole fantasy genre in my Lego world. At the same time I like them. They are to good to waste. Do not know what role they can play in my empire,

Wow those are very cool Moc minifigs. I especially like one-eyed mo and P-tail. They looked like they are very good at fighting!

Edited by songwm

Forgot to post my seven demons who brings chaos and destruction through the empire. I'm really not into the whole fantasy genre in my Lego world. At the same time I like them. They are to good to waste. Do not know what role they can play in my empire, but for now I use them as outlaws, dressed up as demons, using scare tactics to overwhelm their prey.

Great-looking figs and a very cool concept! :thumbup:

ExpiredHero

"the honorable Dragon Knights"

"the foul and perverse Lion Knights"

I guess the Dragon Knights are the good guys & the Lion Knights are the bad guys in your kingdom.

Interesting choice of torso for your flail men. Are you using the shoulder strap as a scabbard? I always try to use shoulder strap-torsos combined with arrow quivers, pauldrons or capes. Sometimes I make exceptions. Anyways, nice setup.

@Magnus, The Dragon Knights think themselves as the good guys, whether they actually are is another matter :classic: The truth is I prefer the Dragon minifigs over the Lions and I tend to make the side I like the visuals of most the "good" guys.

The torsos are still in flux at the moment, with only 14 men they seem to get swapped and rearmed on a daily basis. (At the moment they are posed on the castle as if they are repelling an attack.) Once I get a larger number of troops things will become more concrete with equipment.

It's been a while but here is all of my heavy cavalry in one video. Total 53 armored horse bardings. not all armored knights though. Some are soldiers.

Also I got a new computer so I can now play Medieval 2 total war in its full glory on 1920x1080p resolution so I might not do anything with lego for a few weeks or even months. I might just buy computer stuff instead of lego stuff for now. But I hope to make some bigger battle mocs.

Not so much an army as a squadron, but I shall post it nonetheless.

unnecessary_army.png

They were originally designed to be soldiers from the KK2 province of Bantares, but I created a better design that will work for all four provinces, so these guys don't have a kingdom anymore.

Echo

Nice little squadron. It is good to seeing new life in this thread.

I never had any of the KKII or KKI for that matter, so the shields and different style of factions is always welcome.

I finally received all of my legos from my parents garage (in storage for 15 years), so they are quite dirty/dusty. Once I get them sorted and cleaned, I will be posting some of my classic castle armies.

Not so much an army as a squadron, but I shall post it nonetheless.

Nice. Reminds me of my mercs in the employ of the Crown army:

mercs.jpg

merc_capt2.jpg

From left to right: Scarecrow, The Headless Legonian, One-Eyed Mo, Grim Reaper, P-Tail, Drummer Boy & good ol' Jolly R.

awesome!

What parts did you use for the headgear and bodywear for One-Eyed Mo and P-tail?

It's been a while. But here is my updated Lion Knight army. This time more uniform and clone armyish.

It's been a while. But here is my updated Lion Knight army. This time more uniform and clone armyish.

It has been a while indeed. I do like the updated army. I much prefer the uniformity/clone-ness when coming to sizable forces.

Updated my Ninja Army. Sorted by color now.

I bought a warhammer 40k space marine paint set and might be getting more miniatures. So its going to be a while before I update any other armies and after that most of them will stop growing. With the exception of nay new cheap castle/ninja sets. I hope to get the Medieval Joust set though.

songwm, Ogre

Thanks!

ExpiredHero

I understand your stance. The dragon knights are to nice to be bad guys & I experience the same flux, I guess. With the Kingdom's Joust, I must revise my lion knights & my dragon faction is still growing.

ziljin

I don't have a single intact horse barding. You have 53. Impressive cavalry!

Echo

It might not be an army but still, your squadron is larger than my average faction. Nice fellows!

lego tripper

Thanks!

One-Eyed Mo: BF Pauldron & TLC mohawk (painted).

P-Tail: BF Ponytail & SDT Jinbaori.

I made a little stop motion video for my Castle armies. :laugh:

Very impressive armies (plural)! I missed out on a lot of the middle years there so I don't have nearly as many as you. Good work. That poor bird though.

Edited by TheLegoDr

Awesome video - hilarious! :dhappy: This is my favourite of yours. Your armies have many similarities to mine.