*oh2* Holy megablocks Madoka, that's a HUGE army. I'll buy some. Pweez? :sweet:

Are you planning a diorama/castle for them, or do you just enjoy army building?

Every time I see one of Madoka´s armies is really enjoyable to see so many minifigures. :cry_happy:

Same here, I can't say I remember seeing a horde of shadow knights before...

Then you will surely find this impressive (alas, none of these is mine):

lego_066.jpg_thumb.jpg

lego_034.jpg_thumb.jpg

Folder

Edited by Stiel

Why yes, I do technically have over 1,000 Dragon Knights and over 1,500 Lion Knights.

However, I have 700 of these guys:

*snip*

And 800 of these guys:

*snip*

So I broke them up into two separate factions.

Oh. My. Goodness. *huh**oh2*:oh::oh3:

Then you will surely find this impressive (alas, none of these is mine):

lego_066.jpg_thumb.jpg

lego_034.jpg_thumb.jpg

Folder

Holy Captain Crunch, that's a lot of Vladek polybags! :laugh:

Wow! Very impressive.

Edited by Ogre

Forget keeping up with the Joneses, keeping up with Madoka will make you even more broke! I feel like I should get a second job just looking at that army!

Very impressive army size. I am currently at number 13 Lion knights haha. But, believe you me, they are a well-trained 13.

And since I've missed castle for the last 16 years or so, I never got into the Vladek soldiers. Both armies are extremely impressive.

K-nut

A religious leader? That might work.

If you don't mind third-party products, BrickWarriors sells minotaur heads. Not cheap but it can create some variation in a minotaur army.

http://brickwarriors.com/

Bearded Castle Guy

Always nice to see a so called bad faction outnumber the good guys. Is that about 70 Dragon Knights?

ziljin

When you say you want 100 of each castle faction, do you mean 100 CMF Evil Dwarfs or do you plan to group them with others?

Hun

Great staging! How many banners in each faction & how large is each faction.

Ogre

Wow, 150 men under the Scorpion King's command! I guess your trolls & vikings are spending more time fleeing than in combat?

madoka

If I attempt to keep up with you, I would run out of time.

To be honest, I would be much more impressed with madoka if the photos were not always of zip lock bags stuffed. I would love to see madoka's armies, at least some times, standing with weapons etc.

But that aside, I have to say there is a nice flow of armies from many of you and I love it. It inspires me to keep trying. :sweet:

Time to share some more. This time, I have three desert factions. It is perhaps not right to use a European title for a nobleman from a desert, but I figured they are part of the same empire & court as the others.

Baron Driss

6117138655_89074ea1c9_z.jpg

Baron Driss: I felt compelled to change their black arms to dark bluish gray. Otherwise it was too dark. Baron Driss is named after a hotel.

Baroness Djerid

6117667560_9312d312f8_z.jpg

Baroness Djerid: I try to use plain torsos as often as I can (which isn't very often). Think it works here when other parts cover a bit. Four parts are painted: the keffiyeh, both bandanas & the BF turban. I named Baroness Djerid after a famous filming location.

Baron Soltane

6117657314_b0fdaf6bc6_z.jpg

Baron Soltane: named after a famous filming location.

TheLegoDr, Ogre, Artanis I, thanks for the compliments!

Big armies Hun Way bigger than mine. :laugh:But that's not saying much Any way we can get more pics? :dsweet:

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to take pictures recently. Earlier versions of the battle can be seen here. Our next big show is on the 1st and 2nd October, I’ll make sure I get some pics taken there.

Hun

Great staging! How many banners in each faction & how large is each faction.

Well, my factions usually consist of multiples of 24 for footsoldiers (plus a sergeant) and multiples of 12 for mounted knights (plus a captain). I never use stock figs as they come from the sets, I like to play around with weapons, gear and body parts, but I do divide my armies more or less according to the official Lego heraldry variations.

My armies in order of size:

- Shadow 219 (13 mounted)

- Crown 142 (14 mounted)

- Dragon 125 (13 mounted)

- Lion 117 (14 mounted)

- Fright 63 (13 mounted)

- Bull 38 (13 mounted)

Plus about 10 other factions of 25 to 75 each.

I usually build 3 banners per faction, but the Shadows have 6, as they use both the KKII scorpion pattern and the Fantasy Era troll’s skull pattern.

Here's some pictures of my Evil Wizard's Undead Army:

cimg6921.jpg

cimg6919.jpg

cimg6918.jpg

It's not that impressive, but my (much bigger) Crown Knight army was unavailable for photo-ing as there all inside my castle/other buildings and I didn't want to take them out. :blush:

I'll try and get all my Trolls, Dwarves, Lion Knights and Dragon Knights together for photos some time soon, as well.

Edited by LandShark

Baron Driss

6117138655_89074ea1c9_z.jpg

Baron Driss: I felt compelled to change their black arms to dark bluish gray. Otherwise it was too dark. Baron Driss is named after a hotel.

I really like this group of people. Where are the torsos from? And dark blue-gray works really well for the arms I think.

Quichybo

Thank you for the response. It does look like it has some nice features. I only looked at the Ostrich set because it was on clearance and it had ostriches!. I didn't look at any of the other Prince of Persia sets. That'd explain why the torsos were unfamiliar to me. Now I am kind of regretting not buying some of those other sets on clearance since they are no longer available in my area. Oh well.

Hun

Thanks, that made it clearer. I looked at your Brickshelf catalog, & I like how you vary weapon types & balance your armies. I'm trying to do the same thing but sometimes I make exception.

TheLegoDr

Thanks! As Quichybo said, it's from Prince of Persia, set 7569: Desert Attack, or set 7573: Battle of Alamut. One good thing about the torso is that both sides work as front. A bad thing is the light flesh part of the torso.

Ogre

Wow, 150 men under the Scorpion King's command! I guess your trolls & vikings are spending more time fleeing than in combat?

They HAD considered an alliance but, neither side trusts the other. :devil:

My army update:

Extremely impressive which shows the different factions together in such an organised and well presented line up with all of the different distinct divisions grouping together. :wub:

Ogre

Understandable, but they'd still have to rely on guerrilla tactics. Poor fellows.

songwm

Those are some big numbers and yes, well presented. Your Black Falcons & Crownies seem to be a bit better balanced than the Scorpions. Black Falcons & Crownies have archers, swordsmen, pikemen, and spearmen while the Scorpions mostly seem to have axemen among their foot soldiers. However, it's a bit hard to tell by the picture.

Extremely impressive which shows the different factions together in such an organised and well presented line up with all of the different distinct divisions grouping together. :wub:

Thanks for your kind comment.

Try to get 200 for each faction. Most of them make it except the Black Falcon. Too expensive to get BF knights now.

Ogre

Understandable, but they'd still have to rely on guerrilla tactics. Poor fellows.

songwm

Those are some big numbers and yes, well presented. Your Black Falcons & Crownies seem to be a bit better balanced than the Scorpions. Black Falcons & Crownies have archers, swordsmen, pikemen, and spearmen while the Scorpions mostly seem to have axemen among their foot soldiers. However, it's a bit hard to tell by the picture.

Magnus the great. Thanks for your comment.

You are right. The Scorpions are only axemen. The Scorpion king is planning to get them some black spear soon :)

songwmThose are really impressive armies.

More pics please. :excited:

My army update:

Orcs:

Scorpion:

Black Falcon:

Crownies:

Wow!

VERY impressive! Not only in size, but also in presentation. Nicely grouped. :thumbup:

Songwm

Very impressive armies. This is what I planned on doing when I had my army put together. Have a nice, organized setting to intimidate the opposing armies. As impressive as they all are, I really like the orc army (since I have no orcs) and the Black Falcon army. I've always wanted a larger Falcon army, but that probably won't happen. I only have around 17 or so from the early castle sets.

The fact that you have so many is impressive. The fact that you have so many for multiple factions is impressive-er :classic:

songwmThose are really impressive armies.

More pics please. :excited:

Thanks for all replies above.

Sorry I don't have more pics for the Scorpion. Only managed to find the rest. Here you go:

BF knights:

ff319bec.jpg

Orcs at different angle:

be3ffb79.jpg

17005863.jpg

Crownies at different angle:

c357d32f.jpg

Yes, the one with the biggest wallet can build the biggest army, the biggest moc, or the biggest red castle. Ironically, your comment is the opposite of the essence of Lego. Leg godt, or play-well in english. Who are you to decide how to play with Lego? I do not want play by your rules, standards, philosophy, morals, or level. It's no fun for me. I for one want to see how other equip, group, mix & balance their factions. Therein is my pleasure. It is linked to what I do. I'm building a minifig aristocracy. I want to create a map like Khorne and a background story like ziljin.

The title says "Post Your Castle Army Here". It gives a fairly wide interpretation. Nothing about size, nothing about budget, nothing about creativity. Of course, armies that departs from Lego's original design is for me the most interesting, but I still find a default, purist army fascinating, whether it is size or how it is balanced. Lego has more than one perspective.

Very well said!

My purpose of army building is to be able to make story with nice war scene, like in the following pic

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by songwm